Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Words I need to share with our Community

AVSIM is already immortal.

What a great expression. Very true.  Tom has created something that Cancer cannot touch.... a community; a sum that is greater than it's parts.   

From the depths of my heart, I wish and hope that you will fight this disease even if it seems difficult. Our minds and prays are with you.. A big thank you for all your great work.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I am very sorry to hear of your situation.  It seems rather odd to wish you 'good luck', or 'all the best', so i will simply hope that you experience no pain and have a peaceful end.

Ian R Tyldesley

I'm so very sorry Tom to hear this, this is really upsetting and came as a shock and I have no words apart from thank you for all you've done. Please spend time with your family and more important things, Avsim will continue ticking along.

Tom, May your sky always stay blue, may your landings be safe..

Your legacy lives on..

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi,

When I read your words the only reaction  I can have is to bee deeply sad.. I'm leaving in Paris and what I know from ou is just through Avsim ; something like a companion in my life which is also on the down side.

You say : I'm just worry about Avsim. I hope but I don't believe you'r speaking the truth.

Even my english is too bad to find the words I want to tell you. I can just have respect for your courage and felela lot of empathy with you.

Could I do something to help, I'd do it . No matter the distance , the language...

I'm thinking of you and hope you'll find the strengths

to go over the moutain.Our last way is not an easy one

From Paris with all my thoughts for You

Daniel

Tom, you have left an amazing legacy with Avsim that I am proud to be a part of.  Thank you.

Ryan

Dear Tom,

I don't know you personally, I only am aware of your magnificent work for the flightsimulator society. With great sorrow I reed your message concerning your health.

At this point I can only whish you good times together with your beloved ones for the time still resting you.

Don't worry about AVSIM as you allready did what you can to give us a healthy organisation.

If I could i would shake your hands and say THANK YOU.

Ben Rikken from

the Netherlands

Tom thank you very much for all you have given to this community. You are a legend your legacy will live on.

no words to express my deepest sympathy and concern

don’t take their pessimist prediction to heart; live each day to the fullest, don’t give up Tom!

be brave, and may GOD bless you my friend

Tom, you have made a tremendous impact in this world, and your name will continue to be on the front pages of flight simulation history for ages to come.  I'm very proud to have met you at the 1st AvSim social.  

Fair Winds and Following Seas.

David Vega, Colonel, USAF (Ret)

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Open up AVSIM as I do almost every morning to see what's new and I read this. I don't know what to say, except I believe that AVSIM will take care of itself and flourish just as you intended Tom. I hope you find peace, and I think you may have already. All I can really say is God Bless! 

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I just read your Bio again, astounding!

Proud to be a member.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020