Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I have not had performance issues with this plane since I deleted my shader folder

Which shader folder?

Which shader folder?

it's in user\appdata\local\microsoft\fsx

delete the folder and let FSX rebuild it.

• Upvote 1

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

The DA F100 virtual cockpit was coming. So was the Airsimmer full version. It's nice to know they're planned (I appreciate the info) but I make purchasing decisions based on what the product offers at the moment; that's not to say I question Fs Labs ability to deliver but I've been stung too much in the past.

Yeah I remember with the DA F100. Buy now and you will get a free upgrade to the VC when released! Never did release it and shut down shop.  Now they are back in business and about to release a CRJ900. They should be offering F100 customers a good will gesture but its unlikely!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

They should be offering F100 customers a good will gesture but its unlikely!

I'd certainly be happy with that; as a way of making things right with those customers (myself included).  Sorry - off topic from the A320.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

For me, who rarely keep a flightsim for much more than 6 months, most of the time a lot less, the same applying to add-ons, it would be the ideal deal :-)

They don't call you the "Uninstaller" for nothing JC LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'd certainly be happy with that; as a way of making things right with those customers (myself included).  Sorry - off topic from the A320.

In fairness it's no longer "they"; DA as it was no longer exists. Today, only 1 developer remains and he is the "systems guy." Modeling is now done via the Aerosoft team; they have no vested interest in DA's former products. To that point, it's not up to them to make things right, if you will.

Now, on to the A320. Is this the new standard? Has it surpassed the PMDG 777 and Maj Dash?

Matt King

In fairness it's no longer "they"; DA as it was no longer exists. Today, only 1 developer remains and he is the "systems guy." Modeling is now done via the Aerosoft team; they have no vested interest in DA's former products. To that point, it's not up to them to make things right, if you will.

Now, on to the A320. Is this the new standard? Has it surpassed the PMDG 777 and Maj Dash?

I do not have the FSL, but I have watched a lot of streams by the Airline2Sim and Belynz guys. It sure looks complete, with every button modelled, one of the developers interviewed by Matt on his Belynz channel showed that turning on or off the seatbelt sign shows in the system status page, a change in voltage.

Reports of good fps and the same memory usage as PMDG products gives me good hope for the future of the FSL team. Well done.

I plugged in a basic joystick I have had for a year but never used, went out and got the Aerosoft Airbus series since I do not know how to fly an Airbus and am enjoying myself learning how to operate the systems. Both products are complimentary for different simmers and price ranges. I do plan on buying the FSL Airbus later this year for P3D when it arrives.

Guest Mik75

System wise, it's easily on par with them, and speaking of an Airbus sim, we never had a one that even came close to what the FSL A320X has to offer. The FBW, one of the key features of the Airbus, is just fantastic, hand flying this bird is just as good as it is in the Q400 or the NGX, but there is this extra challenge with the FBW, its protections and laws, and they just nailed it!

Visually, it's as good as the other high end addons mentioned, the clarity of the displays, their colours and fonts are just as real as it gets. And the VC and outside model have some special features that add a lot to the whole appearance.

Sound wise, it's the best jet aircraft addon I've ever used, it's so complete and highly immersive, it doesn't get much better than this!

I do not have the FSL, but I have watched a lot of streams by the Airline2Sim and Belynz guys. It sure looks complete, with every button modelled, one of the developers interviewed by Matt on his Belynz channel showed that turning on or off the seatbelt sign shows in the system status page, a change in voltage.

Reports of good fps and the same memory usage as PMDG products gives me good hope for the future of the FSL team. Well done.

I plugged in a basic joystick I have had for a year but never used, went out and got the Aerosoft Airbus series since I do not know how to fly an Airbus and am enjoying myself learning how to operate the systems. Both products are complimentary for different simmers and price ranges. I do plan on buying the FSL Airbus later this year for P

3D when it arrives.

I don't use either, but reading through the forums at AVSIM just noticed a patch for the AS Airbus series - check here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493425-airbus-fbw-fix/page-2?hl=%2Bfbw+%2Bfix#entry3471015

Looking at the available videos I have the impression that, at least ground handling during taxi, but also on the takeoff run, looks a bit twitchy ... Either all of the youtubers are too nervous with their rudders, or there's some fine tuning required...

Response to controls during finall approach suffers, IMO, from the very same limitations of the AS series - too responsive with instant bank when stick applied, and no sense of inertia. 

My experience in the full flightsim ride and many jumpseat rides too ( full flights! ) is exactly the opposite of what the Airbuses I have tried recently exhibit in FSX / P3D - for sure there's a FBW and SAS in between the pilot inputs and the aircraft response, but the feel of inertia, specially on a heavier arrival is there, as well thrust response ( CFM models, can't comment on IAEs... ). I never felt that sensation in FSX airbuses and, judging only from the movies... I don't think the FSLabs model captures it either ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't use either, but reading through the forums at AVSIM just noticed a patch for the AS Airbus series - check here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493425-airbus-fbw-fix/page-2?hl=%2Bfbw+%2Bfix#entry3471015

Looking at the available videos I have the impression that, at least ground handling during taxi, but also on the takeoff run, looks a bit twitchy ... Either all of the youtubers are too nervous with their rudders, or there's some fine tuning required...

Response to controls during finall approach suffers, IMO, from the very same limitations of the AS series - too responsive with instant bank when stick applied, and no sense of inertia. 

My experience in the full flightsim ride and many jumpseat rides too ( full flights! ) is exactly the opposite of what the Airbuses I have tried recently exhibit in FSX / P3D - for sure there's a FBW and SAS in between the pilot inputs and the aircraft response, but the feel of inertia, specially on a heavier arrival is there, as well thrust response ( CFM models, can't comment on IAEs... ). I never felt that sensation in FSX airbuses and, judging only from the movies... I don't think the FSLabs model captures it either ...

In the Prepare3d section of these forums there is a fbw patch for the AS Airbus that has made flying very smooth. I'm in the middle of only my 2nd flight and like I said, not an Airbus guy, but the patch feels much better. I don't know how an aircraft feels by just looking at a video but the videos I see have people like the Airline2Sim guy say it feels close to the real thing.

Yes this bugs me also with a lot of FSX/PD3 airliners,  i think PSX and the IXEG 737 capture this feeling of inertia better.

I wonder if control lag is the main cause of this or just the rotating mass?

Marcel

Yes this bugs me also with a lot of FSX/PD3 airliners,  i think PSX and the IXEG 737 capture this feeling of inertia better.

I wonder if control lag is the main cause of this or just the rotating mass?

Marcel

Indeed, at least in as far as Aerowinx PSX is concerned - I don't own the iXEG 737, but I've heard that inertia is very well captured in that one too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Guest Mik75

The hand flying characteristics of the FSL Airbus are top notch. you definitely get a sense of weight and inertia on the ground, and in the air!

This thing feels better than any other Airbus addon I've ever used for any desktop flight sim platform, and resembles the feel (as good as this is possible, sitting in front of a screen) of the actual thing (full flight sim at Lufthansa flight training centre) very convincingly!

To those that have the AS Airbus go here to reply 14 for the latest installer http://www.avsim.com/topic/493425-airbus-fbw-fix/ and the 2nd page reply 16 for the fix after. Make sure to back up all the Airbus folders aircraft.cfg because the installer wipes every flightsim.X entry line and you have to add the liveries all again.

I am a novice for Airbus, but until FSLabs releases this FBW tweak has turned the AS Airbus into a nice smooth but big feeling aircraft. Blue Sky Sim has sound packs on Simmarket and this will tide me over learning how to fly the systems until FSLabs release. Mik75 thank you for that information it looks like FSLabs is really complete.

• Upvote 1

The hand flying characteristics of the FSL Airbus are top notch. you definitely get a sense of weight and inertia on the ground, and in the air!

This thing feels better than any other Airbus addon I've ever used for any desktop flight sim platform, and resembles the feel (as good as this is possible, sitting in front of a screen) of the actual thing (full flight sim at Lufthansa flight training centre) very convincingly!

Thx Michael.

I think you're also an X-Plane 10 user, so most surely you have tried the Peter's Aircraft models, the QPAC A320 ( my preferred ) and the JarDesign A320 NEO. Since you say you get the best feel with this one, I guess it must really be different :-)

Also try that patch for the Aerosoft Airbus series linked above. Users are finding it very good.

Only version of a PC-based Airbus I haven't tried yet is the Airlinetools A32X

Main Simulation Rig: