Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

I PAID OVER $40 FOR THIS!?!?!?!

Hey Howard. Just go to the exe.xml in \Users\(your username here)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and change the EZCA entries from True to "False" and EzDok won't load. that way you can keep Ezca on your system until you're sure you're happy.

Regards,

Thanks Rick, appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!

Why do you talk about $40 ? At flight1 I see they want $45. Can it be purchased for less than that ?

Ok bought it, just did a flight from EGGD, i live 4 miles away and WX was spot on. Flew for 2 hours and only one thing to say .. AWWWWWSOME .. If you put £1 or what ever your currancy is in a pot every time you use the weather alone it will soon pay for its self because its worth it. Ive been a REX user for years (used REX textures) and Opus's weather generator is in a league of its own.

Flight ive just done was one of the best ive had and all because of what Opus gave me in weather. We all spend alot on scenery and aircraft but the one major aspect we neglect is the weather in which we fly. Ok its not 100% as some would like in functions, winds aloft or what ever a-n-other program offers and the developers are working on new functions. So my verdict ... Yes its worth the money just for the weather engine alone, after sim start less than 10 seconds i had the weather at my local airport 4 miles away.

Not plugging OpusFSX for the developers but fellow simmers who are 'on the fence' over this one, i wasnt disapointe. Next for me .... Linking up a pc for external views.

Rich

. . . It gives real world detailed and varied weather horizon to horizon.

Stephen

Maybe I don't understand AS2012, but I thought that was what it did as well. Could you explain a bit more about the difference between AS2012 and Opus? There are a couple things about AS2012 that I don't like, but in general it's been good. If Opus is a clear step up then I may want to check it out. But, I would like to understand more about it in comparison. Thanks!

I'm convinced on getting OPUS. Don't have REX or AS2012. Was going to try HDEV2 for the textures, however the sky textures cause FSX to lockup and quit.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this?

JB

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Have you tried FEX? Or flight environment ? The developers name that as a good one for textures, and just so it's not them saying it, I have seen some pretty nice videos on YouTube using FEX.

Hi, jmbiii....... to use HDE v2 sky's textures - you must download both sets of files for HDE. One contains the cloud types (Cirrus, Cumulus, etc.). Part of that package is where your problem is. The Sky Textures in that set of files are 24 bit - they will crash FSX - I think it says so in the documentation that comes with the download. (My guess is that originally this was for FS2004).

You must download and copy the CONVERTED sky textures (separate download.) I think it's called hdeskytexturesfsx or something like that. Anyway - these sky textures are 32 bit - and they work perfectly with FSX. (And they are beautiful!!)

Place all 140 sky textures in this package into the texture folder (in FSX's Root folder), taking the spot previously held by the FSX default sky textures. That's it! Enjoy!

For my money, they are the best cloud and sky textures - and I have used all the other programs. I still use Active Sky's ground textures - runways, taxiways, water, etc. There is no FPS penalty with these cloud textures - at least none I can see.

Some folks are also having good luck with FEX's clouds........ I would try them, but HDE is free. Works for me!

Good luck!

All best, Ray L (Blackbird)

Free is after all the best price.

I also can say that the pictures I have seen of that addon is also very nice.

Blackbird

I just looked in the library and there are only two HDE files listed, version 1.0 and 2.0. Where would one find the converted file you refer to?

Thanks

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Here you go, forgot to post last night,

WilliamJSS is the profile name

Theme name is "Coastal"

Hope you enjoy!

Much appreciated William.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Vincent,

It can be networked, everything is controlled from the server.

Cheryl

Um, I read the documentation and it said you can't choose client for wx depiction because its not implemented yet.

Has this changed?

Btw, the HDEv2 textures also get my vote for best sky/cloud textures, and I own both REX and AS2012.

For free textures they are amazing.

I've been trying out the OPUS demo on and off this past weekend, and I have run into two situations where FSX runs out of memory and I have to quit.

