Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

First reactions to P3Dv4.4

34 minutes ago, curt1 said:

The developer said he would have a beta patch out tomorrow, and then a new installer in a week.  I love EZdok, and wouldn't use P3D without it.

I used it for a flight today. Worked same as usual.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Pretty sure you don't have to reinstall all Orbx OLC, regions or airports. If reinstalling Client, Scenery, Content, the only products requiring reinstall are Global, Vector, and Trees. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Couple of question for those who did the full un/re-install. 

-What program(s) and/or techniques do you employee to do the full uninstall? 

-Did you do a fresh windows install?

I have found doing an uninstall via Windows uninstall still leaves folders, registry files/errors, and other residual pieces of programs behind.  Thus, not really fully uninstalling the program and sometimes causes issues with the fresh install.

Any ideas how to do a proper uninstall?  Thank you.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

33 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Couple of question for those who did the full un/re-install. 

-What program(s) and/or techniques do you employee to do the full uninstall? 

-Did you do a fresh windows install?

I have found doing an uninstall via Windows uninstall still leaves folders, registry files/errors, and other residual pieces of programs behind.  Thus, not really fully uninstalling the program and sometimes causes issues with the fresh install.

Hi there,

There is no need to do full windows re-install.

For clean uninstall of Prepar3d - please see these links (the list of directories are pointed out where Prepar3d has files)

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

and

Prepar3d even has a script option built which deletes all the files.  Please see Poppet's guide on this.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On 11/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, RamonB said:

All Beechcraft Textron planes were removed. (Bonanza, Baron, KA350 & Texan)
(If You still have a backup copy of v4.3 You can still import them to v4.4)

I wonder if Textron is going to have all their planes removed from E.g., Xplane and other developers / distributors Carenado etc,

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

I wonder if Textron is going to have all their planes removed from E.g., Xplane and other developers / distributors Carenado etc,

That's at least not going to happen to Alabeo/Carenado since they don't sell any of their planes as Cessna or Beechcraft.

Anyone who has a "top view" with some performance benefits which can be classified in the sections ? :

Client :

Content :

Scenery:

I am little scared updating content and scenery i have to say 😎 (mostly because i havent a top view which scenerys is installed in the old way)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 hours ago, RioPilot said:

In any case. My main problem now is that the scenery tiles pose problems. I did a clean reinstall, and when I flew around the default location, I saw weird flickering tiles that showed the entirety of the continental United States, and other continents of the world. It's hard to explain, but it was really weird.

I did a repair, and that seemed to solve the issue. But now the airports have black night tiles during the middle of the day.

Something seems corrupted, but I made sure to uninstall the old version of P3D and delete the old residual folders, so I'm not sure why that would be the case.

I have had the issue of tiles that show the continental U.S. or other continents showing since 4.1 or 4.2. One thing I have done is opened Time Preview, selected a different time, and applied the change. Seems to help. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello Aaron

There is No Need to remove the Prepar3D registry entries, This is not required,   You would only manually remove these for specific situations.

The video below is for a clean Uninstall of Prepar3D,  This process will uninstall Prepar3D and remove all folders and files.

Note: In this video I delete the Prepar3D v4 Add ons folder from the Documents location,  You can save this folder if you like and move it back over afterwards.

Also, I delete the 3rd party Add On leftovers from the Core Prepar3D Install folder to ensure a future clean reinstall 

Note: If you already have Uninstalled Prepar3D from the Control Panel you will not have the Delete generated files command needed to complete the above process. 

The video below is steps you can take after you reinstall Prepar3D 

This action will remove all 5 generated file locations to ensure a clean reinstall Or if you just want to return Prepar3D to a close default state. 

Just to Note: Removing the generated files will disable your 3rd party Add Ons. 

9 hours ago, simbol said:

You see, and you were judging and being disappointed hours ago before even trying it.

Glad to see you are happy and confirming what me and many others have been saying, this is the best release by far from LM, it cannot be missed.

I would be nice if you also post your happiness at LM forums, all LM developers worked very hard for months, I was a witness of that and they will be very pleased to hear positive feedback like this.

They totally deserve the gratitude and congratulations from everyone.

Regards 

Simbol 

Yes Simbol, you're right, I was too fast to judge. I will pop over to LM and pass on my thanks to the guys, they have done a great job. BTW, thanks to yourself too, for all your sterling support in the community 😏 BTW, this was nothing more than just a client reinstall.

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

This morning 6:00,

tryout 2, set 2 f 4.4

make now full install and back to mine EHAM orbx Nederlanden, q400mjc test:

confirm this is a major version, outstanding sharp on textures and ground textures.

Following  tweaks of Rob video and gain of fps is more stabilised on 15/100 gain:

22-25 fps on Flytampa EHAM 

30km far of EHAM on orbx scenery, I had 25 to 50 fps following scenery density coverage.

I' m a happy man with this version, hope that developers shall make soo patches or new installs with the not-workings addons...

A very special thanks to Rob to open me a perfect way for this upgrade, sure he know very well this music 

greatings to all of this topi for yours first impressions

Mark

9 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I flew over SeattleX and swear I could see the potholes especially over the industrial area between Boeing Field and Seattle.  Did a flight today from Wash Dulles to Chicago and had all of my State MSE photoscenery enabled and it was as real as I have ever seen.  I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  More to come.

Jim

That takes me back to FSX days, MSE. 

Now you have me thinking Jim, 🙂 

This update is until we see good PBL all about PR now being great again. That is huge. 

Also, your method of updating worked a charm am grateful for that Jim.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

19 hours ago, Maikel van der Heijden said:

Why? Uninstall client, install client, uninstall scenery, install scenery, uninstall content, install content. For you next run FTX central, FSDT live updater and install the Active Sky Beta patch. Thereafter you'll be good to go.

Not quite. FTX Global needs reinstalling if one chooses to deinstall the scenery part of the installation.

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

That takes me back to FSX days, MSE. 

Now you have me thinking Jim, 🙂 

This update is until we see good PBL all about PR now being great again. That is huge. 

Also, your method of updating worked a charm am grateful for that Jim.

Hi David,

Did you install FTX ORBX again ? if so how did you do that ?

Also just backed up scenery.cfg and effects folder ?

I guess you uninstalled Majestic and FSLabs as well ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi David,

Did you install FTX ORBX again ? if so how did you do that ? NO

Also just backed up scenery.cfg and effects folder ? NO

I guess you uninstalled Majestic and FSLabs as well ? YES

Thanks

Michael Moe

All I had to do was open Open FTX,....=job done.......... I update Vector. (not needed but I did it anyway)

All seems fine PMDG all work etc. Happy to wait for FSL.

All my airport are still there not tested them yet apart from EGNX and LEBL, all seemed fine. 

What I did was download the full thing, stick all in one folder then did what Jim did. Before I did anything, I installed the latest drivers and deleted my config and shaders.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip