Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Austin Meyer reveals new animation details in XP Video

Got this via email from Austin today.  Be sure to watch to the very end.   :LMAO:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice Helicopter!

I think its time for a serious update from Austin about whats going on with XP and about the actual status and mid-term plans. Long time we saw some update from him.

Really nice and funny video. Don't get me wrong but what about the core sim features?

Really nice and funny video. Don't get me wrong but what about the core sim features?

My thoughts too. What about seasons and ATC? Let the aftermarket people worry about little animations like this.

+1

I think Austin was only trying to make us smile.  i don't think the animated head-banging is actually a new feature.

We all want things to move faster in XPlane development, I for one am frothing for the distance view at altitude fix that Ben has shown beta photos of (labeled "10.4").  Nothing official.  Nothing definite.  It is when it it is... to paraphrase a common expression.

The waiting is tiresome, though.  That said, I love X-Plane 10.

Anyone know how Austin is making out with his patent troll battle? Not to digress, but I am guessing this has loaded him down somewhat, causing a delay in XP devel...

I'd really like to see some improvement on the AI trtaffic front. If not within the sim itself, than at least with a 3rd party program.

I think Austin was only trying to make us smile.  i don't think the animated head-banging is actually a new feature.

Yesss !!! Finaly !!! My prayer for headbanging was answered :lol:.

Dang I thought I troll was gonna attack the helicopter or something. But this is pretty funny. 

Initial hovering down to ground shot shows exactly what's making XP unusable for me around the PNW region.

All the shadows, reflections and detail distance flickers to a ridiculous degree and not even all AA settings maxed out seems to help it.  

Makes my eyes cry.  :-(

I guess we are all very different in what want and look for. What makes it unusable for you, I never even noticed. lol

Now that right there, is funny, I don't care who ya are. :P

Nice to see that Mr. Meyer hasn't lost his sense of humour. Despite all the BS that's been stuck to his plate lately.

regards, Jazz

I guess we are all very different in what want and look for. What makes it unusable for you, I never even noticed. lol

Maybe it's different in your Sim.

The shots in this video aren't (for the most part) showing the straight ahead out the window view.

That's where I am 99% of the time and when I'm flying over any water with reflections on it's just mind numbing to watch the jagged/flashing in the distance.  :-(

+1