Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

FSX STEAM OR WAIT FOR P3D 64BIT?

Hi guys so i am stuck as to wether i should install fsx steam and addons or wait for p3d 64bit but the question also arises will they make all my addons compatible with p3d 64bit?

Fsx as for now tweaked is perfectly running fine

Any advise is appreciated

Thanks

Do you want simulated flight or would you rather tinker with new installations that will, in the short term, deliver the same experience, give or take a few addons? And I realize that for many here, tinkering does seem to be the point of all of this.

If your current FSX installation is delivering what you want, then stick with it until something that's actually and demonstrably better arrives. But that's just what I think...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

With FSX: Steam at $5 on sale I would suggest purchasing if you want FSX with multiplayer or if you don't already own it. You could still get Prepar3D later.

You could wait, but for $5, you could install FSX-SE now and enjoy using it now while we wait for a 64 bit P3D.

I have no idea, but I don't think we will see a 64 bit P3D for at least another year (and maybe even longer).

P3D 32 bit addons  will not be compatible when a 64 bit P3D comes out, so if the choice is between FSX SE or waiting, I would get FSX SE and have fun using it  :)

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

Fsx as for now tweaked is perfectly running fine

There's the answer!

Thanks for the input guys

Guess ill be staying with fsx

i dunno im still leaning over to try p3d

Its not the money but paying just to use multiplayer is stupid i am currently on vatsim anyways

Its not just multi player. There are a lot of reports on better performance especially OOMS with no tweaking

You dont know even if there will be a P3d 64bit or if current add ons would be compatible. If they are I will be straight there faster than a dog shot in the arse and put my $5 down to a bad financial decision  :rolleyes:

ZORAN

$5 dollars wasted, is still $5 wasted..

If you want something new to play with, by all means, go for it!

If you have a well running FSX install, why screw it all up?

Bert

I have no idea, but I don't think we will see a 64 bit P3D for at least another year (and maybe even longer).

Good guess but probably more like 2 years would be my guess and even then developers would have to make the 64bit compatible products and we know how long that takes so we are talking some serious time before seeing a P3D 64bit version main stream

Rich Sennett

$5 dollars wasted, is still $5 wasted..

If you want something new to play with, by all means, go for it!

If you have a well running FSX install, why screw it all up?

Buying FSX SE does not screw up your FSX install. I am going to run them side by side to see what the difference is. $5 is less than most spend on a cup of coffee that ends up down stream later. I think it is worth a look. FSDT's addons all will work with no fuss. I am sure others will follow. 

Good guess but probably more like 2 years would be my guess and even then developers would have to make the 64bit compatible products and we know how long that takes so we are talking some serious time before seeing a P3D 64bit version main stream

Yeah and by that time we will have 128 bit operating systems.  :blink:

Buying FSX SE does not screw up your FSX install. I am going to run them side by side to see what the difference is. $5 is less than most spend on a cup of coffee that ends up down stream later. I think it is worth a look. FSDT's addons all will work with no fuss. I am sure others will follow.

Yeah and by that time we will have 128 bit operating systems. :blink:

And fsx will still be 32 bit, right?