Yesterday, I flew a saved flight which was an approach to KBOS, which lasted about 20 minutes. Right about 1000 feet and a mile out from the runway threshold, I hear some ominous beeps in the background, spaced out over a few seconds. I remember getting this aural warning years ago with an older system when I was about to run out of memory, but I thought no way, it's been years since I had this and I was on a 32 bit OS with 2 gigs RAM, not the 64bit Win7 and 6 gigs RAM I7 system I have now. Back then, if I switched out of FSX to go to the desktop, I would find a dialog box asking me to shutdown FSX becuase I ran out of memory, so I instead tried to ignore the beeps, and lucky for me, I was able to arrive at the gates and properly shutdown. I exited FSX as normal, and apparently there was no warning box to speak off. Phew!

Today, however, I flew a short circuit around KPHL, with OPUS providing the weather with the approach of Hurricane Sandy as I was testing to see how the overcast conditions would be depicted. Skies were as overcast from horizon to horizon, just as advertised, but there may be a price for that cloud coverage: the background beeps returned in full force during finals, and no sooner than after I retract the speedbrakes after a successful landing, the dreaded dialog box from hell pops up in a rather rude fashion:

I am going to attribute this OOM to the density of cloud coverage, but I was curious if anyone else has run into this situation. My fsx.cfg has cloud coverage density at 8, which I believe is the default value, and REX clouds are at only 512x512 pixels. I only fly the PMDG NGX. And sliders are at medium high, and the fsx.cfg has been tuned by Bojote's cfg tool website. I fear that this new found realistic overcast cloud coverage can wreak havoc with systems as the clouds eat up tons of memory, even though I feel I have a nicely optimized system, one that I have not had to tweak or fix any issue whatsoever for about 2 years, so it saddens me to see these OOM CTDs appear.

WOW!! I just figured out how to use the cameras in Opus and it is soooooo much better than EZCA. My EZdok Camera will be packed up and put in storage. This is just way better.

The funny thing is that I never really minded the interface on EZCA that much, it seemed easy enough to use, but using Opus is like going from an functional economy car to a luxury Cadillac. It is outstanding!

I've been trying out the OPUS demo on and off this past weekend, and I have run into two situations where FSX runs out of memory and I have to quit.

Yesterday, I flew a saved flight which was an approach to KBOS, which lasted about 20 minutes. Right about 1000 feet and a mile out from the runway threshold, I hear some ominous beeps in the background, spaced out over a few seconds. I remember getting this aural warning years ago with an older system when I was about to run out of memory, but I thought no way, it's been years since I had this and I was on a 32 bit OS with 2 gigs RAM, not the 64bit Win7 and 6 gigs RAM I7 system I have now. Back then, if I switched out of FSX to go to the desktop, I would find a dialog box asking me to shutdown FSX becuase I ran out of memory, so I instead tried to ignore the beeps, and lucky for me, I was able to arrive at the gates and properly shutdown. I exited FSX as normal, and apparently there was no warning box to speak off. Phew!

Today, however, I flew a short circuit around KPHL, with OPUS providing the weather with the approach of Hurricane Sandy as I was testing to see how the overcast conditions would be depicted. Skies were as overcast from horizon to horizon, just as advertised, but there may be a price for that cloud coverage: the background beeps returned in full force during finals, and no sooner than after I retract the speedbrakes after a successful landing, the dreaded dialog box from hell pops up in a rather rude fashion:

I am going to attribute this OOM to the density of cloud coverage, but I was curious if anyone else has run into this situation. My fsx.cfg has cloud coverage density at 8, which I believe is the default value, and REX clouds are at only 512x512 pixels. I only fly the PMDG NGX. And sliders are at medium high, and the fsx.cfg has been tuned by Bojote's cfg tool website. I fear that this new found realistic overcast cloud coverage can wreak havoc with systems as the clouds eat up tons of memory, even though I feel I have a nicely optimized system, one that I have not had to tweak or fix any issue whatsoever for about 2 years, so it saddens me to see these OOM CTDs appear.

I am using FEX water and clouds with HDEV2 Sky, cloud coverage set to 9 in the FSX.cfg. Using the NGX mostly, no OOM's at all. Could it just be the REX textures ? One of the reasons I decided to abandon REX, as it was too over the top. Excuse the pun.

Have you tried a completely different cloud set ? I am using Kostas tweaks, so that could be the big difference

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.