Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 29th, 2021 - Development Update

1 hour ago, marcg11 said:

I wonder how much of the performance improvements we are go to lose - Hopefully very little but I was starting to enjoying the smoothness of my flight since SU5......

You're not going to lose anything. 

The change happened before SU5 was released. What you're seeing now is what you're getting. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Wot, no 🌲? 😉

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Wot, no 🌲? 😉

Exactly! I already asked on page 5 ...

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any of the Mods around today, maybe they got fed up after yesterday's kindergarten debacle 😉

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Sorry @ChaoticBeauty for the late 🌲.

I’m traveling on business and totally lost track of what day it was.

• Like 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello / bonjour

While keeping the description of the buttons, can we remove this blue eye ?? And reduce the size of the text?

Thank's

jQHjMb-FlightSimulator-2021-07-29-17-59-

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, cro said:

Olá / bonjour

Mantendo a descrição dos botões, podemos remover esse olho azul ?? E reduzir o tamanho do texto?

Obrigado

jQHjMb-FlightSimulator-2021-07-29-17-59-

in addition to this all others added. Impossible to have a virtual view of the cockpit with so many streaks overlapping my mouse and my reflection.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

after downloading this morning I have the blue bar of never ending loading.........

I have tried to reinstall and double checked everything downloaded the glass cockpit but still just keeps loading and loading but once the blue bar fills up it never switches over and starts...... help

On 7/30/2021 at 4:09 AM, orchestra_nl said:

I agree bu I also think that any decent developer should have used LOD's already.
Most developers have been developing for other sims in the past and LOD's is not exactly a new thing.

Actually, there was period of time when developers created models with 10 or more LODs. But through experimentation, it was determined that the overhead associated with such models exceeded the performance gained by having variable complexity versions of the model. For example, most AI aircraft models now rarely have more that 2 LODs, one for when viewed close up and one for far away.

• Like 1

Why is nobody here in the forum telling the unvarnished truth. For me, SU 5 is a downgrading of the PC version to xbox level, as far as the graphics are concerned. For a year the PC faction was allowed to advertise on the net with fantastic photos and videos that could hardly be distinguished from real flights and now the PC Simmers are being castrated at xBox level. On my PC (i9 10900k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD) the graphics of the Scenery are now close to FSX Landclass level. Totally overexposed, massively reduced textures, totally unnatural oversaturated colors, much poorer water display, often with steps in the water surface, which can cause a rollover when taking off and landing with seaplanes. These steps can also often be seen on land as blue lines. The quality of the reflections in the water has also decreased. All in ultra settings. Asobo announced that they could unlock potential in DX11 with new code and achieve an enormous performance boost. I would have achieved this boost in a much shorter time without code generation, simply by sliding the slider in the graphics settings all the way to the left, and it would have been individually available for each simmer. Yes, you hear a fair amount of anger in my post, but it's more than that; it is pain because of what we have already been able to experience in terms of absolutely fantastic graphics.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 8/1/2021 at 11:34 PM, COWAR said:

Why is nobody here in the forum telling the unvarnished truth. For me, SU 5 is a downgrading of the PC version to xbox level, as far as the graphics are concerned. For a year the PC faction was allowed to advertise on the net with fantastic photos and videos that could hardly be distinguished from real flights and now the PC Simmers are being castrated at xBox level. On my PC (i9 10900k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB SSD) the graphics of the Scenery are now close to FSX Landclass level. Totally overexposed, massively reduced textures, totally unnatural oversaturated colors, much poorer water display, often with steps in the water surface, which can cause a rollover when taking off and landing with seaplanes. These steps can also often be seen on land as blue lines. The quality of the reflections in the water has also decreased. All in ultra settings. Asobo announced that they could unlock potential in DX11 with new code and achieve an enormous performance boost. I would have achieved this boost in a much shorter time without code generation, simply by sliding the slider in the graphics settings all the way to the left, and it would have been individually available for each simmer. Yes, you hear a fair amount of anger in my post, but it's more than that; it is pain because of what we have already been able to experience in terms of absolutely fantastic graphics.

Absolutely agree. If you look on FS Forums there's a plethora of CTD's folks are getting. I had initial CTD with FBW Airbus, but after uninstalling only had one CTD.

As for graphics, they are so dismal it resembles a bad shader mod gone horribly wrong.

Very sad. 

• Like 1

I finally got the FBW A32NX not to crash, and the autoflight to work, and then I got hit with +54C at 38000 feet.

I figured "That's fine, I'll choose few clouds preset" but the WEATHER TAB IS GRAYED OUT. WHAT!? Why? Why would Asobo ever program the sim to be capable of locking the user out of the time/date/weather tab!? In what World does a programmer even consider this?

I have never pressed the "shut down" button on my PC with so much anger before. What a waste of 4 hours. aershtdjfkgh

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

15 hours ago, charlie130 said:

Absolutely agree. If you look on FS Forums there's a plethora of CTD's folks are getting. I had initial CTD with FBW Airbus, but after uninstalling only had one CTD.

As for graphics, they are so dismal it resembles a bad shader mod gone horribly wrong.

Very sad. 

Absolutely agree. This has to be the worst update I have ever seen. Seems like MSFS broke everything. 

Does anybody happen to know the date of the next q&a live stream?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Does anybody happen to know the date of the next q&a live stream?

Jayne said there won't be one for a while, so in the meantime she will keep us updated with forum posts like this:

There is an upcoming Asobo Q&A in August, but this is more about the developers themselves and their jobs rather than the simulator.

• Like 2