Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Have ORBX done something.....?

Rather peculiar - but I have just installed the latest ORBX Libraries and I seem to have gained a rather ridiculous improvement in my frame rates?  [Memo to self: One G&T too many at the 19th perhaps  - best sleep on it]. :fool:

Can you be a little more specific? What scenery are you flying in? Can you explain what a "rather rediculous improvement" is in terms of FPS? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Orbx England, and specifically, out of EGNL. FTX set to Europe Active. Haven't touched a thing (except for installing the new Orbx Libs) and am now getting an fps increase of +20 ( in the VC and External Spot) ?  Puzzled as to why...... hence the new topic. Hmmmm......

They updated some core object flows for upcoming releases.

tpewpb-6.png

Flew Good Friends Full 737 sim tonight here in Sydney. with orbx  from LSZH - EGFF & it did seem like the micro every 2 sec stutters were gone , which we were seeing before the latest libs , dunno? Things change on this full 737 sim daily but we have flown this route before & got the stutters, If this has fixed it tidy darts!!!

I've noticed it too, and I don't play golf! :smile:

Whatever's going on - it's good!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

hmmm... seems it has also reduced the stutters for me. Will test further on

Carsten

Carsten U

I can report similar results after the latest round of updates, no idea why and don't have an exact number, but much fewer (if any most times) drops below my locked 30fps. Before it would creep down towards 22-25, now 28-30 about all the time in Orbx stuff in comparable aircraft.

Impressed.

Delete your shader and then see  :wink:  :smile:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The classic "Anyone else experiencing a performance increase with [x]?" problem.

Which is followed by a slew of confirmed or unconfirmed reports!

We need benchmarked data, people! Show us the raw, unadulterated FRAPS frame rates, frame times, min/max/avg!

Show us the data! :p0304:  :p0310:

Rather peculiar - but I have just installed the latest ORBX Libraries and I seem to have gained a rather ridiculous improvement in my frame rates?  [Memo to self: One G&T too many at the 19th perhaps  - best sleep on it]. :fool:

I don't, as a rule, monitor frame rates providing everything seems to be running smoothly but that cannot be anything other than good news!