Sign in to follow this  
alhefner

Thinking about getting the full FSUIPC but...

I have FS Commander so, I do have some FSUIPC installed so that can communicate and I've been considering getting the full paid version of FSUIPC for better control/calibration and use of my yoke and pedals.

If I do get the full version, will I have to go through an uninstall procedure of what FS Commander put in when I installed that?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FSC would have installed an earlier version of FSUIPC4.dll into your Modules folder.

You should download and install the latest FSUIPC4 replacing that earlier version. No need to uninstall anything.

Then you can buy the full licence and register it. Make sure you keep up-to-date with updates as the software doesn't check.

And Pete always let's us (the flight industry) know when there are updates for FSUIPC on both FS9 and FSX, etc. For the small one-off sum to purchase it, it is well worth it.

Sauviat

I thought of getting it for LINDA (great fun fo mapping some difficult things to the stick) but the price really stopped me. 29 is a little bit over the top. 20 bucks would be just fine.

It's the all-time best seller on SimMarket. can so many people be wrong? Swiss Army knife of Flight sim. :BigGrin:

29 is a little bit over the top

So rather than spend 29 dollars you would rather remap your controls when you change aircraft ?

It's the best 100 dollars you'll ever spend on your simulator. Even better, given the 100 will only cost you 30.

This is pretty much a no-brainer. As much as FSUPIC (and more importantly, Pete Dowson) has contributed to this community, think of it as a pledge, a donation, whatever, with bunches of functionality. No brainer!

I thought of getting it for LINDA (great fun fo mapping some difficult things to the stick) but the price really stopped me. 29 is a little bit over the top. 20 bucks would be just fine.

FSUIPC is the one piece of software that changed the way Flight Sims work. Without it (& Peter Dowson) much of what is taken for granted today simply wouldn't be possible. Unfortunately, far too many people seem to be unaware of this fact.

Buy the product & give Pete a small return for the incredible amount that he has done for us down the years. Consider it a gift, a donation, a "thank you for everything that you have single handedly done for Flight Simming", but just do it!!

One other thing. If you have a spare PC then consider buying WideFS too so you can move some FS software (like Active Sky Next) off your FSX PC.

This will take some strain off that machine. FSUIPC + WideFS is bundled for a decent discount.

+1 on WideFS.

WideFS also gives you the ability to create a 288 button controller using its buttonscreen function.

You just never get to the bottom of Peter Dowson's stuff!

Echo of what has already been said. The full FSUIPC is so robust that half of it I have not even used to its full potential. And yet it is still some of the best mobey I have spent on an FSX addon.

FSUIPC4 (registered) is the FSX user's "power tool"!

For, me it is essential to enable be to sit back, push switches on my Sairek dual throttle quads

and go from cold & dark to in the air, gear and flaps up, lights set, etc...additional 2D pop-ups

toggled. All without toiching the mouse or keyboard! All for the price of 3 movies or 6 to 8

Starbucks (gag) coffees!

Paul

if you think it's not worth the price then don't buy - the price isn't going to change to meet your budget.

I'm convinced... I'll be getting the full version of FSUIPC soon. It seems that setup might be a little 'involved' but it also sounds like it's very much worth the price and effort. Thanks folks!

Oh, yes and get WideFS as a bundle while you're at it.

Pete is very much a living person and will respond to your questions, but be sure to read through all his documentation first of all, because if the answer to your question is in there, he will tell you to go there - in his likable forthright habit!

Regards

Sauviat

Oh, yes and get WideFS as a bundle while you're at it.

Regards

Sauviat

I see that the wideFS 'server' is part of FSUIPC now. I don't have my computer networked to any other machine and don't plan on doing so. Since there is no networking going on, is there some functionality that the wideFS client would provide?

I would recommend getting WideFS as part of the bundle. 

If do you do find a need for WideFS then it will have been less expensive as part of the bundle.  No discount of offered to owners of FSUIPC if you decide to buy it later.

Ernie

Since there is no networking going on, is there some functionality that the wideFS client would provide?

None whatsoever. Save your money.

READ THE MANUAL!!!  ;-)

There is so much info there. Makes Fight Sim a whole new baby.

Well, I got it. Still just using the basic controller calibration and assignment functions for now until I get more used to it.

Great, enjoy. Read the manuals & play with it. They have a very good forum as well.

FSUIPC is the best addon for controlling FSX in my opinion.

One tip if you want one, is to name your controllers in FSUIPC, it's explained in the manual how to do it. Then whenever you unplug stuff the program remembers all your button allocations on your Yoke, Throttles and pedals etc.

Set up a profile for each aircraft in your hanger, then your free to set up buttons and throttle allocations to your hearts content. Globally over all aircraft or just for that profile.

It really is that flexible.

Yeah, when I get more used to actually flying, I'll set up profiles for different aircraft. Right now, I still have trouble remembering what global settings I have! It's like, "I know I set up a button for the lights! Where is it?" :lol: