Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

It's been half a year since 5.3 came out

"The faithful who stand firm in the path of the devil shall reap the rewards when the Messiah returns".

Psalm 3 : Deuteronomy : Verse 6

• Like 7

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

V6.... Oh, great another $ 200+ bucks for my third version of P3D. I can't wait.😣

• Upvote 1

Pete Locascio

4 hours ago, tamba765 said:

V6.... Oh, great another $ 200+ bucks for my third version of P3D. I can't wait.😣

It`s called Democracy your not forced to buy anything stick with what you have some do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

What's really weird is I am still on 5.2 and it's been 52 YEARS since the last Beatles album was released. Coincidence? I'm like, but I just listened to Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band last week! So I think, I should be listening to Kid Rock's Bad Reputation, because that's new! I tried it, but, honestly, I think it's just bad. I'm really concerned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

"The faithful who stand firm in the path of the devil shall reap the rewards when the Messiah returns".

Psalm 3 : Deuteronomy : Verse 6

Brilliant! Just Brilliant!👍🍻  I wanted to give you 10 likes... alas, the system would allow only one.😖

• Like 1

I am excited and worried about v6 coming out. I am worried because what if the current airport sceneries don't work in the new v6? And with a lot of the developers abandoning P3D would they come back for v6? If not there may not be many airport scenery for P3D v6.

40 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I am worried because what if the current airport sceneries don't work in the new v6?

That is also my biggest fear, but I don't think it will happen. V5 was the first version since FSX to change the base scenery in a relevant way, and I don't think it will happen again soon.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I think some here need to rein in their horses and speculations a little bit, because:

#1: No one knows IF there is going to be a new whatever version (except those that don't talk),

#2: If there is going to be a new version, it may be a Hotfix, it may be a v. 5.4, or it may be a v. 6 - or maybe something "entirely different". Again, no one knows (see above).

Jorgen

1 hour ago, jorgensandersen said:

I think some here need to rein in their horses and speculations a little bit, because:

#1: No one knows IF there is going to be a new whatever version (except those that don't talk),

#2: If there is going to be a new version, it may be a Hotfix, it may be a v. 5.4, or it may be a v. 6 - or maybe something "entirely different". Again, no one knows (see above).

Jorgen

I read this as- p3d next version be prepared to be underwhelmed again.... why because of your opening sentence. Of course there will be a next version as the LM team still exist and have even said that some fixes are in the next release!

Clearly you are on the inside given the amount of time you spend over at the official forum, so you are the (those who dont talk)   

Edited by kand

Kand, you clearly read something into my post that is not there. - the opening sentence you have totally misunderstood. What I mean by that is exactly what I wrote, nothing else. If anyone (sorry if this sounds harsh) interprets that in any way other than exactly as written, then that is their problem.

And the time I spend on the L-M forum does not mean that I am on any inside of anything. I am simply there because I on occasion can help someone out.

I'll believe there is a new version and what's in it when I see it, not before. I have seen enough vaporware in my time.

Please, do not take this personally, or as an attempt to start a flame war. I always attempt to write exactly what I mean....

Jorgen

5 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I am worried because what if the current airport sceneries don't work in the new v6? And with a lot of the developers abandoning P3D would they come back for v6?

If so, we don't know what would the default airport scenery would be like. There may not be a need for new airport scenery. I know that typically default airport scenery isn't as detailed as custom, but my point is that we only know what we know and should not fear or worry about what's out of our control. At any rate, you would still have P3Dv5 to use with the airports that you like. 

Developers gravitate to the platform that brings them the most revenue. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I wish F1 would update their GTN750/650 to 5.3hf2! Also, Milviz WX Advantage Radar needs an update.

2 hours ago, deirpo said:

I wish F1 would update their GTN750/650 to 5.3hf2! Also, Milviz WX Advantage Radar needs an update.

Unfortunately the developer of the F1 version has moved on...

There is the RXP version still being updated, and the RXP support forum is right here on AVSIM.

And according to Milviz the WX Advantage Radar is broken because of bugs in P3D v5, and although LM will likely fix said bugs, it'll be too late as Milviz has already moved on themselves. But then again Milviz does build for for the Military and if LM fixes the problems the fixes might flow through to the WX Advantage Radar anyway.

Speculation on my behalf but you never know.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

5 hours ago, deirpo said:

I highly recommend the RXP variants. I made the switch a few weeks ago and am very satisfied.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

On 7/21/2022 at 6:21 PM, Boeingnut said:

Before pulling a death shroud over P3D, what was the time frame between V4.5 and V5? Is it possible, that they are doing a complete re-build for V6?

They are. 

• Upvote 1