Sign in to follow this  
richbonneau

Milviz King Air is RELEASED

DRM has been added.  That might be your issue.  Did you put in your key?  Did you uninstall the product before installing?

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

It's hard for us to do support in two places...  So we're going to stick with our forums.  That's where it's really happening.  That said, for those of you that have controller issues, this is our number one fix and we hope to be able to deliver it tmrw or the next day.

Thanks for your patience.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

31 minutes ago, Milviz said:

It's hard for us to do support in two places...  So we're going to stick with our forums.  That's where it's really happening.  That said, for those of you that have controller issues, this is our number one fix and we hope to be able to deliver it tmrw or the next day.

Thanks for your patience.

Wasn't asking for support here but thank you. I rounded up the usual suspects, Windows Defender or firewall was the issue.

10 hours ago, Wothan said:

Before I buy...

How does it perform FPS wise compared to other high end addons (i.e Flight1 KA B200, Majestic Dash-8 Q400, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, PMDG 737 NGXu etc.) ?

Its certainly harder than some of the mentioned ones. Especially the Dash-8.

I would put it into the direction of the ngxu. Just as comparison:

KSEA T2G and Seattle X

MD80: 30-40 fps
PMDG 748: 29-35 fps
NGXu: 24-30 fps
Milviz 350i: 22-28 fps
FSL+CS757: unflyable in those sceneries

On a RTX 2080 and intel 7700k, 16GB Ram, around medium settings, a bit higher. FullHD.

Or said in another way:
I have a lot of planes. PMDG 747/8, 777, 737, Leonardo MD80, Aerosoft A318-A330, Majestic Dash-8, QW 787, CaptainSim 757, some A2A planes, the FSL A320 and a few others. For 3 of them i have to reduce to lower settings, the rest runs over 30 fps in most scenarios on my hardware/settings.

And those 3 are:
- FSL A320
- CS 757
- Milviz 350i

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Just making sure you've checked on this?

"

Have you tried disabling P3D's fullscreen optimizations? That fixed it for me.

Prepar3D v4 Properties>Compatibility>Disable fullscreen optimizations."

It seems to be an intermittent problem Ryan, it only happens sometimes but have changed the setting to the one you suggested anyway.  Is this change likely to break something else though?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

11 hours ago, Wothan said:

Before I buy...

How does it perform FPS wise compared to other high end addons (i.e Flight1 KA B200, Majestic Dash-8 Q400, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, PMDG 737 NGXu etc.) ?

I have all of those and to me for example the Flight1 king air is heavier. I have a Radeon R9 290 with an i7-4790k.

This one from milviz works great and i dont have any performance issues, not even at night with all the lights on

Juan Ramos

8 hours ago, CapnOz said:

Im thinking about purchasing, but the not following the nav profile is concerning to me, especially after its been in dev so long. Can anyone make a quick video showing the aircraft following the nav properly?

While I don't have a video showing you that the aircraft does follow the nav properly, I can confirm that it really does follow it. I've done several flights with it so far and it has followed the FP every time. I'll fly it again and take down some notes to post on how I set it up. I can't remember every step off the top of my head without looking at the panels. I'll see if I can figure out what you might be missing to get to follow correctly. I should have something posted by monday night.

• Like 1

Pretty word not allowed good replica Milviz made here. I'm actually a little shocked. I fly this the 350i as my real life career and I can tell you that as far as flight sims go this is right up there with the best I've seen. The plane has a pretty steep learning curve at first, but they replicated it very well. Ive been using the SOP's from my company and the power settings are pretty darn close here. Even the GFS we had during my initial type rating wasn't this detailed. I will say though the chart viewing on the MFD isnt working for me, but who knows maybe its my computer. I'm sure Ill figure that out though, in the meantime foreflight fills the gap.

That twitch guy you guys cited, I watched him and I dont know how much stock I'd personally put in him. He doesn't seem, shall I say, polished as a "350 pilot" the way hes flying it...but what the hell do I know, maybe he is. Sims are not real airplanes (maybe I shouldnt say that here haha)

I'm going to keep messing around in my spare time the next few days learning how this all works on a home based sim. If any of you have questions about the plane or sim let me know, I'll make some video tutorials after xmas for fun. Might need to dust of the old instructor rating haha

Happy simming

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Milviz said:

I'm pretty sure that KenG will take that one to heart... We checked his credentials... and those of the others as well.  Krusty... he just says he is one. 

Anyway.  Up to you. 

Get your point.

But as a paying customer I think is fair to say that I would like to get the product as advertised on your website.

Good to hear that your rw pilots team is on it.

With that said I am looking forward to the fixes. 

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

9 hours ago, taguilo said:

To be honest, except for those sections not replicable in a simulated environment, the documentation we would have posted would have been exactly the same as the real aircraft's one. 

I'm sorry, but this is like the lamest excuse ever. I expect thorough documentation to come with an $80 addon that claims to be "beyond study level", whatever that means. This includes, IMHO, a tutorial flight, taking the aircraft from cold and dark to shutdown, that shows how all the systems work: start-up, fuel/pax management, loading/entering a flight plan, take-off, climb, cruise, descent, approach, etc.

I'm not expecting a 300 page tutorial, but at least some guidance, which, I assume, would also answer a lot of questions being asked on this forum.

Of course it's possible to "cobble something together" from youtube videos, Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch`s tutorial for the Flight1 KingAir, etc., but that's not my job. 

You had close to 6 years developing this plane, and you couldn't find the time to put together a simple tutorial?

Boggles the mind. 

I was hoping to fly a worthy successor to the Aeroworx KingAir over my Christmas break. I guess not.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello:

Does this airplane come with a pause at TOD option?

How are the fuel, PAX, and Cargo/Luggage, and W&B loaded and calculated?  By that I mean is loading via the P3D default or is there a tool?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

Does this airplane come with a pause at TOD option?

How are the fuel, PAX, and Cargo/Luggage, and W&B loaded and calculated?  By that I mean is loading via the P3D default or is there a tool?

Thanks.

No TOD pause option. You set the default fuel/payload in the external manager. If you want to change it in game, you use the default P3d menu.

Just out of curiosity......what is this "pause at top of descent" option all about? I have noticed this with numerous aircraft (and some even have it set as the default option....the CaptainSim 757 is an example), but I do not understand why anyone would want to pause the simulator at this point. Can anyone enlighten me? :huh:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Pause at TOD is for those simmers who like to do long haul flights without saving the flight. That way they can go to bed, or get on with some other aspects of real life. That way the simmer can interact with the flightsim when things get more exciting .:happy:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm sorry, but this is like the lamest excuse ever. I expect thorough documentation to come with an $80 addon that claims to be "beyond study level", whatever that means. This includes, IMHO, a tutorial flight, taking the aircraft from cold and dark to shutdown, that shows how all the systems work: start-up, fuel/pax management, loading/entering a flight plan, take-off, climb, cruise, descent, approach, etc.

I'm not expecting a 300 page tutorial, but at least some guidance, which, I assume, would also answer a lot of questions being asked on this forum.

Of course it's possible to "cobble something together" from youtube videos, Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch`s tutorial for the Flight1 KingAir, etc., but that's not my job. 

You had close to 6 years developing this plane, and you couldn't find the time to put together a simple tutorial?

Boggles the mind. 

I was hoping to fly a worthy successor to the Aeroworx KingAir over my Christmas break. I guess not.....

One of the best Aircafts out there, but the documention is the worst I have ever seen.