Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Pull the Plug on the FLIGHT Forum.

You know. I'm thinking, this is a website for enthusiasts who have dedicated thousands of hours to this hobby and to each other. No, we don't always get along, but that's because each of us is passionate in our own way, and that is because we LOVE our hobby. We have the full gamut of skill levels here, from those who are experiencing a flight simulator for the first time and have never been in a real airplane, to 25,000 hour 747 and 777 captains. Over the last 25 years, there have been literally thousands of video games released from PAC MAN to Battlefield 3, and this community of simulator fans remain loyal to this nerdy, niche hobby. At places like Avsim we swap flight stories, spin tall tales, give help to those who want to be a part of those with their eyes turned toward the sky. We marvel at the level of flight simulation power that we spend our hard earned money to replicate. We marvel at the complex work of art that is the PMDG 737NG or the LDS 767. We lose ourselves in the complexity of airports by FSDream Team and Fly Tampa. We tweak, and tweak, so to get that perfect flight where the sun meets us in the morning sky as we begin our descent into London Heathrow after a flight from JFK the night before. And we are all addicted to that rush of satisfaction when we plant our Cessna 172 or Boeing 777, center line, in a way that would make any flight instructor or check airman proud. This is who we are. This is what we do.The motto of Avsim is: "Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!" Well I say, don't dignify FLIGHT by giving it its own forum here at Avsim. Obviously WE are not the type of people that Microsoft is interested in. In my opinion not another second should be wasted giving Flight the slightest consideration. Let's get back to supporting companies that want to support this community. Let's get back to figuring out how we can keep this community growing and attracting talent to spend their time making our world more realistic for both the new and pro simmer alike. I'd be damned if I spend one cent on FLIGHT when that money would be better served as a donation to Avsim or helping to support a 3rd party developer to keep them in the community.As far as I know, we don't have a Battle Field 3 Forum. We don't have an XBOX Forum. We don't have a World of Warcraft Forum. I submit we don't need a FLIGHT forum either. Let the gaming sites take over Flight chat so the 12 year old gamers can decide on what's the best way to get all the bonus coins floating over Waikiki Beach. Dare I say the word? BOYCOTT? Yep, I dared. BOYCOTT FLIGHT!

You know. I'm thinking, this is a website for enthusiasts who have dedicated thousands of hours to this hobby and to each other. No, we don't always get along, but that's because each of us is passionate in our own way, and that is because we LOVE our hobby. We have the full gamut of skill levels here, from those who are experiencing a flight simulator for the first time and have never been in a real airplane, to 25,000 hour 747 and 777 captains. Over the last 25 years, there have been literally thousands of video games released from PAC MAN to Battlefield 3, and this community of simulator fans remain loyal to this nerdy, niche hobby. At places like Avsim we swap flight stories, spin tall tales, give help to those who want to be a part of those with their eyes turned toward the sky. We marvel at the level of flight simulation power that we spend our hard earned money to replicate. We marvel at the complex work of art that is the PMDG 737NG or the LDS 767. We lose ourselves in the complexity of airports by FSDream Team and Fly Tampa. We tweak, and tweak, so to get that perfect flight where the sun meets us in the morning sky as we begin our descent into London Heathrow after a flight from JFK the night before. And we are all addicted to that rush of satisfaction when we plant our Cessna 172 or Boeing 777, center line, in a way that would make any flight instructor or check airman proud. This is who we are. This is what we do.The motto of Avsim is: "Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!" Well I say, don't dignify FLIGHT by giving it its own forum here at Avsim. Obviously WE are not the type of people that Microsoft is interested in. In my opinion not another second should be wasted giving Flight the slightest consideration. Let's get back to supporting companies that want to support this community. Let's get back to figuring out how we can keep this community growing and attracting talent to spend their time making our world more realistic for both the new and pro simmer alike. I'd be damned if I spend one cent on FLIGHT when that money would be better served as a donation to Avsim or helping to support a 3rd party developer to keep them in the community.As far as I know, we don't have a Battle Field 3 Forum. We don't have an XBOX Forum. We don't have a World of Warcraft Forum. I submit we don't need a FLIGHT forum either. Let the gaming sites take over Flight chat so the 12 year old gamers can decide on what's the best way to get all the bonus coins floating over Waikiki Beach. Dare I say the word? BOYCOTT? Yep, I dared. BOYCOTT FLIGHT!
I agree, no need for a forum for a arcade game here at avsim

