Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Kodiak Patch

2 hours ago, ark said:

But how do you uninstall the old version?

Open the sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels folder in the community folder. At the very bottom of that there's Uninstall.exe.

1 hour ago, Simple B said:

Also a B52 in the works.

As in BUFF type B-52? 

22 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Open the sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels folder in the community folder. At the very bottom of that there's Uninstall.exe.

Ah, thank you! I missed that somehow.

Al

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

What is a Kodiak?   Is it some sort of mod for the Fenix A320?  Is a custom livery or something?  Does it come in 8k?

Hehe...sorry...whenever I see the rare non-Fenix topic appear on the MSFS front page for more than a few minutes, I just think to myself when we'll actually get to the day when there is not a single Fenix post on the front page for more than 10 mins. 🙂

All they have to do is come out with a new patch and it's top news all over again here....instead of their own forum. 🤔 (which they seem to do with much frequency...a GOOD thing mind you...not complaining about that.)

Its more of a fun game now rather than a serious topic that I feel should be addressed....gave up on that long ago, when we were told its not an issue.

Please move on....I'm just having fun (its therapy, LOL)

Hang on though, didn't you just make a completely Fenix-unrelated thread into a Fenix thread?   Thus exacerbating the thing that irritates you most here at the mo! 😁

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I guess JustFlight will have the update round about July. What with the Jubilee celebrations an' all.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Have we, in the last 20 years of simming, ever had this many great planes to fly all within a short period of time?

true. MS/Joerg Neumann must be proud - mission accomplished. not much 3rd party developer creativity left over for the other sims, while we watch the other flightsims inevitably dying slowly like starving street dogs, with nobody taking much notice.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

true. MS/Joerg Neumann must be proud - mission accomplished. not much 3rd party developer creativity left over for the other sims, while we watch the other flightsims inevitably dying slowly like starving street dogs, with nobody taking much notice.

I almost feel a bit sad on behalf of Austin and his team as they're on the verge of releasing the 12th edition of their sim which in many ways has been rendered obsolete by MSFS. I spent years in that sim, had great fun, learned heaps, but I must say I haven't looked back much after I booted up MSFS on my machine almost two years ago. Some months ago I deleted it along with probably thousands of dollars worth of payware addons from my HDD. And freed up many many gigabytes of Ortho scenery, lol. 

Ah. The Kodiak update is available on Orbx. I just have to finish my current Fenix flight. And not start another Fenix flight. I know I can do it. I think I can do it. Heck, it might even be better than the Executor. “Intensify the forward batteries”

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 6

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Only issue with great updates like this is the potential to lose tweaks achieved with file edits (as opposed to addon mods).  I had backed up my edits to aircraft.cfg (reduced the number of liveries that load) and flight_model.cfg (changed startup pax and cargo loading) and repositioned them after this update.  But I recall there was another edited tweak and it involved creating an action for one of the circuit breakers on the pedestal.  Does anyone recall that edit/action and able to point to it?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This is awesome! One of MSFS' best planes to date. Glad it's always being updated.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I guess JustFlight will have the update round about July. What with the Jubilee celebrations an' all.

I'm hoping that some one from Just Flight will manage to stagger into the office today to deal with this update, But if their hangovers are anything like mine I somehow doubt it!😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I almost feel a bit sad on behalf of Austin and his team as they're on the verge of releasing the 12th edition of their sim which in many ways has been rendered obsolete by MSFS. I spent years in that sim, had great fun, learned heaps, but I must say I haven't looked back much after I booted up MSFS on my machine almost two years ago. Some months ago I deleted it along with probably thousands of dollars worth of payware addons from my HDD. And freed up many many gigabytes of Ortho scenery, lol. 

Ah. The Kodiak update is available on Orbx. I just have to finish my current Fenix flight. And not start another Fenix flight. I know I can do it. I think I can do it. Heck, it might even be better than the Executor. “Intensify the forward batteries”

I’m right there with you with P3D. Been flying it since Ver 3.0 circa 2016.  I too have thousands of dollars invested including every Orbx scenery made for P3D. All sitting idle now. After I bought the Fenix and had put a few hours in it, I decided to fire up my P3D 5.3 HF1 with Active Sky and my Sharklet FSLabs A320-231.  Got airborne and within minutes I grew bored of the entirety synthetic looking scenery. I know that the P3D flight model and environment are top notch, but the visuals now just leave me flat so I don’t fly it anymore and now with PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 I probably never will, but I’m not ready to delete it yet. I don’t need to reclaim the drive space, I’ve got plenty and the one thing P3D has that MSFS does not have is the ability to fully function offline, without an internet connection

In todays world, one never knows when an extended internet outage or outages might occur. It’s good to have a backup!

-B

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I almost feel a bit sad on behalf of Austin and his team as they're on the verge of releasing the 12th edition of their sim which in many ways has been rendered obsolete by MSFS.

me too, especially for his employees.yes  but .... reminds me of the book by that other Austin: Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice.  it was Austin Myer who said back then when MSFS was released: "MSFS - hmm I haven't tried it, you mean that game for Microsoft toy-box?"

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

12 hours ago, dfl1010 said:

Given it's currently 2100 Friday evening in the UK, in the middle of a four day weekend (public holidays Thurs and Friday, thanks to Brenda's do in London), I'm expecting Monday at the earliest.

You are not sayin the UK is stuck in the past I hope.

Harry Woodrow

15 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just overwrote the old version, the installer didn't complain. 

First I did the same but I've noticed - the main part of the files have had the same old date from the previous installation. Guess they got not updated.

Deinstalled / Removed the old SWS folder and installed new. All files are up to date now.

Best regards

Detlef