Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 4th, 2021 - Development Update

MARCH 4TH, 2021 – DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Chtybeau.jpg

Screenshot by Chtybeau

Next week is going to be a good one! Sim Update 3 is slated to go live, we have our Live Dev Q&A next Wednesday, and Pilot Emilie will be taking over our Twitch channel on Monday (see Twitch Schedule below).

The Devs are excited to connect with you again and delve into the latest update, what’s coming, and our progress on the sim. We hope you have a safe weekend and we will see you next week!

–MSFS TEAM-

Smooth-Development-Banner-GIF.gif

DEVELOPMENT ROADMAP

Click here for the web-friendly version.

FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

Click here for the web-friendly version.

Slide1.jpgSlide2.jpgSlide3.jpg

THIRD PARTY UPDATE

• Airports
    • 636 airports (+36) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 454 airports (+27) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 196 airports (+25) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 67 airports (+0) beyond the released airports have been announced.
      • 124 airports (+9) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
  • Aircraft:
    • 120 aircraft (+8) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 24 aircraft (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 16 aircraft (+5) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 74 aircraft (+2) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
      • 22 aircraft (+3) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
  • Scenery:
    • 223 sceneries (+10) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 220 sceneries (+10) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 17 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 3 sceneries (0) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
  • Mission Packs:
    • 20 mission packs (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
      • 20 mission packs (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
      • 3 mission packs (+3) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
      • 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.

SDK UPDATE

• On the DevMode side:
    • We fixed font-related issues in DevMode.
    • In the Scenery Editor, we fixed a bug that didn’t show object test radius when selected. We also added a button to remove material from polygons.
    • We also implemented the Delete key as a way to delete individual points on polygons-based objects (like painted lines, aprons, polygons etc.).
  • On the WASM side:
    • We fixed execute_calculator_code proxy and added more security to it.

MARKETPLACE

This week we added 17 new products and updated 4.

17 NEW PRODUCTS

n1.png n2.png n3.png
n4.png n5.png n6.png
n7.png n8.png n9.png
n10.png n12.png n11.png
n13.png n14.png n15.png
n16.png n17.png

4 UPDATED PRODUCTS

up1.png up2.png up3.png
up4.png    

Community-Banner-GIF.gif

COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT

Learn more about Pilot Emilie in this Community Spotlight that dropped this morning!

TWITCH SCHEDULE

Tomorrow: Come join in an IFR flight with us from Calgary to Vancouver! All are welcome. Details here.

• March 8th – Pilot Emilie // 2000Z
  • March 10th – Live Developer Q&A // 1830Z
  • March 12th – Community Fly in Friday // 2000Z

stream-3.4.jpg

COMMUNITY SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE

This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot “MSFS Vs. The Volcano” The winner is Chtybeau and is our featured screenshot at the top of this update.  The top 10 are below. Thanks to all those who participated! Our next challenge: The Soup

tomlaut1980.jpg

Screenshot by tomlaut1980

Squibby6134.jpg

Screenshot by Squibby6134

gordongreig.jpg

Screenshot by gordongreig

RevampedSine732.jpg

Screenshot by RevampedSine732

walterdog9598.jpg

Screenshot by walterdog9598

WatchfulLand959-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by WatchfulLand959

Parorng1.jpg

Screenshot by Parorng1

TimeSupernova-scaled.jpg

Screenshot by TimeSupernova

Filippo200322221.jpg

Screenshot by Filippo20032222

DrCsany.jpg

Screenshot by DrCsany

NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 3.11

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 9

Wow Seminole updated again. I anxious to see what!

• Like 4

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

So is the Carenado Arrow ready? They are showing it with a store picture.

Interesting how they have beaten JF to get it out.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Next week is going to be a good one!

I don't know what shall I say, I am excited for the update and the dev Q&A but at the same time, I am scared from them breaking something new 😂

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

@ChaoticBeauty

Screenshot by Chtybeau <------- your pic?

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

I have a major crush on Pilot Emilie.

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

@ChaoticBeauty

Screenshot by Chtybeau <------- your pic?

Nice catch, did not notice the similarities in the names. It is not mine, I have not participated in any of those screenshot contests so far. Maybe I will when I have a system that can make the simulator look as good as that. 😄

• Like 1

The updates repeat themselfs and have barely any relevent and interesting info. The same snapshots every work, some numbers for the additions to the store nobody cares for and the millionth screenshots that we alle have seen aleready.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

4 minutes ago, DaWu said:

The updates repeat themselfs and have barely any relevent and interesting info. The same snapshots every work, some numbers for the additions to the store nobody cares for and the millionth screenshots that we alle have seen aleready.

Then ignore them, simple.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

27 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

So is the Carenado Arrow ready? They are showing it with a store picture.

Interesting how they have beaten JF to get it out.

They always release stuff conveniently right before other developers release their stuff.  Because they know people buy their pretty stuff and likely take some away from other devs.  I own a bunch of Carenado addons....  But I'm blessed to be able to afford their "lite" addons and also buy the quality addon that comes right after.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This will be an important update and I'm eager to know what they've fixed in the G1000/3000 and autopilot.  They need these things!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

11 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Then ignore them, simple.

Or, provide constructive relevant criticism. One doesn’t have to ‘ignore’ it. Especially in a discussion forum, where the general idea is to offer an opinion. And what he said has a lot of truth. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Contrails are cool. Not going to lie I never noticed they were missing until someone pointed it out.

From what I gathered from previous live Q&As is contrails are not dynamic, aircraft makers have to add the effect points themselves to their aircraft, so you'll only see them Asobo planes until those addon makers update their planes.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Imagine a sky crisscrossed by AI contrails...

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU