TonyD

FSUIPCv5 Confirmed

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is great news. I thought I didnt really need it anymore, but then reconsidered since the VA ACARS communicate with FSUIPC.

Yes, now hopefully the chaps that work on LINDA can get it in v4 once fsuipc v5 is out. 

Good news. Frankly, Pete Dowson has done so much for flight simming, I'd buy the new version even if I didn't need it lol just to say thanks.

• Upvote 11

There will be an FSUIPC5 for P3D4, but first release won't coincide with the rather rushed (in my opinion) release of P3D4 on Tuesday

Anyone else a little curious why Pete thinks V4 was rushed, it has cast a slight shadow of doubt in my mind. Still going to buy it but makes me wonder.... 

Don't read too much into the rushed statement.

16 minutes ago, Chock said:

Good news. Frankly, Pete Dowson has done so much for flight simming, I'd buy the new version even if I didn't need it lol just to say thanks.

Agreed, he is one of the most generous experts in our hobby. And his creation is a must have, imho.

• Upvote 1

I don't use it, but I know what it does, and know how much many of you depend on it. I was feeling kinda bad for you guys based on the feelings expressed yesterday. Glad this is getting sorted. 

I thought I could do without it. Then last night my controls didn't feel right with the FSL A320, it was a new repaint so sure enough I ticked the profile specific box and loading my A320 settings. Perfect!

It would be annoying to have to give up FSUIPC so thank you Pete!

2 hours ago, stephenbgs said:

Anyone else a little curious why Pete thinks V4 was rushed, it has cast a slight shadow of doubt in my mind. Still going to buy it but makes me wonder.... 

Probably because of the incompatibilities that exist. Seems like the only aircraft devs who will have compatibility in the first few weeks will be PMDG

2 minutes ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Probably because of the incompatibilities that exist. Seems like the only aircraft devs who will have compatibility in the first few weeks will be PMDG

A lot more than you think :tongue:

Hoang Le

It's OK if it was rushed.  We'll Beta test it for them.

1 minute ago, denali said:

That is what they are counting on. 

11 minutes ago, denali said:

Lol. Sadly this is the kind of "Early Access" this community seems to enjoy. Pay every year for incremental updates, beta test for the only customers who are listened to, and then pay again. smh

• Upvote 1

I have pretty much fallen for the inbuilt AI traffic limiter, so I'll likely pick this up as well. At least in FSX, it boosts my performance considerably in busy areas.

What we will also need for V4 is Edit Voicepack (at least those who fly offline). Feeling confident here, too.

53 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I have pretty much fallen for the inbuilt AI traffic limiter, so I'll likely pick this up as well. At least in FSX, it boosts my performance considerably in busy areas.

What we will also need for V4 is Edit Voicepack (at least those who fly offline). Feeling confident here, too.

See http://fsonline.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3007&sid=5c27860861b5d1cf83c00595b18b31b4

Regards.

Yeah.. I need FSUIPC for the various hardware control assignment for different aircrafts. and yes I too would gladly purchase  FSUIPC for Pete. He has been our MVP for so many years... even if I could all that assignment within P3D V4.

BTW.. I even forgot what else FSUIPC is used for. and no I do not need FSUIPC to show me the VAS usage anymore or ding me with warning about OOM Ahhhaahhhahhha! :)

With a hardware cockpit, no P3D V4 for me without FSUIPC.

Thank you very much Pete !

3 hours ago, denali said:

We've been beta testing for LM and the military industrial complex since LM bought the source code from MS. 

39 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

We've been beta testing for LM and the military industrial complex since LM bought the source code from MS. 

Hey, that's a highlight for me. I would be proud to be called a LM test pilot. :cool:

4 hours ago, denali said:

I thought "beta" had been renamed / rebranded to be sold to us  a "backer,  founder,   prologue"  and all that jive.

1 hour ago, SolRayz said:

+1. 

And Pete D is a legend in my book.