Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

So FS2Crew

Actually few days ago I finally managed to have the English Language Pack installed and activated on my Italian Win7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 - whit no reinstall. fs2crew voice edition works as well as - for example - VoxATC works marveollusly!Details here (use google to translate if needed, but it's quite simple): http://blog.y-m-e.ne...sional-mit-sp1/.
I give it a try. Thanks for helping.Eric

Was Flying from YYC to PHX last night. I was coming in for approach did the approach checklist. Came in for a nice landing on 27L. Phoenix was looking good. Told the F/O to clean up the aircraft, Had a R/W arrival video into phoenix with WestJet playing in the background. I then began the taxi to the gate and arrived shortly at gate 23. My GSX crew was waiting to bring me in and then Fs2 crew ground contacts me and tells me that the chocks are in. Then I sat back in my seat, sighed and thought to myself "wow, i dont think i can get this much closer to the real thing, besides being in the real thing" it was a truly immersive and unbelievable experience. It's one of those nights that keeps me coming back to the SIM. For a second i felt like a WestJet line pilot and i was in a different world. I almost felt like i had to go catch the hotel shuttle and stay for the night LOL. FS2Crew adds that extra element to the whole experience. It makes the sim come alive. NGX+FS2Crew= Amazing experience for anyone who has a love for this stuff!!Looking forward to my next flight!! Thank you so much Bryan!!Sincerely

Eric,Try running Vistalizator in compatibility mode.Cheers,
Byork,After a lot of trial and error, I did the right thing. You have to yse running in windows 7 mode instead of the other versions.Express installing and vistalizator gives a lot of errors, but I just kept going and after a restart of Windows it works perfect.Wow.... voice control is a big difference.!!!!Great. Thanks for helping.Eric

Fs2crew NGX. 10/10. Use the Voice version, it adds so much more to the NGX.

I am stuck with button control because I have previously run System Mechanic. This does something to Windows 7 that prevents FS2CREW voice from working, although the rest of Windows speech recognition works. In addition, I had also used the Windows 7 SP1 cleanup tool. Because I have used the cleanup tool, I cannot remove SP1 and therefore cannot do an "upgrade" install of Windows 7. Only fix: Complete "fresh" install of Win 7 64.

I need to buy this, along with the 700 etc.
The 600/700 is also a must. It's worth every penny. You are definitely not just paying for additional exteriors. You're getting two more aircraft. I'm pretty partial to my -700 these days.

Chris Hicks

I was skeptical about this product (FS2Crew) at 1st and I purchased it mainly for support the NGX frantic including the addons for NGXthat would keeps the NGX alive.I did not believe I would use it ever as I feared it would take to much time learning the product and it would prolong my flights (I don't have the luxury of spending hours with the SIm).I owned the 747 version in the days I used the 747 PMDG, but I never used it, so I had no clue how it works.I decided to give it a shot and I discovered that not only I hardly needed to learn this product (it's pretty self explanatory), it hardly prolonged my flight.I am now very enjoying the product and I don't fly without it!!me as being skeptical and reluctant even giving it a shot telling you you must use this with your NGX, should say something about this amazing addon.I would go ahead and get it while I can....good luck with your decision , whatever you decide..

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Guy, if you get FS2Crew, just make sure you have installed SP1C first. It's available in the pinned thread on top on the PMDG NGX forum.A lot of you only have SP1B installed, which results in the FS2Crew not functioning properly (and endless support headaches for me :( )Cheers,
It would probably help avoid that problem if SP1C was announced on the home page of the PMDG site. It's still showing SP1B and going to the service updates page doesn't help either, that's still carrying 1B. Only those who follow the forum will be aware that 1C exists!Andy Lawton

I am stuck with button control because I have previously run System Mechanic. This does something to Windows 7 that prevents FS2CREW voice from working, although the rest of Windows speech recognition works. In addition, I had also used the Windows 7 SP1 cleanup tool. Because I have used the cleanup tool, I cannot remove SP1 and therefore cannot do an "upgrade" install of Windows 7. Only fix: Complete "fresh" install of Win 7 64.
ANY registry cleaner buggers the voice recognition software in Windows 7, (just found that out the hard way a few days ago) but I easily fixed mine without any reinstallations. I hate you had to take such drastic steps.

Chris Hicks

A big YES for FS2Crew! I have every version that Bryan has released and this is a "must have" for the NGX.I love FS2Crew so much I had Bryan make me a version for my pickup truck.**in my dreams

Could someone show their experience on youtube. As a bit of a part timer I learn fast watching tutorials than reading the manuals over and over.FS2Crew will create one at some point, I'm just a little impatient I guess LOL

So I saw in a different post that it's recommended to start up in 2D cockpit. Is this still the case or can the default be the 3D VC? I have SP1c installed. I'm thinking about getting this but still undecided.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So I saw in a different post that it's recommended to start up in 2D cockpit. Is this still the case or can the default be the 3D VC? I have SP1c installed. I'm thinking about getting this but still undecided.
It's recommended you start in the 2D to be safe to ensure everything initializes properly. However, you could probably get away with starting in the VC, but if you have issues just start in the 2D.If you want to use the VC, no problems there, just switch to the VC after the 2D cockpit loads. Takes only a second.Cheers,