Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill A

How Big is your FS9 Directory?

Man o man, I just checked my FS9 directory and its a little over 80gigs.What are your numbers?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Heck I feel like a beginner. I thought I was doing pretty well with 21.5 gigs til I saw that 80 gig count....

Man o man, I just checked my FS9 directory and its a little over 80gigs.What are your numbers?
45 gigs on internal and 20gigs on external where I store most of the planes.Carl Perry 7 year sim pilot

Just built a new system three weeks ago, but managed to copy over all of my files from the old machine so it sits at 82Gb on a separate Raptor drive.

17.5 GB, compressed to 8.88 GB (Chinese people would love that :(). I don't see any performance difference, so compressed it will remain... and me thinking I had used too much hard drive space....Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

17.5 GB, compressed to 8.88 GB (Chinese people would love that :(). I don't see any performance difference, so compressed it will remain... and me thinking I had used too much hard drive space....Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
I'm curious why Chinese people would love that?BTW - mine is 61 GB.Ted

A modest 34 Gigs here....

60GB for me and after I install the Netherlands 2000 v3se scenery it will ballon over 84GB (that is once I finish downloading it).

Virtually a Virgin :( Given up on F$ :( Waiting for AFS2012 which will have a decent add on file folder structure :(

31GB, of which FSglobal is 11.7G and aircraft folder is another 11.7G.

I'm curious why Chinese people would love that?
because in Chinese 8 sounds like "prosper", hence their favorite number.

This was posted before and it was funny to see how large and small some had running.Ok I feel like a glutton......112GB

total of around 30 gigs counting my scenery files on 2nd handdrive

My whole install is 100gb...but...I took a year off of work and had a whole bunch of fun :)Mark

I'm curious why Chinese people would love that?
The number 8 is associated with prosperity and confidence in Chinese culture, according to the Wikipedia page for the 2008 summer Olympics in China. This was the key reason for the opening ceremonies being on August (the 8th month) 8, '08, at close to 8:08:08pm (again, according to the same Wikipedia page).My FS9 is 24.3GB.

I've been on a real aircraft and scenery download "feeding frenzy" over the past 3 months or so, flying in Russia, the Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, all over Eastern Europe and Asia so mine's at 87 gig and going strong right now. My archived downloads that I keep on a separate drive is 4 x that size.

Hi,,, let's say 147 gigs, got scared myself, time for a backup. Have fun Christian llull, Illes Balears

Hi,,, let's say 147 gigs, got scared myself, time for a backup. Have fun Christian llull, Illes Balears
78 Gb (with 12.8 Gb as FSG2008).Geoff

What was it by default, 1.9 GB?
I think it is around 2.8 GB, but I'm not sure. Back to topic, who will win the "FS9 Heavy" prize? :(Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

70GB+, and increasing little by little every week it seems....
.................... who will win the "FS9 Heavy" prize? :(Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel
So far 'fosko1' is at the top with 147 gigs.

20 gigs (215022 Files, 3783 Folders) KJ