Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

22DEC12 - Development Cycle Updates!

Thanks for the update, looking forward to getting my hands on the BBJ (hopefully) some time next year.

Wishing all at PMDG a happy Christmas .......

Cheers

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Chris / AJ-

You can can drop by the office with cash and provide it to the young woman in the photo... But be warned: She is not a secretary... She's a patent lawyer.... You confuse the two at your own peril...

Rob,

ladies in Paris were less dangerous.

all the best.

Phil

Phil-

ooooh... I don't know about that, Phil. I had that one nearly break me pretty badly all those years ago. B)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

If you have a fondness for the 744- this simulation is going to knock your sox off!

I know, I am going to get socked in the face for saying this..But I am going to say it anyway.

The only reason I am anticipating the release of 777 is, so the release date for the 747 gets closer (Yeah, I'll get the 777 like I have all the PMDG aircrafts). But I love the PMDG 747. It looks majestic, and it flies like a doll and the best feeling of trying to hand fly and land this big queen. If you watch the many you tube videos of the 747 landing in Kai Tak, the way it slowly ambles around like a flying elephant so close to the ground and then just sits nicely... we can make the PMDG 747 actually do exactly that in FSX. Yeah... the VC is dated an all, so looking forward to getting an awesome VC. Although I am sure the 777 would be a technical marvel, I am thinking it can't beat the 747 for hand flying it in FSX and in the looks department.. ...I think. :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Great update...like others the 747v2 is what I'm looking forward to, and some fixes and updates to the ngx!

Not too late Robert to switch to releasing the "easier" 747 first!

Just as a rough idea what kind of time frame do you estimate the 747 after the 777?

Gents-

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the 777 because it has so many fun technology innovations that are not present on the 744. (They are present in the 748, however!)

The 777 will blow your socks off for her own reasons. The amount of thrust at your control is nothing short of astounding. When my line was bringing the 777 into service (as the first-to-fly the newly minted airplane) I recall being completely dumbstruck by the sheer size of the thing.

Where the 747 sits fairly low to the ground, the 777 has a very tall stance required to keep future engine growth concepts high enough above the ground to work effectively. At the time we put the bird in service, the 77,000lb thrust engine was about the biggest thing anyone had ever dared to hang on an airliner- but was quickly dwarfed by other much more powerful engine options that produce a staggering amount of thrust by comparison...

When you spool these things up and release the brakes- the airplane really responds to the excessive amount of power... And the auto-rudder helps you out of a jam if one of them quits before you are safely flying.

The data driven system on the airplane are incredibly smart (As I mentioned in my earlier post) and I think you guys will really enjoy digging around in them to see what information they provide to you in the pilot seat.

So yeah- I too am looking forward to updating the 744 to our modern code base and visual capabilities- but I am going to really REALLY enjoy the 777 before then. It is an airplane that has to be flown to be believed!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Now you're just ruubing it in!

Seriously would like to experience what you're enjoying.

In the meantime Merry Christmas!!!!!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I love them both. Going to have a lot if fun in the near future.

Now Robert is rubbing it in. Like we weren't interested before lol

Richie Walsh

How are we going to calculate Flex & Derate for the T777? TOPCAT doesn't seem to interested in updated there software for new airplanes?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yeah ive been wondering the same thing maybe there are some update on that program lurking around.

Who knows.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Thank's for the update Robert ,it looks like the plastic is going to be busy in 2013..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

but I am going to really REALLY enjoy the 777

I feel like you've come on to the forums to torture me constantly, I can't take it :ph34r:

You know you want to give us 777 fans a little Christmas present? Right? :lol: My father always says to me "Luke, if you don't ask, you don't get!". Not sure how this one is going to turn out :unsure: