Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Wondering how many fly their 777 in real time

And for the others who go long haul, how do you keep your "pilot response" message from coming on? It lights up about every hour until I clear the FMC.

Or you can just turn off the "Require Pilot Interaction" in the Ops Center for the T7.  It's an option.

I rarely use time acceleration. Now I don't have the 777 yet but will be getting it in about two weeks time. I have flown plenty of long hauls though. Most long hauls for me have to be red-eyes though if I don't want to use acceleration which for a long haul I never have used. To only time I use acceleration is when I am in a middle of a flight and need to go somewhere when I was not planning on going anywhere. I usually only plan to fly flights I know will fit the schedule for that day.

The overnight ones work best especially when flying ultra long hauls. 12+ hour flights are hard to fit in without the overnight sleep aspect. I have no problem doing MIA-MAD where I take off at 5pm local time and land at 1:30am local time.

With the 777 I am certainly planning on doing long hauls, but I also don't mind some shorter flights that need the extra seats like MIA-LAX MIA-JFK, NRT-HKG.

For a 12+ over night I will sleep for 7-8 hours and usually plan to be "in the cockpit" for the first 2 hours and last 2 hours. For flights that I plan on being awake the whole flight anything over 3 hours is too much to sit there the whole time. I will do whatever needs to be done, watch tv, go outside, get lunch or dinner, take a swim. Whatever.. Hopefully everything goes alright!

So who is doing the tally poll on this and what is the result. It looks more on the real time flying here.

Kin M.

(Klax)

Real time all the time. I never did a non real time flight in 30 years.

Log haul pilots are allowed to sleep also.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Always real time. Cruise means copilot. Thats what I pay him for. haha. I just check in on him from time to time. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

No time compression; never occurred to me. Of course, with Captain Sim, you don't have a choice. Once I'm safely in cruise, I like to look at the airplane, look over approach and make sure I understand everything, snap a screenshot or two. On transatlantic flights there are various tasks like double-checking your position with VOR bearings before heading across the trackless ocean. I have never done a transpacific flight yet. I surf the web, do some photoshopping or otherwise goof off. I go exploring if the aircraft has a cabin. Eventually I get bored with the whole thing and wonder why I've committed to many hours of my life when the most interesting parts are taking off and approaching!

Never used time compression either but then again I don't do many long flights, but if I do fly a long trip and plan on doing other things or sleep then its flown offline to avoid the pesky VATSIM sup's or ATC (which is why my vataware logbook isn't an actual reflection of my real hours).

Personally, i never use time compression. If i fly long haul, i have planned it i.e off work, no tasks from the wife ... , I do, however have regular breaks on long hauls, where i take laptop downstairs, for a hour at a time and monitor IVAO etc. I am at the flight deck for at least 80-85% of the flight however.

I use little triangles on my flight plan which i fill in when i have crosschecked with fuel remaining and burnt, i plan these with my breaks.

Adam

i have a job, a wife and a 4 year old. and most importantly - i have automatic time crompression on the 777!

because the one thing i don't have is..... time. :(

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Depends really. TC for long eg VABB to KIAD, no TC for short. To be honest though, I don't link to spend too long just sat in front of a monitor. I do not want to get Flight Sim belly and need to exercise :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Time compression? No way....

Yesterday I finished flight BAW15 LHR-SIN after nearly 12 hours flighttime.

Now on my way as AAL101 LHR-JFK. :p0504:

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

I used to use time compression, but when I started VA flying that stopped and I now far prefer flying in real time. I feel more immersed in the flight and so I enjoy the flight more. Yes it takes longer to complete, but you don't have to sit in front of the PC the whole time. With a bit of careful planning real life and virtual flying can happen in parallel. The 777 makes this rather more of a challenge, but as I don't fly it exclusively that isn't a problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think it's great that you guys enjoy for flying real time.

For me however, I use time compression whenever I can. Why? With my time being quite limited these days, I feel the compression function allows me to enjoy the T7 while seeing new parts of the FSX world I've never considered. It's quite refreshing to start flying international routes in FSX without worrying which of my few days off I have to give up for it. I'm considering WSSS to KEWR as well as VHHX to KEWR. Neither would have (or is) a consideration without the T7.

I'm glad we all get to enjoy the plane in our own ways. For me, time compression (built in) has to be one of the most useful and innovative things I've experienced in an addon aircraft.

I totally agree ! A revolution for me, it allow to open the whole FS world to me.

Yep, always real-time nowdays... mostly shorter routes on VATSIM.. I'm up there right now as BAW545M, British Airways service between EGKK <--> LOWW. Will be flying to DXB from London on the weekend for the first time..