Sign in to follow this  
guibru

14 key features of Just Flight’s FS Traffic coming soon

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

The only bgl based AI traffic for MSFS is the default offline. Nothing else uses them anymore.

The GA mod does, although technically it's still the default traffic with all the commercial aviation removed.

James

4 minutes ago, MikeH99 said:

Easiest way to get CTD is using these programs as the AI is broken in MSFS.

It doesn't mean that you will get any ctd's though.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

4 hours ago, sanh said:

I was very keen on this addon but with FSLTL around and free and doing a great job - I'll pass.

FSLTL is neat but it's missing a ton of aircraft types.  CRJs and ERJs especially for smaller airports.  If this has those and GA id be interested for sure.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Silicus said:

This!!!

You are right however, aircraft are taxying on the grass, skidding around corners like they are drifting and taxying through you whilst you’re sitting at the terminal.

Airborne its great but on the ground whilst it shows what’s actually at the airport, it’s worse than the rest.

13 minutes ago, pan pan pan said:

aircraft are taxying on the grass, skidding around corners like they are drifting and taxying through you whilst you’re sitting at the terminal.

You must be using the wrong airport.xml files then or scenery that isn't accurate. I see the odd slew like maneuver but it's nothing compared to the silliness of every arrival and departure using any and every runway or randomly parking wherever they'll fit as seen using any of the other traffic methods.

JF FS Traffic does look reasonably good, but does it do anything that we don't have already except lighten our wallets? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I'll be buying it. If only because of my experience with Traffic Global in XP11     , which was a miracle of coding to me. The default AI crushed fps to a ridiculous degree with just a couple of planes whilst Traffic Global cost just one or two fps for the whole hog. I'm hoping the same will be true for this.

(Mind you, FSLTL is suiting me just fine with IFR set to 20, GA set to 1 and Statics set to 1.)

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pan pan pan said:

You are right however, aircraft are taxying on the grass, skidding around corners like they are drifting and taxying through you whilst you’re sitting at the terminal.

Airborne its great but on the ground whilst it shows what’s actually at the airport, it’s worse than the rest.

Not on my end... Some drifting sometimes but not often enough to bother me. I doubt AI behavior with FS Traffic will be better, since the native AI programming is very sloppy...

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, pan pan pan said:

I didn't see this on my end either. There's some sliding, but all AI aircrafts follow ATC instructions. You can listen to live ATC and watch the action in the sim. Compared to Traffic Global, which I really like, PSXT+RT combo is just better and realistic. 

• Like 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

7 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

What they are saying between the lines is that FPS will depend on the amount of traffic you inject, just as with AIG or FSLTL.

I'm impressed with just how large the frame rate impact is w/ FSLTL.  I've limited air traffic to 10, 50km radius.  I'm pretty sure the impact w/ the injector active is 18-20% which is huge, but understandable as there is a lot going with traffic.  I tried the button to clear local area traffic and experienced a CTD within a few minutes so haven't tried that again instead I just kill the injector process.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

You can always use the FSTraffic liveries with PSXT...

• Like 2

I believe, there is a manipulation to do to lower the resolution of the AI planes, but you have to get your hands dirty...
When FSTraffic talks about 4096x4096 textures, we can already predict that the drop in FPS will be substantial!
I hope there will be an option for at least 2K.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrcultureshock said:

I didn't see this on my end either. There's some sliding, but all AI aircrafts follow ATC instructions. You can listen to live ATC and watch the action in the sim. Compared to Traffic Global, which I really like, PSXT+RT combo is just better and realistic. 

Oh it’s realistic, you have no argument from me there. I’ve done the same, listen to ATC whilst watching the aircraft around me, it was fantastic!

Its the best for takeoffs and landings, good amount of aircraft.

But sitting at, i think it was Gate 17 at Brisbane Airport and the Dash 8’s were literally taxying through me was a killer.

Don't matter what Traffic you put into MSFS, at this state of the Simulator it dosen't work like it should..

The one and only reason is Asobos implented code for Ai Traffic and this code is totaly broken at all.

My guess is if this code implentation gets not a complete overdone fix not even one Ai Traffic System from what ever Developer will work.

Just my 2 cents..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Noel said:

I'm impressed with just how large the frame rate impact is w/ FSLTL.  I've limited air traffic to 10, 50km radius.  I'm pretty sure the impact w/ the injector active is 18-20% which is huge, but understandable as there is a lot going with traffic.  I tried the button to clear local area traffic and experienced a CTD within a few minutes so haven't tried that again instead I just kill the injector process.

Wait you lose 20% FPS with 10 (ten) aircraft max. injected...?