Sign in to follow this  
RocketDuck

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is Out

Well, when I do use v3.0...this will be my final 'burn in' setting....and what you see as the settings is generating the cloud-scape over KMYR (Myrtle Beach).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse_7.png

Eclipse_8.png

Eclipse_11.png

Eclipse_12f206b.png

Eclipse_13ba2c9.png

• Upvote 1

Thanks, all shots taken over EGNT.

It's definitely better than v2.... 100%.....

Now it's just time for me to stop pondering and go order a GTX 980ti ;-)

Great screenshots...did you lock your frames using Nvidia Inspector?

Great screenshots...did you lock your frames using Nvidia Inspector?

No, I set half refresh rate in the nvidia control panel. I stopped using nvidia inspector as it caused stutters. I found that by placing my entire x-plane10 folder on my windows desktop and only using the nvidia control panel, I get butter smooth performance! 

i have triple buffering on

Half refresh rate

maximum performance single monitor mode

FXAA = on

and threaded optimisation off

WOW! All the evening pics look amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

With seeing those nice pics I really would like to try SMP3 for myself.

It seems alas like it's not my month for X-Plane vendors! Firstly I wrote to the Org Store a couple of weeks back about a broken download link and never heard a peep, and now I appear to be at an impasse with X-Aviation.

Humbug, never mind it's back to P3Dv3 for now then.  :wink:

What system are you using? 

If you are addressing me...it is a Dell XPX 730x 

WOW! All the evening pics look amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Jose

XPX.41 really puts it out! :)   Took me some time moving around all the sliders, and button on, button off combos...but I think I have it down, for the sky 'look' I enjoy (cloud formations, size, blah, blah) ...of which I call my 'burned in' settings. Once I have that...I don't change them. XPX, SoundMaxx, SkyMaxx, the each of them :)

Ses

And I think I found a bug in the new overcast ; I get that visibility should decrease gradually while entering the clouds , however it starts too early IMO and it kills the feeling of entering this amazing cloud layer.

It just doesn't make sense when I didn't even got to the clouds altitude and visibilty is decreasing.

It also happens when escaping the clouds but vice versa , visibility increases too late.

looks like visbility changing and the clouds height aren't matching each other. 

That would be an important bug to fix, if we get it confirmed that others are noticing it.

It's not too important for entering clouds, except maybe for bush plane flying around mountains. But it's critical that the visibility match the actual bottom of the cloud layer, when breaking out on final approach and making a landing decision at minimums. The visibility when descending from the cloud layer shouldn't be too far off from the altitude set for the bottom of the layer by a weather injector in X-Plane.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

With seeing those nice pics I really would like to try SMP3 for myself.

It seems alas like it's not my month for X-Plane vendors! Firstly I wrote to the Org Store a couple of weeks back about a broken download link and never heard a peep, and now I appear to be at an impasse with X-Aviation.

Humbug, never mind it's back to P3Dv3 for now then.  :wink:

Stick with it, X-Aviation is getting hammered at the moment, it seems this is their most popular product ever. I am sure they will get to you as soon as they can. My experience of their customer service has been nothing but exemplary 

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Stick with it, X-Aviation is getting hammered at the moment, it seems this is their most popular product ever. I am sure they will get to you as soon as they can. My experience of their customer service has been nothing but exemplary 

Yep - thanks, all set now. :)

I picked this up earlier and it's a big improvement over v2 for the rendering of overcast layers and I even win back some performance. I'm currently very happy with this product, and it's a must have for X-Plane.

I picked this up earlier and it's a big improvement over v2 for the rendering of overcast layers and I even win back some performance. I'm currently very happy with this product, and it's a must have for X-Plane.

+1...I love the overcast layers, and the atmosphere it generates, particularly at dawn and dusk, is stunning. A definite advancement over v2.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Nice video by Redpiper1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Well, when I do use v3.0...this will be my final 'burn in' setting....and what you see as the settings is generating the cloud-scape over KMYR (Myrtle Beach).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop posting pictures guys !

I am in the lounge at CYYZ getting ready to board a 777-200 bound for Frankfurt and will be X-Plane less for a week lol

Can't wait til I get back. Wonder if they sell SMP V3 in duty free  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Edited by tonywob
Removed Quoted Images (Please do not quote images, only the text)

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png