Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ohsirus

The Dollar is close to matching the EURO!

It's killing me! Buying any FS add-ons is extortion at the minute  :P

JD

"Nobody has ever seen me and Batman in a room together at the same time, I'm just saying."

If the dollar continues to gain strength, it will be interesting to see if any of the distributors go back to using USD as the currency of choice. Remember when the Euro became much stronger, a number of distributors switched to the Euro. It will be nice to not have to pay through the nose for addons.

NAX669.png

Swings and roundabouts. Nine months ago I was buying software from US-sourced companies as the £/$ exchange rate was so good.

But now the Euro has weakened against the Pound so I'm switching to European sources. For many years the Euro was strong. Nothing lasts forever.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Any tips for me?

(A poor sod from EURO-land. :()

If you want to buy something big for your setup which comes from a US based manufacturer then buy NOW! I'm currently on the fence about buying a PFC yoke. I'm pretty sure prices will increase.

It's a shame how they are destroying the Euro...

Any tips for me?

(A poor sod from EURO-land. )

Exit the single currency? :P

(sorry - you can tell im from the UK!!!!)

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v4.4 | 8700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 | 16GB 2666MHz | EVO 850 SSD | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster T.16000M

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X | MaddogX | PMDG 747
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG NGX & 777 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Any tips for me?

(A poor sod from EURO-land. :()

Yes! Buy now,before it gets even worse!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 and P3D v5 hotfix 2  🙂

System specs: Windows 10  Pro 64-bit, i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-2070, 32GB RAM  1X 1TB M2 for X-Plane 11, 1x 500GB SSD for P3Dv5, 1x256GB SSD for OS.

Exit the single currency? :P

(sorry - you can tell im from the UK!!!!)

Yes! Buy now,before it gets even worse!

Instead, I buy from Australia.

The question is, what are those poor Australian sods supposed to do?!?   :wacko:

What happened to AVSIM

The question is, what are those poor Australian sods supposed to do?!?   :wacko:

Laugh at the state of English cricket. Won't make things cheaper but it will put a smile on their faces.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v4.5, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 4.6Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's a shame how they are destroying the Euro...

No... it's really not, the shame is that it ever got introduced in the first place.

Guest JustanotherPilot

We wait for the online stores to have specials...I considered buying the PMDG 737NGX for P3D..even on special it's going to cost me $A92.00. Getting a bit cost prohibitive in that range.

Steve

An unhappy Australian

I've been buying my downloadables from Australia for some time. I've gotten some really good deals. I'm going to start looking in Canada for hardware related stuff.

Happy days are here again.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now