Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

FSElite Exclusive: P3D v4.4 Releasing November 28th

Can the cloud textures benefit from PBR? Its probably all that interests me really as I seldom look at the airplane from spot view 

I have been a bit frustrated with P3Dv4.3 because I can't get VC graphics to look as good (as sharp) as in FSX-SE/ DX10. I have tried a ton of different HDR lighting combinations, and also tried not using HDR, but it seems I need to add 'extra light' (e.g., turn on overhead lights during the day) in the VC to get the same definition with P3Dv4.3 that I get with FSX without adding light. I would have expected P3Dv4.3 to be better, or at least as good, as FSX in this regard. Maybe P3Dv4.4 will provide some improvements in this area.

Al

Edited by ark

this is a improved update to all previous versions, whats the fuss??

12 minutes ago, kurtb said:

this is a improved update to all previous versions, whats the fuss??

:biggrin: You gotta be kidding!  This is par for the course with every update. Actually, this one has been quite civil. Just wait until a few have given the update a try.

All good though,

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

"Fuss" is directly proportional to the number of addons that stop working properly with new versions of P3D.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Rob - is there any chance LM can force developers to install everything outside the sim - this includes Orbx.  If they follow rest will follow.  Something I have been requesting since P3D 3.4 days.  Even though right now I am able to install almost 80% of the addons except FS2Crew/PMDG/Orbx (Lorby's tools solved my Flightbeam external installation).  When I mean external installation - I mean all files including world scenery files/textures - really annoying how old system puts files everywhere in the system.

• Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

😍this is a improved update to all previous versions, whats the fuss??

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Rob - is there any chance LM can force developers to install everything outside the sim

Sure they could, BUT "compatibility" has always been the double edge sword.  Maybe that will change in V5 and LM will tighten it up to make sure devs use P3D SDK, but I honestly don't know.  P3D V4.4 has certainly put down the ground work to stop using FSX SDK, so I would expect that to continue moving forward to V5.  IMHO, you'd be better off trying to petition the 3rd party content providers to do it the P3D way ... they can certainly help reduce their support overhead if they encourage movement to P3D from FSX ... it's a shared responsibility.

Cheers, Rob.

32 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

:biggrin: You gotta be kidding!  This is par for the course with every update. Actually, this one has been quite civil. Just wait until a few have given the update a try.

All good though,

Vic

Absolutely true.  Every new release has 4 distinct phases

1.  The  Speculation Phase - no-one knows anything....yet everyone knows everything.

2. The Announcement Phase - an overload of analysis, emotional gushing and some upset

3. The Release Phase - an overload of emotional elation, emotional upset peppered with 'my 12 year old FSX addons won't work anymore' official complaints  and some 'my sim is better than your sim' trash talk.

4.  The Post-Release Phase - an overload of  'how do I fix this' posts.  Before long, some will revert back to Phase 1

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Sure they could, BUT "compatibility" has always been the double edge sword.

LOL I will not say it....I will not say it....nothing but happy thoughts.....beautiful boats in the harbor.....😖

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

For FSX developers to leave FSX and develop P3D 100% seems impossible for now given the fact that there is still an FS9 (!?!?) community here, and a healthy one (even promoted a lot) at FlightSim.com - I even see new posts about FS2002 (:wacko:) at FlightSim.com

Edited by pracines

Just a simple question:

I plan to uninstall 4.3 client, scenery, and content AND install new 4.4 client, scenery, and content.

Will ORBX, my planes, or my current scenery addons be still there or will I have to reinstall anything?

Stan

7 minutes ago, spilok said:

Just a simple question:

I plan to uninstall 4.3 client, scenery, and content AND install new 4.4 client, scenery, and content.

Will ORBX, my planes, or my current scenery addons be still there or will I have to reinstall anything?

Stan

I hope that the aircraft will work, however orbx stuff might have to be reinstalled i think, the rest of addons, it depends as posted in the previous posts. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

33 minutes ago, spilok said:

Just a simple question:

Stan

If the a/c have been installed with the addon.xml method - they will work. If they haven't, they MAY work - depending on what files were put where.

Usually, just running FTX Central will reset the Orbx folders.

Now, if you uninstall P3D AND delete the P3D root folders - you will have to reinstall some addons.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Note of caution...

In all the excitement, do not forget that some of your favorite P3D addons may not work in 4.4.  (at least not yet..)

Remember Flight1 GTN, RXP GNS, etc  :unsure:

Unless you are happy to lose these for a while, take a step back and consider...

:cool:

• Like 1

Bert