Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

Christopher-

a small correction, although your post is mostly correct.

The initial P3D version will carry the same "entertainment" level license (as it will not be the full professional-grade version with all failures, instructor stations etc). *HOWEVER* the rest of what you say is true - lawyers *do* shoot out lawsuits left-right-and-center whenever possible and we would never be able to afford starting a defense process even with our EULA, since Prepar3D itself does NOT carry an entertainment-level license.

Its the price we pay to play. Harder for guys on fixed lower level incomes but some of us do get to play in the new sim. I'm glad to see FSLabs diving into P3D, just when I add your stuff to my hangar depends on the price and my wife :P Even at £60 for the sim and say it was £80 for the A320 (dk if pricing has been announced?) thats still only £140 for a very high fidelity simulation of a hugely conplex machine that took years to be created. I cant find it in me to complain about that... K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Ray and Mark, great videos, descriptions and enthusiasm for this addon!  FSL should be paying you guys ha, I at least hope ya'll got the upgrade free :dance:

Excited to start learning the systems and procedures, read through the flying manual last night, about to begin tackling the sim...

Allen,

Yes, we do get the upgrade free. But in exchange I worked on the beta 7 days a week for 11 weeks. So perhaps a fair exchange. :wink:

The manual is a work of art. Everything is detailed step by step. Take your time and it will all come together. I still refer to it now but then I am quite old! :Big Grin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, you're not that far from where ...eight days a week... came out from, so you gained a day to spend with your family! :smile:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Allen,

Yes, we do get the upgrade free. But in exchange I worked on the beta 7 days a week for 11 weeks. So perhaps a fair exchange. :wink:

The manual is a work of art. Everything is detailed step by step. Take your time and it will all come together. I still refer to it now but then I am quite old! :Big Grin:

I didn't quite work as hard as Ray but I did spend many hours testing, uninstalling, reinstalling new builds, etc.  Fun process but definitely work.  Now I hope to just enjoy a nice flight to Barbados....I am looking out of my office window and its snowing!!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Richard,

I've been flying Concorde-X for around 18 months now that I have a PC capable of running it smoothly.

I still get that rush of adrenalin when I count 3 - 2 - 1 - NOW and slam the throttles forward to generate maximum engine power with reheat. No de-rated take-offs with this baby! B)

Reheats are switched on again at FL260 / 395kts / Mach 0.95. We're already going faster than Boeings and Airbuses and we've hardly started. :Big Grin:

8 minutes after you engage reheats and climb through FL260 you're flying at Mach 1.7 (twice as fast as those Boeings) and reheats are switched off. But Concorde has so much power it can still climb and accelerate without reheats. Even a Eurofighter can't do that! You reach Mach 2 at FL500 around 30-45 mins after departure depending on the airport.

At Mach 2 you're flying at 1,350mph - even faster with a tailwind. I clocked 1440mph returning from JFK a couple of weeks ago with a strong jet stream.

And then there's the descent starting around 200nm from your destination. The aircraft slows to 360kts IAS before starting a 2,000fpm descent which steepens to 4000fpm once Mach 1.5 is reached. At Mach 1 throttles are reduced to idle and the descent rate increases up to 7000fpm. And not a drop of champagne is spilt! :cool: This is nothing like how an Airbus or Boeing operates so it's a real buzz to be doing everything whilst travelling so fast.

The descent needs careful planning but I've just completed a flight from LPPD (Azores) to Lisbon and landed 1h 03m after take-off. Climbed up to FL580 and descended down to approach altitude and speed in that time. You don't get bored. Too much to monitor and check.

If you're bored of driving a Ford try a Formula 1 equivalent. :Big Grin:

Well, yeah that is nothing like the Boeings and 'buses that's for sure. I would think that -7000fpm would be an... interesting ride to say the least..  :nea:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I own the original FSLabs Concord-X. The price is what it is and I am not here to criticize. Myself, I'm not  interested at purchasing another concord at this very steep price so I will pass.  I do look forward to the A320.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Ray, you're not that far from where ...eight days a week... came out from, so you gained a day to spend with your family! :smile:

Liverpool is 35 miles to the west. Great city. Home to the Beatles and Liverpool FC. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Especially Liverpool FC

League Cup here we come! Pity it could not have been a Merseyside get-together in 'The Smoke'!

if I am supposed to buy a product again in 2016 at a premium price, I expect a VC that lives up to 2016 standards.

I bought it, but I must say I tend to agree.

David Porrett

I bought it, but I must say I tend to agree.

Gents,

Have either of you seen a Concorde flight deck in real life? I have and please believe me when I say what you see in ConcordeX is as accurate as it's possible to get.

What do you mean by 2016 standards? Concorde was built in the 60s. You're not going to get weather radar etc. There is a TCAS instrument as required by US regulations.

This is the view of the panel of G-BOAC at Manchester, England. A pretty good match I would argue.

G-BOAC-CaptainSide.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Is that your cap on the dashboard, Ray? :wink:

I wish!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Gents,

Have either of you seen a Concorde flight deck in real life? I have and please believe me when I say what you see in ConcordeX is as accurate as it's possible to get.

What do you mean by 2016 standards? Concorde was built in the 60s. You're not going to get weather radar etc. There is a TCAS instrument as required by US regulations.

Hi Ray,

yes, I've seen the cockpit of the Concorde in the museum in Sinsheim (Germany). I can only talk about the original Concorde X, which I bought last year. The VC is indeed very accurate, but especially the 3D modelling of the switches on the overhead panel is rather crude by 2016 standards. I also was a bit surprised that the flight engineer switches can only be operated in 2D panels. I was aware that I bought a plane that was created around 2010, so I did not expect more and was happy about my purchase. However, it never was my favourite plane because I just couldn't get used to the optics of the VC.

I am only willing to pay $80 (again!) for a plane that would bring me as much pleasure as the Majestic Dash 8. If the VC is really the same, the new Concorde X would not fall into that category for me.

Peter