Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Interesting weather toy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I like that.  Have it on a separate monitor,  a little extra immersion 

Great tool to find approaches with strong crosswinds.

Great link, thanks for sharing.  Nice look quick look at winds. It timed out on me though. Anyone see how to see winds at a different/specific altitude/

Nice find! I could watch it all day if i had the time. :lol:

Cool, but it will not change fast, so all day is like watching paint dry LOL!

Great link, thanks for sharing.  Nice look quick look at winds. It timed out on me though. Anyone see how to see winds at a different/specific altitude/

Lower right hand corner is a dropdown for various altitudes. Clicking on the various selections above that gives you different views, like pressure, clouds, snow..... etc.

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I'm on travel and my Internet connection is the worst so I can't keep a connection. I'll be sure to check it out when my connection is better!

Just in case anyone missed it, if you click on a particular location.... like a storm, for instance, you will get a pop up offering you detailed information for that location.

Drilling down even further (scroll with mouse and mouse wheel) you will see individual airports and can get even more information.

(Or even easier, just type an airport ICAO under search)

Have fun!  :smile:

Koppu and Champi are pounding the crap out of people down there, but from most western news media, you would never even hear about it unless you went looking. Reminds me (yet again) how insulated we can be from things important in the rest of the world.

And of course, I wouldn't have known to even look except for this tool showing those two improbable seeming side-by-side storms.

Nice find, I've been using this for a while - seems very similar to the one you linked and they both offer a wealth of information. I could just sit in front of my screen and watch it all day long, hypnotic stuff.

Guys, check the east coast of Mexico, click on winds. Over 200kph on surface, 300kph over 3000ft! The force is strong in this one! I hope the people are well prepared in Mexico.