Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanbatcund

Flightbeam's Next Airport

If you guys want MSP or FRA you're gonna want to vote over at the flightbeam forum.

Must be a real customer (own at least one FB scenery to vote)

I'm voting MSP as Aerosoft is already doing /did EDDF.

If it is FRA, a no go for me. Already have the Aerosoft one. MSP for sure needs to get done. One user over posted they are trying to rally people in some German forums to register and vote for it. Thinking them doing this will kill MSP chances. Shame.

My vote went to EDDF.  I have never flown into MSP.  I will buy MSP when it comes out just to support Flightbeam and make a few flights into this airport but EDDF is the one for me.  Aerosoft version is just a hog on FPS

Aerosoft are doing a new FRA, would be pointless to have 2 new versions when there are so many sceneries that still need to be done. SEA, PDX, MSP, SNA, PSP, OAK, LGB, BUR, VNY, SLC there are so many much needed airports. I'd like a lot of exotic airports too. TPE and Hanoi needs an FSX version. So many!

I'd prefer an airport at least somewhere near where I have some decent scenery around it.  KDEN was in the middle of a black hole...maybe it'll get better once Vector 1.2 and the US landclass comes out.  I'm not sure what the Global looks like up around MSP.

East Coast is not too bad in FTX Global.  Also, there are tons of airports in and around PNW and NCA.  Orbx has only done a couple of airports with runways over 6000 feet so it's wide open. 

Gregg

Boise airport (KBOI) and/or Salt Lake City (KSLC)...I would even be happy with Spokane (KGEG), KPDX and or KSEA

Troy

KDEN in a black hole? If a black hole has the Rocky Mountains then I guess it isn't quite as desolate as I thought.

Salt Lake City (KSLC

Pac Island Sim has KSLC on their list Troy.  Between the two I would choose KMSP, but I also think KMEM or KSDF would be pretty sweet

KDEN in a black hole? If a black hole has the Rocky Mountains then I guess it isn't quite as desolate as I thought.

They don't look like the Rockies at all.  I flew into Telluride and Aspen today just to see if I could find a way to buy it...then flew across to Denver.  Shudders.   My thought process is that they might do better with EDDF since Orbx Europe andclass is coming out soon.  I have no idea how to fly in Europe other than to ignore ATC.  But I'm not going to vote.

Aerosoft are doing a new FRA

This was my understanding too. I think it was hinted about when they released the updated bgl for the new north runway - that this was only an interim fix and that a major update was in the works. So, is this just rumor or has Aerosoft made their plans public?

I really don't know why developers keep duplicating airports when there are so many out there that no one has modelled. KSEA is a prime example of a major airport for which an FSX version is lacking but there are many more as indicated in the various preceeding comments. I can understand that KMSP could possibly sell quite well as a high quality version, but it is not an airport that I visit very often and for this reason I am content to keep the BP version, which is perhaps one of their better products and a good replacement for the default. Likewise the latest Aerosoft FRA does the job very well for me and, like most Aerosoft airports, is of very high quality.

The bottom line is that one could spend a fortune on scenery as there are so many new addon airports appearing for FSX almost every week now. I personally therefore am trying to bring some control to my expenditure bearing in mind that, over the years, I have purchased so many payware addon airports that I can barely find the time to visit any of them more than once or twice a year! For this reason I am much more likely to choose to spend my money on an airport not previously available for FSX rather than a replacement airport for payware which I already have, with the occasional exception for an airport which I use a lot (the recent Aerosoft Dublin being an example). I suspect a lot of simmers feel the same way but I guess the developers have a better knowledge of the overall market than I would have.

Bill

I'm really tired of these FS9 portovers from Aerosoft, instead of making native FSX airports. No wonder why performance lacks at great hubs.

Funnily enough nobody asked why Aerosoft developed airports like Dublin, Zürich and Heathrow i.e. a second time.

I'm glad if a premier developer like flightbeam will make EDDF and I will definitely buy this airport, no matter what Aerosoft does. Apart from that there is still no official statement from the GAP team (developer) regarding development status since years....

I'm really tired of these FS9 portovers from Aerosoft, instead of making native FSX airports. No wonder why performance lacks at great hubs.

Funnily enough nobody asked why Aerosoft developed airports like Dublin, Zürich and Heathrow i.e. a second time.

I'm glad if a premier developer like flightbeam will make EDDF and I will definitely buy this airport, no matter what Aerosoft does. Apart from that there is still no official statement from the GAP team (developer) regarding development status since years....

And EHAM, as the current one is a hog.

I suspect a lot of simmers feel the same way but I guess the developers have a better knowledge of the overall market than I would have.

I think it's a prestige thing.  And, perhaps, it's heavy metal pilots driving the market.  The vast number of 737-757 pilots fly to all kinds of airports.  As a mostly GA flyer (I do fly the NGX sometimes) but I'd like to have airports that I could fly both kinds of planes into), I tend to hang around a region...usually the coasts because that's where the best scenery is for me and look for some airports that have at least a semblance of mixed-use.  (I gave up on photoreal.) 

Gregg

I hope they make Frankfurt, never been big fan of most big Aerosoft airports due to performance issues (though some of the newer ones are adequate in that sector too). 

Aerosoft are doing a new FRA, would be pointless to have 2 new versions when there are so many sceneries that still need to be done. SEA, PDX, MSP, SNA, PSP, OAK, LGB, BUR, VNY, SLC there are so many much needed airports. I'd like a lot of exotic airports too. TPE and Hanoi needs an FSX version. So many!

Agreed, also SJC once the new west side construction is completed.

When a developer re-does an airport with new better scenery creating technology and better graphics that is different than 2 competing developers both doing the same airport when there are so many undone airports out there. We are spoiled with quality airport scenery and there are many big airports without any scenery at all and fsx is how old now?