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

No. I understand a lot of peoples frustrations, but that would be just silly. Hold your judgements until you are possibly selected for beta, or play the game eventually. Or even if we get any more information next week. Calm down for christ's sake, don't need to be so stubborn people! Just wait, and no I'm not a fan-girl (haven't even touched any FS for over half a year). :)

Edited by xXArch_AngelXx

No. I understand a lot of peoples frustrations, but that would be just silly. Hold your judgements until you are possibly selected for beta, or play the game eventually. Or even if we get any more information next week. Calm down for christ's sake, don't need to be so stubborn people! Just wait, and no I'm not a fan-girl (haven't even touched any FS for over half a year.)
They had me at pay per region.*Starts to caculate the cost of a long haul*So how many regions will I need for EWR-SIN?blum.gif

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi,Yep, this forum is for flight simulation enthusiasts. MS Flight here-in-after refereed to as "THE ARCADE GAME - (TAG)", has no business on any of the hard core flight simulation online forums and/or web sites (JMHO). The Game makes me want to :bad:TAG, the perfect kiddy game.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

No. I understand a lot of peoples frustrations, but that would be just silly. Hold your judgements until you are possibly selected for beta, or play the game eventually. Or even if we get any more information next week. Calm down for christ's sake, don't need to be so stubborn people! Just wait, and no I'm not a fan-girl (haven't even touched any FS for over half a year). :)
No need for me too try it, this game will have nothing in it for me.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

They had me at pay per region.
They had me at "Game". That word should be banned here.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

"EWW NO, I HATE BRUSSEL SPROUTS MUM!!! THEIR DISGUSTING!!! YUCK!""Just try one dear, you can never know unless you try them!""FINE, BUT I KNOW I HATE THEM I HAD THEM BEFORE!"*Cautiously, the fork approaches your mouth, your face shows you are disgusted* *nom nom* "OMG THESE ARE LUSH!"Do I have to say Flight will make you big and strong when your even older? Please. blum.gif

They had me at pay per region.*Starts to caculate the cost of a long haul*So how many regions will I need for EWR-SIN? blum.gif
Maybe the world will just have blank space in between if you don't buy en route regions blum.gif

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

The motto of Avsim is: "Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!" Well I say, don't dignify FLIGHT by giving it its own forum here at Avsim. Obviously WE are not the type of people that Microsoft is interested in. In my opinion not another second should be wasted giving Flight the slightest consideration. Let's get back to supporting companies that want to support this community. Let's get back to figuring out how we can keep this community growing and attracting talent to spend their time making our world more realistic for both the new and pro simmer alike.
+1 Well said, TOTALLY agree
"EWW NO, I HATE BRUSSEL SPROUTS MUM!!! THEIR DISGUSTING!!! YUCK!""Just try one dear, you can never know unless you try them!""FINE, BUT I KNOW I HATE THEM I HAD THEM BEFORE!"*Cautiously, the fork approaches your mouth, your face shows you are disgusted* *nom nom*"OMG THESE ARE LUSH!"Do I have to say Flight will make you big and strong when your even older? Please. blum.gif
Please tell me you are kidding. Flight looks like a joke at this point. There is NO evidence that it appeals to us hardcore users in the slightest bit.

If FLIGHT has a forum here, so should Airport Madness.I mean...I thought AVSIM was for serious simulator hobbiest?

Edited by Sticky

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.