willy647

Milviz to support only P3D v4.4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Glad to hear it, this is the best way forward and hopefully will lead to the full capabilities of v4 being exploited not to mention faster development.  Hopefully oher developers follow suit.

Edited by regis9
  • Upvote 3

Good news. Logical move - efficient use of their resources focusing on platforms that currently make sense will allow them to produce high quality material and remain competitive.

I hope other developers take heed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not surprised at this at all.  If devs are going to take advantage of P3D advances, they're left with the choice of dual builds (and increased development costs) or simply choosing to focus on the current platform.

Time moves on.

Scott

• Upvote 1

Yep, great move.  Time to go forward not backward... For all peoples still running FSX, you are still able to fly in FSX, but month after month, the new stuffs offer will decrease for that old version.

Mike

Smart move!  Means better add-ons for the customer

• Upvote 1

Eventually PMDG, ORBX, and other major developers will move off of FS2006. My hope is P3D v5 will break a lot of backwards compatibility with FSX and third party developers will take advantage of new tech that should be available with v5. It is a real shame that third party development has been stunted because so many developers straddle the fence between creating much better products with new technology, but having to be held back by catering to FSX users that will continue to use FSX for the rest of their lives. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

Eventually PMDG, ORBX, and other major developers will move off of FS2006. My hope is P3D v5 will break a lot of backwards compatibility with FSX and third party developers will take advantage of new tech that should be available with v5. It is a real shame that third party development has been stunted because so many developers straddle the fence between creating much better products with new technology, but having to be held back by catering to FSX users that will continue to use FSX for the rest of their lives. 

Held back? how naive. When the pendulum stops swinging only then will they stop producing for older platforms. They are business people and not a charity. When the devs that really count such as pmdg and A2A make the announcement then we will no for sure the game is over for all platforms except the latest P3D platform but that could be years away if ever

Milviz? ...not even in the ball park

Wonder what that means for their KA350i, I suspect because they sold early copies when they supported earlier P3D version they may be boxed in a bit?

Edited by MartinRex007

3 hours ago, zmak said:

Held back? how naive. When the pendulum stops swinging only then will they stop producing for older platforms. They are business people and not a charity. When the devs that really count such as pmdg and A2A make the announcement then we will no for sure the game is over for all platforms except the latest P3D platform but that could be years away if ever

If ever? PMDG already announced that you will need the newest P3D Version if you want to get future updates. Of course this is only the first step. And I don't see the NG3 coming out for FSX, given that they already have a great 737 for that platform.

• Like 1

Completely agree with that decision.  Backward compatibility and support hinders progress.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Completely agree with that decision.  Backward compatibility and support hinders progress.

+1

26 minutes ago, officercrockey said:

If ever? PMDG already announced that you will need the newest P3D Version if you want to get future updates. Of course this is only the first step. And I don't see the NG3 coming out for FSX, given that they already have a great 737 for that platform.

+2

Wonderful news. Another developer moving to the 21st Century!

• Like 3

I bet you the decision is a reflection of the recent FSElite awards results?

12 hours ago, zmak said:

I think PMDG has already said going forward their updates are for the latest version (4.4 right now) only (?)

13 hours ago, zmak said:

When the devs that really count such as pmdg and A2A make the announcement then we will no for sure the game is over for all platforms except the latest P3D platform but that could be years away if ever

The "devs that really count"?

FSDreamteam, Flightbeam, Turbulent Designs (now an Orbx affiliate), Orbx TrueEarth products, 29Palms, FlyTampa and, yes, Milviz, have all announced the end of development for 32 bit FSX and earlier P3D versions.  These are not inconsequential developers.

No one is saying the "game is over for all other platforms".  When it comes to 32bit sims - it's a progression, but it's a steady (and steadily increasing) one.  The focus will increasingly be on P3D v4 (and later) and XP.

Scott

• Like 2

13 hours ago, zmak said:

If you feel MilViz is so inconsequential, why are you festering this thread with your drivel?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, odourboy said:

If you feel MilViz is so inconsequential, why are you festering this thread with your drivel?

LOL get use to it. They will be kicking and screaming and hating for years to come. 

• Upvote 1

I know, but a guy can still hope! 😁

14 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL get use to it. They will be kicking and screaming and hating for years to come. 

But I LOVE the 8-Track in my car...

and speaking of my car, I love having to pump the gas, pull out the choke and cross my fingers it starts on a cold day...

and the fill-ups...every three days...it's fantastic!  I get 6 miles to the gallon!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

But I LOVE the 8-Track in my car...

Oh that is very modern. My car runs on coal and has a stick for stearing. LOL!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL!  And I thought I was old...

I'm going to go yell at a cloud now....

GET OFF MY LAWN!

ZZZZZZZ!!!!

Edited by netshadoe

12 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Wait! You don’t have to feed your car? Or groom it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, odourboy said:

These forums used to be civil... your response is not.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WarpD said:

These forums used to be civil... your response is not.

And someone calling a popular developer "inconsequential" is? That seems a very uncivil way to describe someone to me.

Bill W

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1