Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

New screenshots of the upcoming FBW A380

I'm grabbing it ASAP, this is a really big deal in flight simming!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

11 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

this is a really big deal in flight simming!

I think this will probably be the best A380 for a home flight sim when it comes out! I have a lot of confidence in the FBW team 👍

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

She is looking mighty fine

• Like 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This is the one bird I'm absolutely most looking forward to, one of the reasons being it's my favorite to fly in as a passenger IRL. The only other known one in development is iniBuilds' (AFAIK) and they've said it's still in the plan but on pause currently, as they focus on releasing their A300-600 pax and cargo versions by end of this month, and then their "long-haul modern airbus" which they've said is not an A380 (so likely a A330 or A350) to be revealed by eoy. Given all this, I hope FBW can drop their first public alpha some time in 2024 and bring us all the goodness of flying this magnificent bird! Maybe to align nicely with the release of MSFS 2024? 🙂 🤞

Also saw Lucky38i's comment on fselite https://fselite.net/content/flybywire-shares-new-a380-previews/ , the FBW team look like they're doing something very special here (for both the first proper A380 for any flight sim and one that is freeware): "Yes we have a number of A380 type-rated pilots to help with referencing and testing."

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I think this will probably be the best A380 for a home flight sim when it comes out! I have a lot of confidence in the FBW team 👍

Isn't it the only A380 so far? Never heard of one before, for whatever sim.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I think there are some A380s made for various flight sims before but the fidelity were very poor. For example, here is one for MSFS: 

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I will definitely be diving into this one when released. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

31 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I remember the Project Airbus one, either with their own gauges or with vasFMC. But that was for FS9. vasFMC was a CTD fest, but the PA gauges were not bad at all. It even had autotrim! I still have it in my laptop.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

8 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Alright. That's great for us. Seems like a wasted economical opportunity, but I'm not going to complain 🙂 

You can always give them a donation to show appreciation for what they do for the community. Buy them a coffee or something but are surely not obligated to do so.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

I think the A380 is one of the most awaited aircraft for MSFS2020.

As a fan of the A220 I wonder if it continues to be developed and will be released at some point.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I flew in an SIA A380 from London to Singapore in September. Genuinely the quietest, most comfortable airliner I've ever travelled in. What a pity they didn't sell as well as hoped for.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I flew in an SIA A380 from London to Singapore in September. Genuinely the quietest, most comfortable airliner I've ever travelled in. What a pity they didn't sell as well as hoped for.

Maybe they should have made 'em freeware too. 😄

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

It was a paradigm shift in the way airline industry operated that doomed the A380. It used to be the case that one would fly from major hubs to regional airports but since the regional airport got developed with better facilities and longer runways a large shift from getting connections  to getting direct flights to where you going killed the demand for the A380. It had a very short career for an Airliner. A fraction of that of the 747. The 747 went the same way for the same reason.

• Like 1

Some airlines, like Emirates, still operate in that way. They need big big jets to get their major hubs populated. But most other airlines tend to more different destinations (directly) in smaller planes. Also big 4 engine aircraft are way more expensive in fuel cost and also landing fees.
I do understand the shift, but as an aviation enthusiast I'm also sad that the big ones are going to die.

• Upvote 2

FlyByWire Simulations

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I have flown several times on Singapore Airlines A380's and I wholeheartedly agree, they are the most comfortable airliner. Quiet, steady in mild turbulence and with great locker space for the window seat passenger. On most of the landings I couldn't clearly discern when we had actually touched down!

Unfortunately, the airlines always market their new airliners so that it seems to be all about our comfort and great experience. The trouble is, we rarely receive either of those things as the airline attempts to eek out every dollar by carrying as many passengers as possible in less spacious accommodation.  The A380 sort of turned that model upside down and passengers have actually enjoyed the experience and the relative spaciousness. Such a win for the customer at the airlines expense was never going to last long and so the A380 didn't get past 251 airframes being built with only 130 of them still flying as of May 2023. There were a number of other factors such as pandemic, practicalities of hub and spoke operations, and of course the fuel efficiency of the big twins, but it all added up to consigning one of the best customer aircraft ever built, to the history books.     

Cheers

Terry

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.