Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

*Poll* Which new plane are you most excited for?

Which new commercial plane are you most excited for?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Which new plane are you most excited for?

Did I just hear correctly that the 717 is being released tomorrow? It is on Dirka's twitch stream right now.

Did I just hear correctly that the 717 is being released tomorrow? It is on Dirka's twitch stream right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/dirkadurka

Yep - 6:00 pm Eastern Time December 22.

https://blog.tfdidesign.com/2016/12/21/release/

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The PMDG 747 for me.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Actually now that I think about it I have waited so long for some of these to come out of the hangar that I have lost interest. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

YAY !!! My vote was for the TFDi 717 .  We are in 3rd place in the POLL - but FIRST to RELEASE !!! :p0317:

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

Voted for the Connie and that's a day one purchase for me, but I've been watching the 717 closely and I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing.  May be on board with that one fast if initial reports are good.

The 717 is for FSX, FSX:SE, and P3D.  For $59.99 you get the 717 for ALL platforms. 

A heads-up that A2A has posted the Connie manuals online and opened the Connie subforums, which means release is imminent.

Between that and the 717, wallet is now standing by for a tough couple of days.

A heads-up that A2A has posted the Connie manuals online and opened the Connie subforums, which means release is imminent.

Between that and the 717, wallet is now standing by for a tough couple of days.

Amen to that!

Vic green

Just watched some QW 787 videos again and what should I say?

I WANT this plane, right now! I love the Dreamliner and the A350...

The ANA dreamliner flies over my house every single evening. I can see it from my balcony shortly after takeoff in Munich, you can see the distict light signature from tens of miles away...

I want that thing in my P3D!

Apparently it's something around the $40 mark upgrading from FSX. So in my case and because i selected to pay in dollars with no tax, i bought the FSX version for $89 (i got one of the first ones) which was around 80 euro. If i have to pay 40 more (~35 euro), it's 115 total and i can also use both versions if i want to.

In the 777 case, i had to pay 89.99 plus 134.99 (around 220 euro). It's completely unfair paying more than twice for over 90% of the same code. Needless to say i never bought the 777 for P3D. In this case both licenses can also be used obviously.

In the Aerosoft case, you pay for lower level simulators ONCE and you can use them anywhere.

This is why i will skip the 747 if anything over $99 for P3D. Okay, three engine types, three (three?) different models, but still $100 is a lot of money and i think a fair amount for this kind of addon.

Hence, I re-installed FSX:SE, and am about to hit the "buy" button for the FSLabs ... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The Connie is released :-D

Merry christmas!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

PMDG 747v3

TFDI 717 was pretty disappointing with all the bugs, but it does seem that TFDI is committed to fixing the bugs in pretty short order... I just hope they make true on that, because the add-on has a lot of potential.

What I really don't like about TFDI is the false advertising they did... at no point was it ever told to the public that it would not be a complete release, no TOC/TOD, and the MCDU is only 75% complete is what they NOW say over in their forums.  IMHO not cool, if they had said that it wasn't complete and offered this at a discount I would feel totally different.