Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

So FS2Crew

Yeah really enjoying it just using the push button version. Decreases the workload heaps.For the newbies like myself make sure you let the NGX systems fully load (I start from NGX Short) before turning on FS2crew.Otherwise you'll get the dreaded CDU not configured properly and engines won't start.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Thanks for the quick reply. A few more questions before I buy...1. I typically fly with the panel start up state "Short". From what I can tell without any manual, I should just be able to "skip" ahead to the correct state for fs2crew, right?2. Is there an online manual for the NGX yet? I think I found one online at work a couple days ago but I don't remember if it was for the NGX. Either way, I can't seem to find that same site now at home. Is there a link to any version of the online manual(preferably NGX).3. Do the flight attendants make their announcements automatically or do I have to trigger them?Thanks again.Kevin

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Could someone show their experience on youtube. As a bit of a part timer I learn fast watching tutorials than reading the manuals over and over.FS2Crew will create one at some point, I'm just a little impatient I guess LOL
there a quite a few on utube on other aircraft not on the ngx, its still the same principle on how it works, at the moment but there is a short video of about 90 secs on the fscrew2 forum.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

....and have a look at this site http://www.b737.org.uk/...besides a lot of informations about the 737, both CL and NG, if you navigate the menus through Pilot Notes - NGs - General, you can download a very nice presentation on the SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) philosophy (the link is "New SOP"). It is very well done and in particular for people using FS2crew it will give a great insight on the real world crew flows on the NG. Although I was already familiar with FS2Crew (I own also the PMDG747 version), I found it extremely helpful. I definitely recommend it for both newbies and experts NGX/FS2Crew users. Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Like i said in another topic, it's such a shame that you can talk to your co-pilot, but don't actually see one in the f.o seat...........
Yep Lara Croft as a FO.....nice :(

Like i said in another topic, it's such a shame that you can talk to your co-pilot, but don't actually see one in the f.o seat...........
eeeesh, Teun my friend, I can't think of anyhting worse. Can you imagine having everything modelled so perfectly that you actually believe you are flying the real AC then you turn to the FO and see some awful animation, no sir, I don't think so. As has also been said before, the cost on perfromance would be significant.Laurel and Hardy, champagne and caviar, coffee and mints, strawberries and cream... NGX and FS2Crew!! :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1. I typically fly with the panel start up state "Short". From what I can tell without any manual, I should just be able to "skip" ahead to the correct state for fs2crew, right?
Correct, I start with "Short" panel and skip to "Before engine start" procedure which includes the Push back procedure/checklist in it as well.works like charm.
2. Is there an online manual for the NGX yet? I think I found one online at work a couple days ago but I don't remember if it was for the NGX. Either way, I can't seem to find that same site now at home. Is there a link to any version of the online manual(preferably NGX).
you mean NGX itself (PMDG) or the FS2Crew product for NGX?
3. Do the flight attendants make their announcements automatically or do I have to trigger them?
Flight attendants don't do the announcements in this product to my knowledge.I know you as the Capitan could do some PA to the cabin.you have set of announcements you as a Capitan broadcast to your passengers.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Flight attendants don't do the announcements in this product to my knowledge.
If you turn up the CAB volume control on the FS2CREW main panel, you should be able to hear some announcements (safety etc) that are automatically triggered.

Correct, I start with "Short" panel and skip to "Before engine start" procedure which includes the Push back procedure/checklist in it as well.works like charm.you mean NGX itself (PMDG) or the FS2Crew product for NGX?Flight attendants don't do the announcements in this product to my knowledge.I know you as the Capitan could do some PA to the cabin.you have set of announcements you as a Capitan broadcast to your passengers.
Hi,The flight attendants do make their announcements. Turn up the knob labeled "CAB" on the FS2Crew main panel.Regards

I hate all of you. Every time I think my configuration is set, one of you mentions a great product (new or existing) and I find that the experience is elevated to a new level. I bought GSX this week and it really makes the gate come alive (and it's worth the price just to have a pushback that knows the correct path). Then along comes FS2Crew for the NGX and, after following some of the discussions here and the FS2Crew forum, I read the online manual and bought it yesterday. Now, while I'm going through the preflight, starting at NP.21, the catering service is working and the FO is in his preflight flow. I wait until FS2Crew asks if passengers can board before triggering GSX (which I reconfigured in GSX to take about 10 minutes on the -700 with a medium pax load). I use the GSX pushback and skip that option in FS2Crew.I did run into a situation where, after a UT2 AI ran into me and the flight reset, the FO lost track of what had been initialized and wouldn't start the engines. I was able to skip that flow in FS2Crew and start the engines myself and the flight proceeded with the FO working properly.So far, the best thing for me about FS2Crew is that it helps me follow the procedures in the proper sequence (which I had gotten sloppy with). I'm using the Button version to start with and the first time through I was uncertain of exactly what I was supposed to trigger with a button as opposed to what would happen automatically in the flows. In a couple of cases I started a checklist prematurely while the FO was still in his part of the flow that the checklist was for. But once or twice through was enough to get with the program. For me, half the pleasure comes from successfully climbing the learning curve (as long as the answers are available), which is why the NGX is the greatest add-on for MSFS ever (and "add-on" doesn't do it justice) and FS2Crew is another layer of icing on the cake.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

I was also wondering what parts in the checklist/flow the FO does for you and what he expects you doing by reading you the list...?I still don't have that answer..I know for engine start , the FO does everything apart from the turning the fuel cut switch on (i think that is what they are called).auto spoilers, he expects me to arm....does any one knows and willing to share what is expected from me to do and what the FO does by himself?

Hi,The flight attendants do make their announcements. Turn up the knob labeled "CAB" on the FS2Crew main panel.Regards
nice to know.. I learn new things every day, thanks to you all.
If you turn up the CAB volume control on the FS2CREW main panel, you should be able to hear some announcements (safety etc) that are automatically triggered.
same as above...

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I was also wondering what parts in the checklist/flow the FO does for you and what he expects you doing by reading you the list...?I still don't have that answer..I know for engine start , the FO does everything apart from the turning the fuel cut switch on (i think that is what they are called).auto spoilers, he expects me to arm....does any one knows and willing to share what is expected from me to do and what the FO does by himself?nice to know.. I learn new things every day, thanks to you all.same as above...
Have a look at the FS2Crew online manual in the flows section, it outlines what you have to do in the order that you have to do it.Regards

I'm about to push the button on this one, and have decided I will suffer the slings and arrows of mny missus ripping it out of me for talking to my computer; will it work with a webcam built-in microphone, with the voice (FO's) routed to my sound output (as opposed to a headset)Cross-posted to the FS2Crew page, so sorry for the non-NGX related questions (although I can't really see me using this with the Duke Turbine LOL)bestjake
I hear that. I bought FS2 Crew and the new Ipad.Imagine how many lashes I will have to endure! :(

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So I bought it last night and have one flight done so far. It is excellent so far!!! The flight attendants do automatically make their announcements and as some posts have already said, you just have to make sure the cabin volume is turned up to hear them. You can start from any panel state too and just "fast forward" to the state that you are starting in. My work load right now is harder or more while I get used to it but I can see already that it will definitely decrease the work load once I get used to what the FO does and what I do and at the proper times. But, definitely, it really adds to that sense of realism. Excellent product, Bryan - Thank you!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024