Sign in to follow this  
haseen

FSR500, TBM 850, SWS PC-12 for MSFS 2020.

I will get the SWS PC-12 cause that is how we roll in the shire, but I cant see it being better then the TBM 850.

I love that plane. A pain to land, but that is also fun. I don't really care about the sounds.

Been waiting 20 years for great GA panes and now we have so many its impossible to choose just one.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

17 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

TBM 850 suffers from poor sound implementation.

I feel like I have to write about this.  I don't understand why people are so up in arms about default exterior engine sounds.  The engine is very similar between the 850 and 930.  Additionally, there are numerous custom interior sounds which aren't even in the stock tbm.  It's not like it has C172 sounds or anything lol.

I understand sounds are important in addons and I too enjoy a quality soundscape.  But to not get the tbm because you read something about something about default sounds is a silly thing imo.  There's soooo much more to the tbm that a few exterior default sounds.  I guess if you only sim from the exterior....ok maybe it's not for you.  The cockpit sounds and environment are the most immersive I've been in while flying in VR.  

Skipping the TBM 850 would be skipping a great addon!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

11 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I don't understand why people are so up in arms about default exterior engine sounds. 

I don't care about the exterior sounds on any aircraft personally.  The TBM suffers from an improper prop sound on the interior mostly noticeable at high power settings and you hear it buzzing all throughout cruise which should not be audible. It almost sounds like they used an externally produced sound for the interior.  That's my biggest "issue" with it but  I was able to improve it by reducing MSFS engine sounds to 60 and increasing windscreen noise with FSRealistic. The default Caravan does not have the issue so I am not sure why they did this on the TBM. I also think (IMO) for the price, the 850 should have had included custom engine/prop sounds aside from the various custom button clicks, etc. It even has the silly brake squeak sound that is on all the default aircraft (I disabled it in the xml).  I do love flying it though and the sounds shouldn't be a deal-killer for anyone looking to buy it.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

TBM 850 is my favorite GA plane in the sim. So much effort to produce an outstanding aircraft for our sim. Why did they stop at the sounds? As stated above, it’s not what the sounds are like while in exterior view, but that the sound inside is as if you’re outside. I’ve flown in several turbo props. Can definitely hear the prop sound while on the ground during taxi. Especially while in beta. However, once in the air it’s a mild hum at best, dominated by wind noise. Must note though, I have never been in a TBM in real life. Still, I really enjoy this tbm. I usually put on my Bose headset and listen to music while using the tbm. Very enjoyable. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have read in a couple of reviews that there is a markable decrease in FPS for the FSR500.  I also read where the developer indicated they had found and corrected some of the causes for lower FPS, however that was prior to the review where the lower FPS was encountered.  Can anyone speak to their current experience?  Possibly a comparison between the FSR500 and the BS TBM for those of you who own both.

Edited by billkirk888

1 hour ago, SetSpeed said:

TBM 850 is my favorite GA plane in the sim. So much effort to produce an outstanding aircraft for our sim. Why did they stop at the sounds? As stated above, it’s not what the sounds are like while in exterior view, but that the sound inside is as if you’re outside. I’ve flown in several turbo props. Can definitely hear the prop sound while on the ground during taxi. Especially while in beta. However, once in the air it’s a mild hum at best, dominated by wind noise. Must note though, I have never been in a TBM in real life. Still, I really enjoy this tbm. I usually put on my Bose headset and listen to music while using the tbm. Very enjoyable. 

Producing an accurate sound set takes a lot of specialized equipment, knowledge, and - maybe hardest to procure - prolonged access to the actual airplane in all phases of flight. Here's hoping that FTSim or BS themselves update the sounds of the TBM, because the lacklustre default sounds have relegated this amazing A/C to my hangar most of the time. The FTSim sound set for the King Air on the other hand has completely revived this equally stunning plane for me!

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I feel like I have to write about this.  I don't understand why people are so up in arms about default exterior engine sounds.  The engine is very similar between the 850 and 930.  Additionally, there are numerous custom interior sounds which aren't even in the stock tbm.  It's not like it has C172 sounds or anything lol.

I understand sounds are important in addons and I too enjoy a quality soundscape.  But to not get the tbm because you read something about something about default sounds is a silly thing imo. There's soooo much more to the tbm that a few exterior default sounds.  I guess if you only sim from the exterior....ok maybe it's not for you.  The cockpit sounds and environment are the most immersive I've been in while flying in VR.  

Skipping the TBM 850 would be skipping a great addon!

Yes it could look silly to some to base their decision on what they have read on a forum, but how else do we make choices without having to buy everything? Forums, youtube videos, sim news sites...that's all one can go by. There's no trial or refund period that I am aware of. 

Like most here I suppose, I have quite a few addons that hardly see the light of day, so just trying to avoid adding more clutter in my virtual hangar. Also we are lucky enough to be in a position to choose as fairly similar aircrafts have landed all at the same time. Perhaps this might be a purchase for another day. Same goes for SWS PC-12.

4 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Producing an accurate sound set takes a lot of specialized equipment, knowledge, and - maybe hardest to procure - prolonged access to the actual airplane in all phases of flight. Here's hoping that FTSim or BS themselves update the sounds of the TBM, because the lacklustre default sounds have relegated this amazing A/C to my hangar most of the time. The FTSim sound set for the King Air on the other hand has completely revived this equally stunning plane for me!

Do you mean you were able to take the FTSim king air sounds and map them to the TBM? If so, could you provide specifics on how you did that?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

8 hours ago, Purr said:

Do you mean you were able to take the FTSim king air sounds and map them to the TBM? If so, could you provide specifics on how you did that?

Oh no, you misunderstood, I was talkin about the FTSim sound reviving the King Air for me.

Even if it a re-mapping were possible, the single PT6 on the TBM sounds completely different than two PT6s on the King Air. Just the spatial location of two turbines on either side alone creates a very different sound profile.

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:21 AM, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Alright, here are my two cents:

PC-12: Not released yet, so we don't know. So just speculation

- Flight model seems to be really, really close to the real plane, Alex (the Dev) is a wizard in that regard

- Systems fully modeled

- BendixKing Weather radar missing on release, will come at a later date

- No failures, so hot-starting the engine etc. will have no effect on it. Will come later as an upgrade

TBM 850:

- Very deep electrical and hydraulic system simulation

- Engine model is OK but not without its flaws

- Flight model feels alright to me (altough what do I know, never flown the real thing)

- Sounds are default, so pretty bad IMHO

- Big plus: TDS GTN750 NXi literally **is** the real Garmin GTN750 NXi, so that's very nice!

- 60 KTAS faster than the M500, which is nice

Overall: Love the plane, the systems and avionics are simulated very deeply, only the sounds let it down (and I've come to realize that sounds are really important in a Turboprop simulation)

FSR500:

- Also very deep systems simulation

- Spot-on PT46A engine simulation

- Custom WT G1000 NXi --> Might be a flaw, since the WT G1000 is missing quite a few features the real unit has

- Really, really nice tablet

- The sounds are absolutely outstanding

- I love, absolutely love the flight model of this thing! So stable, a joy to hand-fly

- Really cool Discord community, Raul (@simbol, the developer) is just an amazing guy ❤️

- No paint kit yet, but coming very soon

- A few minor niggles in the G1000, but those already are rectified or will be very soon

- Big minus (😉) : White glareshield --> Can be fixed by replacing the texture with a black one from one of the liveries on fs.to

Overall: For me the best release for MSFS in 2023 (well, the A2A Comanche is better yet, but it's just so insanely slow, I can't fly that)

As you can see, I really like my SETPs in a flight sim 😉 

Hello can you pls tell me the link for fsr500 discord channel?

thx

I really like the FSR500, really love the TBM850, got a refund for the PC12

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I'm personally confused by the suggestion that the TBM 850 has bad sounds. Clearly, it is bothersome to some people, and I'm not trying to negate that. But the sounds don't bother me at all. The only critique I would make (and a minor one) is that beta sounds are pretty quiet. Even with that shortcoming, I would rate the sounds "good" (4 out of 5 stars). They aren't top-of-the-line, but they are respectable. I especially like hearing the rush of propwash and wind when enabling 850 mode and pushing the throttle up to 121% torque. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 2:12 PM, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Not sure if I agree with all of this (unless outside of the plane flying is what your into) but I love what FTSim has done with the F-35...🍺

I have to get it now as the developer screwed the pooch with the last update.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

To get any FTSim sound you have to pay a monthly subscription though correct?

Eric 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:21 AM, psychedelic_tortilla said:

TBM 850:

- Engine model is OK but not without its flaws

FSR500:

- Spot-on PT46A engine simulation

Since I already have the TBM 850 but not yet own the FSR500: in which respect are the PT6 engine models different?

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals