Sign in to follow this  
polosim

Mathijs Kok is Leaving Aerosoft

Wow, Kok is leaving Aerosoft after more then 20 years... now can we have more than a Rolls Royce engine on the new A330, maybe a -200 and freighter too.

Darryl 

Edited by SP2472
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Curious to see where he'll land. 

Some people don't like Mathijs because he says it like it is, without sugar coating stuff. That's exactly (one of the reasons) why I like him. 

Incidentally, he was the project manager for several projects, not the marketing/PR manager. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

I wasn't expecting that - I always felt he was "Aerosoft" seeing as he was pretty much everywhere over there. 

Will be interesting to see if anything does change with him gone. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Upvote 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

6 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

I always felt he was "Aerosoft" seeing as he was pretty much everywhere over there.

Maybe that's part of the reason he's on the way out of AS (sounds like he's been pushed, rather than jumped - so to speak).

A new PM and PR might change how AS is perceived by the flight sim community.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Microsoft nabbed him. I'm willing to bet my life savings on it.

I’ll let you know where to send the check! 😂

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

16 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Maybe that's part of the reason he's on the way out of AS (sounds like he's been pushed, rather than jumped - so to speak).

I don't see anything in Mathijs' very brief statement that would indicate he was pushed.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

14 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I don't see anything in Mathijs' very brief statement that would indicate he was pushed.

"... I was a bit surprised..."

That's not the language usually associated with someone describing things as happening on their own terms.

Anyway, Aerosoft is getting a new face of the company soon.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

good. Aerosofts standards have dropped over the last 10 years.   

Hes been at the helm when they have released a stream of unfinished, unpolished and half baked products.

Reminds me of Lungren at Easy, Cruz at BA and Joyce at QF,  they have all been at the helm when things have turned sour, the buck has to stop somewhere.  In aerosofts case its Kok.

Its a good idea hes gone, Bring in somone new. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 4

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Abriael said:

Curious to see where he'll land. 

Some people don't like Mathijs because he says it like it is, without sugar coating stuff. That's exactly (one of the reasons) why I like him. 

Incidentally, he was the project manager for several projects, not the marketing/PR manager. 

Personally as an Aerosoft customer it was being lied to by him that really soured my opinion of him.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Krakin said:

Microsoft nabbed him. I'm willing to bet my life savings on it.

Don't know whether this would be a good or more likely a bad thing for MSFS if it were true.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

56 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

That's not the language usually associated with someone describing things as happening on their own terms.

Anyway, Aerosoft is getting a new face of the company soon.

Lol, you need to read the whole sentence. He said he was a bit surprised that even though he is old there are still companies interested in his expertise.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, virtualstuff said:

Times flies Lago and Virtuali also if I remember correct back then...

yep wow! so long wish Mathijs the best.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

35 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Read Mathijs' post again - the surprise he expresses is that, at his age (quote "old as Methuselah" ), there are still companies interested in his expertise and experience. He does not say that he is surprised to be leaving Aerosoft.

He states that after 20 years, he and Aerosoft have grown apart, and it was time for him to leave. There isn't so much as a hint that he was pushed out of the job.

• Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, Abriael said:

I like the no-nonsense approach also, but I know, especially these days, people don’t like that approach because it’s not warm and fuzzy.

I think the reason he was disliked by many was not so much because of his approach but more that anytime something was amiss with a product it was always the customers fault, even when it could be proven it wasn’t. Not saying the customer is always right, we definitely know a lot of blame can be placed on peoples installs and tweaks, but that was typical his stance. 

Years ago, probably 2008-ish, I called him out about some scenery performance issues related to low FPS and shimmering due to lack of mip maps being use for airport textures. Even went as far as showing before and after performance and visual comparisons after I cleaned up textures on one of their airports, but he still insisted it was a fault of my system and a compete reformat/reinstall would fix everything. Shortly after that I didn’t purchase their sceneries any longer because I had to spend to much time fixing them to get good performance.

• Like 12

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator