Sign in to follow this  
kantk2008

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the NGX Sounds?

I think it's funny that PMDG spent the extra time to go in and create a way to have a third soundset (one for the cabin/wingviews), which has never been done before (you were stuck with external sounds), and people are complaining that it's not perfect. I understand you want something to be perfect, but at the same time, this is a company aiming at a quality simulation of what it's like to fly the thing, not sit in the back.

Kyle Rodgers

On my computer the NGX doesn't sound like a NG,.. but that is because I only have 2.0 laptop speakers! not a 2.0 27k GE set.. Whistle.gif

vpa118.png

Rico van Dijk

I also find great the sounds of NGX as I mentioned in a previous post BUTAside from a Livery Installer must be a Soundset Installer...- PMDG Sound Pack- Engine Spool Up Emphasis Sound Pack- Hi-end Sound Pack with Analog Tube Warmouth Recording- Deep Bass Sound Pack for neighbors pleasure.- more to come....Themis KatakalosLGAV

Themis Katakalos

Athens - LGAV

The most realistic sound set for the pilot view, would be silence mixed with a little wind and a 400hz buzz. The times I have jumpseated I was given some neat noise canceling headsets. :)

^im%20Not%20Worthy.gif PMDG recorded the sounds with a microphone in a real NG. How can you say the sounds are wrong? Quite funny actually.
im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif PMDG im%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gifim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Throw on my Sennheiser HD25-1 II's and it sounds like I'm standing right next to the thing in real life. I think the sounds are by far the BEST part of this addon. Far higher quality than anything from any other company, including A2A's "Accusim". I could sit and listen to the engines for hours with some good headphones on.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Hi, are you satisfied sound of engines NGX at full power (i.e. after takeoff) in external view, in front of aircraft?IMO, the sound is quite low/deep tone but so .. bombilate/drone .. something like old vacuum cleaner ;) Admittedly, I have never stood before 737-800 with full power ;) ... and maybe the sound in NGX is correct. Ps. Push "Q" twice doesn't change the sound. Ps2. Otherwise, the rest of sounds are excellent :) Regards,Lucas

I reckon the whole aircraft is modelled perfectly in all respects. The FMC/VNAV/LNAV does an awesome job.

i personally could not care less about the sounds in the cabin, its the cockpit all the way for me baby

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The sounds change a lot from your position in the real a/c, for example, during a go around you can hear the engines if you're sitting at the front, however if you are at the back, all you can hear is the annoying "wind" noise due to the increased thrust, and if you are sitting just behind the wing the sound you hear is a mix of both... I think there are some limitations in the sim when it comes to simulate different sounds related to the user position in the simulated a/c, but the sounds in the cockpit are really spot on in my opinion, from the engines to the packs/fuel pumps/sby instruments etc etc sounds. I seriously think the sounds are one of the most accurate part of the ngx, and I fly in a real 737-800 at least 10 times a week... Oh, and different a/c (same model, different a/c) have different sounds, for example, some of the a/c when they retract the gear you can hear a really weird rattling sound that sounds as if something is breaking down there and you can feel the vibrations from that if you're sitting in the front or in the cockpit, however in the same a/c you won't feel anything at the back. Some other a/cs you can hear a slight whistle if you're sitting reallyyyy at the the back just moments before touchdown, in some other a/c or even in the same a/c but in different conditions you won't hear it...It's really relative and one cannot come here and say i flew on the a/c and I heard it differently, because you will always find nuances even in real life, and it's impossible to simulate all of then, especially when the simulations is offered for a price under 100 dollars...

yeah and what are you......an ng pilot? Get off your high horse. Your posts dont really help the matter....do they?
And you have contributed what exactly? Iain Smith

It's already been answered by Jane (a 737 pilot) in this thread. The interior sounds are modeled from the cockpit perspective, and are incredibly accurate when compared to the real thing. Therefore, expecting these cockpit perspective sounds to match what you hear in the passenger area simply is not reasonable.

The sounds change a lot from your position in the real a/c, for example, during a go around you can hear the engines if you're sitting at the front, however if you are at the back, all you can hear is the annoying "wind" noise due to the increased thrust, and if you are sitting just behind the wing the sound you hear is a mix of both... I think there are some limitations in the sim when it comes to simulate different sounds related to the user position in the simulated a/c, but the sounds in the cockpit are really spot on in my opinion, from the engines to the packs/fuel pumps/sby instruments etc etc sounds. I seriously think the sounds are one of the most accurate part of the ngx, and I fly in a real 737-800 at least 10 times a week... Oh, and different a/c (same model, different a/c) have different sounds, for example, some of the a/c when they retract the gear you can hear a really weird rattling sound that sounds as if something is breaking down there and you can feel the vibrations from that if you're sitting in the front or in the cockpit, however in the same a/c you won't feel anything at the back. Some other a/cs you can hear a slight whistle if you're sitting reallyyyy at the the back just moments before touchdown, in some other a/c or even in the same a/c but in different conditions you won't hear it...It's really relative and one cannot come here and say i flew on the a/c and I heard it differently, because you will always find nuances even in real life, and it's impossible to simulate all of then, especially when the simulations is offered for a price under 100 dollars...
the biggest limitation is recording the sound in multiple locations in the aircraft.