Sign in to follow this  
qqwertz

CaptainSim Hercules C-130 released

CaptianGarbage at their best 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

How bad must it be that they managed to release an April Fool's joke 10 days late even though they didn't have to waste time developing a cockpit?🤯

Even freeware devs manage to release products with a cockpit 'stolen/borrowed' from another aircraft, but they couldn't even be bothered to do that.

I do switch to outside view at times during a flight over an area new to me in order to admire the scenery, so it's not a totally verboten concept to me (and it's one area I imagine that actually does differentiate PC and Xbox users in terms of the way they use the sim percentage-wise), but I'd certainly never buy an aircraft that doesn't have a VC.🙄

I do wish the thread title had at least prepared the reader for disappointment or shock.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

just curious: how the heck do you fly it w no cockpit lmao. are these guys for real? Is captain sim on avsim? 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

The C-130 is one of my fav aircraft.  I grew up next to a C-130 base loaded with J's.

But this....

Edited by Waldo Pepper

No virtual cockpit? I'm sure that some of their paying customers will not notice that it's missing.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, wiler said:

just curious: how the heck do you fly it w no cockpit lmao. are these guys for real? Is captain sim on avsim? 

Just the same as you'd fly any other basic aircraft - left-right, up-down, faster-slower. I imagine, at best, that it responds to the basic keyboard shortcuts plus controller inputs and that'll be about it. Much like flying any of the chasecam view flying games on a console.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Well, they finally did it. They lowered their standards even below mine. I care not to use most of those buttons and gauges taking up space in a cockpit, and I'm more than happy to spend time flying from outside the cockpit, but I do like to at least have somewhere I can sit and look out of the window while all those nice dials wobble around. It's a nice looking model, and I may well have bought it if it had any kind of semi-working cockpit (A320, 747 or whatever), but this is just silly.

I'll stick to my converted P3D models.

Or hang on, maybe I can port a Cub cabin into it . . .

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

31 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I'm waiting to see one of those " Downloading now" posts. 

Don'tloading now... 😄

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I should have known better than to get slightly excited when I read the headline.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The L1011 was my last purchase from Captain Sim and that was going on 10 years now. What an absolute joke CS have become. They have great potential, but they appear unwilling to put the work in to build an aircraft which works as close to the real thing. I have no sympathy for people that are still purchasing CS products. I thought the 777 with the default 747 guages was bad, but oh was I wrong.

What a complete and utter joke, they should really be embarrassed to even think that releasing an aircraft in such a state is even acceptable. No thank you.

Edited by shamrockflyer
  • Like 1

I don't think Captain Sim or anyone else should or even could be stopped from producing something like this as long as it's accurately described and not stealing other people's work

but I'd also hope that any store with any respect for either customers or itself would refuse to touch it with a barge pole (and that most definitely includes the Marketplace)

This is a real shame as it would be a great aircraft if done properly.

I think it’s expected that any decent payware aircraft has a full cockpit so think this is a huge oversight/shortcut.

Im pleased I found this out first but I’m sure there will be plenty that dive in with their wallets and get their fingers burnt.

What a complete pile of word not allowed. Captain scam on full throttle 

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

50 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

I’m sure there will be plenty that dive in with their wallets and get their fingers burnt.

This is the verified business model of CS.  They've been doing it for decades.  They expect that unsuspecting simmers will be blinded by their slick marketing lingo and impulse buy without reading the fine print (if any at all) or wait for someone to review it 1st.  That is the only way they can sell their stuff.

This release though....they seem to make it pretty clear that there is no VC...so I can't really be sad for simmers who read this, buy it, then complain that there is no VC.

If the P.T. Barnum theory rings true here and CS does manage to rake in the dough on this real external shell only...you can bet that they won't even bother now of trying to shoehorn a stolen VC into their exterior shells...they'll just start popping them out sans VC.

I predict the 757 next followed by the 737-3/4/5 shells coming to an MSFS store near you.  If its your thing more power to ya, but don't bother asking them if they'll ever make a VC for them.  They will "imply" that they might, when we all know they have no intention (or skill) to do it.

Edited by Steve Dra
spelling

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I think it's an inside over / under bet on how many of these things they could actually sell without it even having a cockpit in it.

Igor- "Hey Vladi, I'll bet you I can sell 1000 versions of our crappy old C-130 in msfs and not even put a cockpit in it!"

Vlad- "Nyet! You're on"

I'd say they're getting some good laughs out of this.

• Like 1