Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

If It Isn't an Airliner - Why No Full Tutorial?

And I am not known for my...  diplomacy.

Then you shouldn't be talking to customers.

The An-2 is quite easy to fly. It is systems deep that simulates starting and operating a big radial engine quite nicely.  Like any real plane, you can't just firewall it and fly around not paying attention to your temp gauges.  Just adhere to engine limitations, open oil shutter and cowl flaps, and you will be fine.  There are two well written guides for it, the checklist/panel info...etc guide and a flying guide, detailing how to fly it.  Plus there is a forum on the developer's website if you need further help on how to fly the An-2

Checklist/panel guide (included with download)

http://www.sibwings.com/an2/manual.pdf

Flying Guide

http://www.sibwings.com/an2/AN-2%20Flying%20Guide%20V1.1.pdf

Cheers

TJ

Thanks. I'm getting the hang of the AN-2 and really liking it.

TJ, thanks much for the links to the An-2 docs.  I've been at least a little bit cautious about buying not knowing the level of documentation, and given that I know it's a unique plane to fly.  That concern just disappeared.

A flying guide AND good panel diagrams?  This appears to be excellent documentation.  Frankly, Sibwings is to be commended for this level of info at any price, let alone THIS price.  As for Milviz, I've purchased two of their planes (B55 and C310) and have been well satisfied with the docs provided at the price (and considering the market size for what they produce).

I do appreciate good tutorials, especially for more complex airplanes that stretch my experience level, but I think the OP needs to appreciate both market size and price before being too critical.  You have to recognize a difference between what you'd LIKE, and what's a reasonable expectation, and recognize the difference between these kinds of specialty aircraft and the broader market of a 737.

I'll leave the touchy, feely stuff for others to comment on.  What I care about is real value for the money I've spent.  Don't have any Sibwings products yet (but I think I will soon), but Milviz have met value expectations to date.  Yes, I can (and have) nitpick the details, but so far they've "done right" in the broader sense every time for me.

Scott

I enjoyed this thread thanks to Milviz/Colin, probably because I work in retail management and can totally get where he was coming from. Luckily the company i work for gives me a small amount of room to favor ethics and showing certain customers the door over favoring the almighty dollar.

Bring on the Bell 407!

Sometimes that is what you have to do.  This post must have hit a nerve or something.  I've reread it a few times and it looks like typical Avsim fare...good things...bad things.  (By comparison, Carenado has taken a real beating lately.)  We all post because we need something and he expressed that...I think it was a wish or a grumble or both.  Anywho, I hope we can all get back to flying and remember we're all on the same side. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Sometimes that is what you have to do.  This post must have hit a nerve or something.  I've reread it a few times and it looks like typical Avsim fare...good things...bad things.  (By comparison, Carenado has taken a real beating lately.)  We all post because we need something and he expressed that...I think it was a wish or a grumble or both.  Anywho, I hope we can all get back to flying and remember we're all on the same side. 

I think the Milviz F-15 is a fantastic addon. I'll figure it out. I've become proficient with several complicated aircraft and the F-15 will be no exception. Who knows...maybe all this flight simming will help somehow when I'm old enough to start flight school.

I think the Milviz F-15 is a fantastic addon. I'll figure it out. I've become proficient with several complicated aircraft and the F-15 will be no exception. Who knows...maybe all this flight simming will help somehow when I'm old enough to start flight school.

Get good at it and make a tutorial flight!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Get good at it and make a tutorial flight!

I don't know about that, but who knows. This community has been very valuable to me, thats for sure.

Send me your purchase info and I will reimburse you for the MV F-15E.  That you cannot read the manual (like everyone else, including the real world pilots, does) tells me that you do not deserve to own our product...

I don't own any Milviz products But have been waiting for the 737 to come out. After reading This Reply from Milviz I don't think they Deserve My Money . God Forbid if you have a Problem With one of their Products would I get the same sort of Treatment???

The Guy was not even Trashing Milviz.  At Least I have found out what sort off Developer They are. They Will Never get my Hard earned Cash.

Jason Richards

Milviz builds excellent simulations.  Just because they get a little grouchy, I'm not going to hold that against them.  They are true artists, maybe a little eccentric, but hey, that's ok.  Just makes things interesting.

The 737-200 is about to be released very soon, from my info.  I'll bet all of these that say they won't buy it, will be clamoring for it here in the next week or so.  I know I will be enjoying it very much.

pop psychological and philosophical pronouncements interspersed with self aggrandizing proclamations to support a pathological convention

Try saying that out loud after eating a lemon!

I had no idea the letter "P" could be used so often in one sentence. :im Not Worthy:

It's wonderful to see that there are plenty of people here willing to rush to the defence of their favourite developers and boost their egos to ensure that no improvement to their public relations skills will be made. I hope you realize that it's you who cause the most harm in the long run.

If Milviz learned to think twice before clicking the "Post" button a lot of people would like them better and buy more of their stuff, but as long as there are a bunch of yes-men who keeps telling them everything's fine that will never happen. It's more fun to listen to praise than critique after all.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

The Guy was not even Trashing Milviz.  At Least I have found out what sort off Developer They are. They Will Never get my Hard earned Cash.

They already apologized, what more can you expect? Anyone can have a bad day sometimes and quickly reply a bit rude way without thinking long enough, it's understandable and not end of the world. 

I Don't Know If I Personally Would Bother To Even Look At A Support Request Written By You If You Write Them Like This, So Annoying To Read. 

Milviz is definitely going to get my money also in the future.

I'll stick with people who call a spade a spade:

- Full documentation included? Yes or No?

- Another tutorial on its way? Yes or No?

- Bug will be fixed? Yes or No?

Public relations cannot answer my questions properly ...