Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

OOM over England in P3D V3

Hello,

I have : UT2 Europe, Orbx England, EGLL, EGSS, EGKK, EGCC, EGLC from UK 2000, GE P3D world installed.

I tried a flight EDDF to KIAD this morning,using PMDG 777, my VAS was about 2 Go, and suddenly, OOM some miles NW of London.

Has some body allready got an OOM like that? I suppose it's a problem with a scenery...

Any idea???

Thank's and best regards

Yves

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yep just did a EGLL takeoff in the T7 but with ORBX England installed and rwy 09R takeoff towards BPK and right turn 090 FL060

To much to take even for P3Dv3 on Dense settings. Will try LOD 4.5 . VAS hitting massive 4.150.000.000

Michael Moe

oom.jpg

I onley had 2 Go VAS, and not more then 4 Go for as you!

Which EGLL scenery do you have?

I onle had 2 Go VAS, and not more then for as you!

Which EGLL scenery do you have?

To be honest, using FTX England and EGLL UK2000 with the 777 is just asking for trouble - even in V3.     You still need to manage expectations with V3.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I have : ...PMDG 777

Any idea???

I used to have OOM with PMDG planes in FSX all the time. In P3D I avoided these planes, which completely solved my OOM issues.

Peter

I used to have OOM with PMDG planes in FSX all the time. In P3D I avoided these planes, which completely solved my OOM issues.

Peter

Epic

• Upvote 8

yes ...similar issue..i kept getting knocked off my bike...to solve the problem,i stopped riding it.

steve :smile:

• Upvote 1

The sooner that controller assignment issue is fixed, the sooner I can start testing the VAS in P3D v3.

FTX regions are notorious with airliners, so try using FTX Global for the jets and keep the memory-hungry regions for low & slow.

Hello,

I have : UT2 Europe, Orbx England, EGLL, EGSS, EGKK, EGCC, EGLC from UK 2000, GE P3D world installed.

I tried a flight EDDF to KIAD this morning,using PMDG 777, my VAS was about 2 Go, and suddenly, OOM some miles NW of London.

Has some body allready got an OOM like that? I suppose it's a problem with a scenery...

Any idea???

Thank's and best regards

Yves

You don't need a full fat region to fly over the UK from Germany to the USA, nor to you want P3d trying to load EGLL, EGKK, EGSS and the city of London, no wonder you had an oom. Think want you need and what you and the sim does not need. Deactivating all them London airports and just use global and try the same flight.

Almost seems as if there is a competition out there who is the first to be able to produce an OOM in P3D v3. Totally insane. Of couse you can if you completely overload the sim with unnecessary add-ons. Flying from Germany to the US in the PMDG 777 and having FTX England plus a bunch of UK airports enabled. Yeah right... :Party:

Try it with GEP3D and UTX Europe.  :smile:

Vic

EGLL (Mega airport) even without orbx england give an OOM if you're more than 1024 ... even with only global ....

EGLL + 777 + global + 1024 = no oom ....

This has always been the case. In 12 years I've rarely managed to get into Heathrow without an oom

My only OOM I had in my career was with Windows XP, FSX and NGX in UK2000 EGLL, FS GLOBAL, VFR ENGLAND HORIZON . I never ever had an OOM again in FSX or P3D with Windows 8 64 bit.

But I am careful with my graphical settings, no HDR textures (1024 resolution), no ORBX, no FTX, no AI, boat etc. traffic (only road traffic at 5% at night, and IVAO AI), and also disable sceneries that I do not use. Never had an OOM with complex aircrafts. Works.

This has always been the case. In 12 years I've rarely managed to get into Heathrow without an oom

I've rarely managed to get through real life Heathrow without getting a stroke.

• Upvote 6

Think want you need.. Deactivating all them London airports and just use global and try the same flight.

This. Deactivate all addon airports in your scenery library, only turn them on when you're planning to fly to those airports. There's a high concentration of airports in London that can easily OOM a system. And has has been said, Orbx regions are notorious for not sitting well with addon airliners.

Then on my system must be something "wrong"

I have all orbx regions installed except ireland, ALL UK 2000 airports, Aerosoft EGLL, UT traffic, REX clouds and the pmdg 777 installed.

I am able to start at egll fly to Orbx EGFF and than back to EGLL and there i usally enter a holding pattern above the city to stresstest.

Well up to now i didn't get any oom with my setup (most sliders mid, airtraffic 45, water medium clouds details with rex softclouds)

For my p3dv3 did wonders.

Because i am on business travel i cannot provide you with the exact settings of p3d.

Cheers, Carsten

To be honest, using FTX England and EGLL UK2000 with the 777 is just asking for trouble - even in V3.     You still need to manage expectations with V3.

This. Also make sure that if you're flying out of EGLL you have your other payware airports in the general vicinity (EGKK, EGLC, EGSS) unticked in the scenery library - no point in having them using VAS if you're not flying into/out of them. If I'm using payware airports I only have the departure and arrival airports ticked in the scenery library.

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, Seattle or Sydney. When you are leaving it is okay to have the region loaded, because now V3 puts it away as you leave. Still it is better to use the regions for your shorter flights and only Global with your heavies and heavier airports.

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, 

Good rule.  I follow the same.

I have a simple rule I follow, NEVER have the region loaded when flying PMDG or similar style into a complex addon airport like Heathrow, Seattle or Sydney. When you are leaving it is okay to have the region loaded, because now V3 puts it away as you leave. Still it is better to use the regions for your shorter flights and only Global with your heavies and heavier airports.

That's some great advice and duly noted.

-Jim