Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Flightbeam announces Denver (KDEN)

When I did my instrument rating I did an evening flight into KDEN (needed to be set up with Denver TRACON first, they have to accommodate C172's a little differently than the usual traffic :) ). The "light show" from the approach and runway lights was something to be believed.... I also have visited Denver TRACON several times as a part of the extended IFR training (it's always good to see what the voices on the other end of the radio are doing :) ).

KDEN is an awesome airport. I was living here in Boulder (Denver area) when it was commissioned. The 6 runways (and the reciprocals) are all non-intersecting and have the spacing between parallel runways for simultaneous takeoffs and landings. All runways are configured as converging for approaches and diverging for departures, and all 6 can be used simultaneously with minimal interaction to interfere with aircraft movements. To accommodate this required an enormous area of land-- the land area of KDEN is larger than KDFW and KORD combined. No wonder it is somewhere near the 12th busiest (air traffic) in the world and a major hub for 3 airlines. A perfect hub for California and other west coast states/ cities...

I will obviously be buying this...... :)

Thanks, Bruce.

KDEN is an awesome airport. I was living here in Boulder (Denver area) when it was commissioned.

Yep, me too. As mentioned earlier, I have my biases... DIA is the only major airport I've flown in to as PIC, and that at the very first opportunity. In the fall of '94, the new Denver International (not yet KDEN, as that was still the old Stapleton International) did a fly-in for GA pilots. Part publicity event for a local pilot community that still had its doubts at the time, and part practice for ATC before the big opening, the fly-in offered the local GA community the chance to sample the new airport and tour the facilities, wandering the concourses and riding the automated shuttle at will, before the crowds and the commercial carriers came. It was simply an awesome opportunity and not to be missed if you were a local pilot.

Got to taxi right up to a gate on the A concourse in my PA28RT-201T (after a LOOONG taxi behind a guy in a Pitts doing S-turns the whole way), enter and wander to our heart's content. A day to remember.

Scott

I would have much rather had KMSP.  It seemed like a lot of people wanted that one too!

Mitchell Haughee

KDEN, by a high quality developer..... BOOM..... Looking forward to this release, or any release from FlightBeam that is...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

KMSP would never cross my mind.

What's so appealing about it?

Another home towner here and couldn't be happier. "This makes how many KDEN add ons now"? Two by my count if you included Imaginesim's very poor rendition. Sorely needed for a very long time in my opinion.

- Aaron

SLC and KDEN both have mountains close by. I fly out of these two airports almost every week. I have to fly from DFW to Boise.. and there is no direct flight.. AA does not fly to Boise..So I have to take either United (Via KDEN) or Delta (via SLC) or US Air (Via PHX) to Boise.

But there is already an Imagine Sim one for KDEN..but they are such low quality, a good one is needed. I am ok with either KDEN or KSLC.

I'd like some smaller airports like Boise and Houston and Tucson...the way FlightZone used to do...along with small GA airports from close by.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have to admit I'm disappointed that it didn't end up being an Asian airport (RJAA seemed to be a strong contender, and VHHH would have been nice although the Imaginesim version is decent). I can understand why some simmers feel like US airports have been neglected compared to European ones, but the number of Asian addon airports (to say nothing of African ones) has been truly pitiful.

Put it this way: of the 2012 airports with the most passenger traffic, in the top 20 there are 8 in Asia (9 if we count Istanbul). Of these, only 1 has been done as high-quality payware (Dubai), with Imaginesim doing two more (Hong Kong and Singapore) and a new decent rendition of Bangkok bringing up the rear. Of the non-Asian airports in the top 20, ALL have been modeled as payware, most in high quality. 

Oh well--maybe next time.

James

I have to admit I'm disappointed that it didn't end up being an Asian airport (RJAA seemed to be a strong contender, and VHHH would have been nice although the Imaginesim version is decent). I can understand why some simmers feel like US airports have been neglected compared to European ones, but the number of Asian addon airports (to say nothing of African ones) has been truly pitiful.

Put it this way: of the 2012 airports with the most passenger traffic, in the top 20 there are 8 in Asia (9 if we count Istanbul). Of these, only 1 has been done as high-quality payware (Dubai), with Imaginesim doing two more (Hong Kong and Singapore) and a new decent rendition of Bangkok bringing up the rear. Of the non-Asian airports in the top 20, ALL have been modeled as payware, most in high quality. 

Oh well--maybe next time.

James

It's simply because Asia is ugly and has terrible landclass in FSX. People don't want to fly there for the most part because it just looks bad. That and the fact that it's far from everything with payware being scarse.

I think the majority prefer short hops (1-3 hours) and Europe and the US provide detailed, more visually appealing short hops from detailed airport to detailed airport.

FTX Global may change that though. Their Southern Asia shots they've been posting look great and they are correcting a lot of landclass and texture errors in the initial release for Asia.

Looking at what has been done in Asia though, I wonder why no one has tackled Beijing Capital in all these years? I've been in and out of their twice and it's mind blowing how massive it is. Of course the pollution is so bad that visibility was over a mile only one time I was there (after it rained).

My FPS jumped up when I switched from ImagineSim KIAD to the new FlightBeam version.  I plan to do the same with KDEN.

I do hope developers with the quality of FlightBeam, FSDT, or FlyTampa take on KEWR some day.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

One advantage of NO new MS FSx is I keep accumulating addons.. Ha Ha! I remember I spent so much money in buying add on sceneries for FS9 and then when FSX came by I had to recollect everything, begging for the same airports that we had in FS9.

Now, I feel we have a good collection of Airports from everyone..Particularly for the US and Europe...now I am focusing on other parts like Asia. I am waiting for the FSX version of Mumbai. The FS8 version is very good from Thai creations. I love their PARO Bhutan and Kathmandu. Flying the Airbus 320 (Aersoft) to Paro is absolute delight.

But of course we could never have enough. So Perish that thought! :lol:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Slowing sweeping up ImagineSim's territory (and so far, with improvement).

Now only if Mir would redo their KATL.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric