Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Kodiak Patch

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm sure it might be therapy for you, but it seems that in every other new thread you pop up and use the occasion to complain/comment/philosophize over the Fenix-phenomenon happening at AVSIM recently. I don't so much mind it as much as I'm fascinated by how much it concerns you. But then again I'd love to have a Fenix forum!

Anyway, we were discussing the Kodiak update I think 😉

Spot on......😀

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

What is a Kodiak?   Is it some sort of mod for the Fenix A320?  Is a custom livery or something?  Does it come in 8k?

Wait, I forgot that I flew this aircraft for a month nonstop before I got back into the FBW...oh, then the PMDG 737...and them that darn Fenix,,,then that H-Jet!😄  I need to get back in and relearn this one...really is a great aircraft...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

36 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Wait, I forgot that I flew this aircraft for a month nonstop before I got back into the FBW...oh, then the PMDG 737...and them that darn Fenix,,,then that H-Jet!😄  I need to get back in and relearn this one...really is a great aircraft...

LOL yeah...the HondaJet (or HJet as it has to be called) is distracting me too.  Great little plane, as is the Kodiak, the Sting, the 414a, the 310, the 146 (did I miss any?). 🤣  

Have we, in the last 20 years of simming, ever had this many great planes to fly all within a short period of time?

No wonder I confused this as a Fenix update, LOL  I was hoping with all this time away from the Kodiak, they would have had time to give us the Amphib by now....sadly, she's still bound to land, and missing all those cool places we could take her.   Guess I just have to fly another Amphib on those flights. 🙂 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Kodiak update is out on SImmarket 🙂

But not on JustFlight...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

Update is available on Contrail as well now.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

39 minutes ago, Eclex said:

But not on JustFlight...

Given it's currently 2100 Friday evening in the UK, in the middle of a four day weekend (public holidays Thurs and Friday, thanks to Brenda's do in London), I'm expecting Monday at the earliest.

1 minute ago, dfl1010 said:

Given it's currently 2100 Friday evening in the UK, in the middle of a four day weekend (public holidays Thurs and Friday, thanks to Brenda's do in London), I'm expecting Monday at the earliest.

I guess I'll be buying the Floatiak from Simmarket, then.

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

2 minutes ago, Eclex said:

I guess I'll be buying the Floatiak from Simmarket, then.

Feel like I'm having flashbacks to when there was an update around the Xmas/New Year period.

Personally, I'm OK with JF allowing their staff a decent work/life balance.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If I remember correctly they aren’t doing the amphibian version? Or was it just delayed? 

SWS recommends uninstalling the old version before installing the update, and I see on the SWS Discord site that some have run into a problem installing the update over the old version. But how do you uninstall the old version? I don't see the Kodiak listed anywhere in the Control Panel Programs and Features, and I don't see an uninstaller program in my Kodiak folder -- I must be overlooking something. Or is it sufficient to just delete the Kodiak from the Community folder?

Thx,

Al

11 minutes ago, ark said:

Or is it sufficient to just delete the Kodiak from the Community folder?

I renamed mine.. just in case I want to go back.  I have it installed in my Addons folder, so I can enable it or disable it.

• Like 2

Bert

9 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

+1

I biught directly from SimWorks Studio and my account shows an installer dated 20220220 which translates to February 2, 2022.

On Simmarket I just DL 20220530, which makes more sense of an update.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well then, all whom get the update early (I'm on the JF version) please let us know your thoughts... 😎👍

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

If I remember correctly they aren’t doing the amphibian version? Or was it just delayed? 

It is still coming soon ...

Half the cost of the Kodiak wheels and likely an extra discount for owners of that model already.

2 versions of the PC12 coming, Steam guage for xmas, modded g3000 version in a year.

Also a B52 in the works.

Courtesy of Alex on TwoCats preview the Koduak update stream last night.

• Like 2