56 minutes ago, Le Français said:

Right, not seeing it. 

38 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Did you download the Game Ready Driver (GRD)?  I believe the sharpening feature is not included in the Studio Driver (SD).

Greg

Good observation. That could very well be it. If not, then I would do a clean install to drivers by using DDU.

49 minutes ago, Le Français said:

I am running 4K would that be why? is this only to help upscale?

No, it is fundamentally different from upscaling and should work with all resolutions.

Edited by Evros

10 hours ago, Le Français said:

Not seeing these new setting with my 1080TI 😞

That's odd. 😕

You could try confirming that you in fact do have the 441.08 driver installed. 

Open NVCP, at bottom left click system information and the driver version will be at the top of the list in the pop up window.

Edited by SunDevil56

Scott

I see the option with my 1080ti running a 4k resolution.

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

Ok, got it by doing a clean install of the drivers. Couple of questions. 

1. What value should I start with?

2. Could this replace SSAA? Would image sharpening and MSAA be enough?

3. With the clean driver install, in the NVIDIA Control panel - should I leave this as is or select: use my preference emphasizing: Quality? or Let the 3d application decide?

Clément Hernandez

i7-4770K O/C 4.4 GHz | GeForce GTX 1080 TI | 16GB RAM |ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 | Samsung 850 1TB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Just did a couple flights with Sharpening set to 0.60 along with OTT set to 1.5 using my Rift CV1.  This made a significant improvement in clarity, both in cockpit and the outside view.  Didn't appear to have an impact on FPS.  I like it so far.  Anyone know what the "ignore file grain" does?

Danny

Danny

38 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Just did a couple flights with Sharpening set to 0.60 along with OTT set to 1.5 using my Rift CV1.  This made a significant improvement in clarity, both in cockpit and the outside view.  Didn't appear to have an impact on FPS.  I like it so far.  Anyone know what the "ignore file grain" does?

Danny

Really? Nvidia states on the release notes

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.08/441.08-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

under "Image Sharpening Feature" (p. 5) "Scaling will not work with VR". I tried it myself with my Acer WMR headset in Prepar3d and didn't observe any improvement, while Prepar3d on the 2d screen indeed gets a noticeably sharper image which I like.

What do others observe w.r.t. VR? Did I misunderstand the reference above? Perhaps I am only missing some setting? Maybe, it just works for the Rift but not for WMR headsets?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Prepar3d Professional v4, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl; AeroflyFS2 Freeware Scenery List

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus Z170 / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel /ACER AH101 Headset / Win 10/64

2 hours ago, pmb said:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.08/441.08-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

under "Image Sharpening Feature" (p. 5) "Scaling will not work with VR". I tried it myself with my Acer WMR headset in Prepar3d and didn't observe any improvement, while Prepar3d on the 2d screen indeed gets a noticeably sharper image which I like.

What do others observe w.r.t. VR? Did I misunderstand the reference above? Perhaps I am only missing some setting? Maybe, it just works for the Rift but not for WMR headsets?

For me it does not work in my Reverb HMD, on my screen it works. 

Gents,

Does it mean that NVI might be sent to the retirement? No more 4xSGSAA? 

I'll play around some more.  I tried the .60 sharpening and found it barely noticeable with my setup/settings. 

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 | 1080Ti 11GB | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM750x |  240MM AIO.  Win 10 Home. 

12 hours ago, pmb said:

Really?...Yes, for me I did see an improvement.  The Nvidia statement does say "Scaling" will not work in VR.  Unless I am misreading it there is a Scaling setting that is separate from the Sharpening setting.  I haven't activated the "Scaling" setting, just the "Sharpening".  The improvement is very noticeable to me in regards to the sharpness of the text  and instruments in the cockpit.

Danny

Danny

I turned sharpening on and like what I see using the default settings so I plan to keep it on.

A couple of people are asking if this is a substitute for AA - it is not. It can make textures and fonts look crisper, but if anything it can making aliasing issues even worse. IMO the trade off is worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-Alex 

14 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I turned sharpening on and like what I see using the default settings so I plan to keep it on.

A couple of people are asking if this is a substitute for AA - it is not. It can make textures and fonts look crisper, but if anything it can making aliasing issues even worse. IMO the trade off is worth it. 

On my set up it is the difference between looking through a dirty pane of glass and one that has just been washed. Brilliant, crisp and sharp.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as P3D home. GTX 1080 8gb.

To me, the sim looks sharper and crisp after turning it on. I might play with different values but it looks good with nvidia default values. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS X HERO, i7 8086k 4,8 Ghz, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS STRIX GTX1080Ti OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 840PRO, SAMSUNG 850EVO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus, ASUS PG348Q

29 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

To me, the sim looks sharper and crisp after turning it on. I might play with different values but it looks good with nvidia default values. 

I wonder if it has a  performance impact if you crank up the setting to 1.0

7 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

I wonder if it has a  performance impact if you crank up the setting to 1.0

I can try.

What values did you guys try already? 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS X HERO, i7 8086k 4,8 Ghz, Corsair H100i v2, ASUS STRIX GTX1080Ti OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 840PRO, SAMSUNG 850EVO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus, ASUS PG348Q