Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

beta notes: You don't have time to fly longhaul? think again!

Awsome feature! This is why you guys are top shelf in the sim world! These are the little details that make the wait well worth it! Do it right or don't do it at all!

Well done guys!

Guys,

One of the features that really impresses me with this aircraft is a feature in FSX that I have never seen before. It means you can SAFELY do a longhaul in a little over an hour! seriously!

Yes, we have all used time acceleration, only to regret it as the whole sim goes pear shaped! The 777 has an intelligent, auto acceleration feature built in, should you wish to speed up your flight!

Right clicking the CHR button on the clock by default engages a new automatic time compression mode that PMDG have developed. This mode intelligently accelerates time along the straight line segments of the route up to a maximum level that can be set in the SIMULATION options menu in the FMC. The feature will slow time down at turns, step climbs, level offs etc and is also capable of detecting wind, pressure, or temperature shifts that could upset the aircraft while it's flying accelerated. If these happen, it slows to 1x, recovers and then accelerates again. This mode works extremely well in our testing so far and allows you to complete the longest 200LR flights that exist like KATL-FAOR in just an hour or two. You can turn the mode off by left clicking the CHR button.

Yes really, I am not kidding!

JaneRachel Whittaker

herman-cain-smile.gif

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Doesn't FSC support time acceleration in FSX?

It does, but you can't do long haul in an hour with simple time acceleration.

Sent from my U8815

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Delighted it means i don't need to do that manually like on the NGX i get about 1 hour to 1.5 hours when i get a blast at FSX :D

Thank You very much.

Scott Griffiths

Excuse me guys, i havent fully understood the mechanism of this feature?

Does, after i right click on the chrono, the acceleration start automatically or do i have to manually accelerate time via FSX top menu?

And is it possible to alter the max amount of acceleration? Some weather engines do not like time acceleration :)

thanks for clarifying! what a tremendous idea that is!

Dominik

It does, but you can't do long haul in an hour with simple time acceleration.

Sent from my U8815

Just checked the acceleration with FSC myself. I see your point but it still looks promising to me to combine FSC with this feature.

A question to long haul flyers: What do you do when you take off and have 12 hours left in your flight?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

A question to long haul flyers: What do you do when you take off and have 12 hours left in your flight?

Other activities or sleep depending on the time of day.

Excuse me guys, i havent fully understood the mechanism of this feature?

Does, after i right click on the chrono, the acceleration start automatically or do i have to manually accelerate time via FSX top menu?

And is it possible to alter the max amount of acceleration? Some weather engines do not like time acceleration :)

thanks for clarifying! what a tremendous idea that is!

Dominik

its all automatic Dominik, when you press the chrono. You never have to touch an FSX menu. There is no need to as the actual acceleration rate is not fixed and changes quite a lot during the flight to keep everything on an even keel!

- Jane Whittaker

Cool idea which definitely makes the T7 more accessible to those who work/have families etc.

Luckily not all VAs forbid time acceleration!  :wink:

Several things...go to the gym, go out to eat lunch or dinner depending on time of day, even went clubbin a couple times and fortunately was still sober enough upon return to make a good landing!

Chris Sunseri