Sign in to follow this  
DAVEEBEE1969

Business jet for P3D?

Do you guys still buy this stuff from Carenado, seriously after all the disappointments you're still first in line ?

Amazing.

Do you guys still buy this stuff from Carenado, seriously after all the disappointments you're still first in line ?

Amazing.

Glynn - It's possible that some people enjoy different things.

The visual models on Carenado's are usually wonderful and if the systems are modeled "enough" that's often times plenty of detail for a large segment of people.

The visual models on Carenado's are usually wonderful and if the systems are modeled "enough"

You know it's entirely possible to model systems "enough" and still have them operate something like the aircraft they are modelled after.

Simplification is one thing (and not a bad thing) but to have key systems such as FLC not working properly is poor.

And it is release after release, they just don't care, but possibly they know their market doesn't care either.

Glad you enjoy them though, each to their own.

Glad you enjoy them though, each to their own.

Thanks Glynn!

Cheers

The new Carenado CJ2 is about to drop today or tomorrow according to the Twitterverse

Edit:

Sennett says no chance of it happening anytime soon...

Eyes peeled...

But, Carenado has just updated their facebook page and now have the CJ2 as their home facebook photo. Seven new screenshots have been added and the announcement is tada drumroll

CARENADO CITATION CJ2 for FSX/P3D

APPROACHING DESTINATION.....

COMING VERY SOON!!!

I don't think I will be updating my signature to add the VERY.  :Tounge:

hmmmm.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Amazing.

For me the only disappointment from Carenado is their G1000 integration other than that I wasn't disappointed because my expectations were never too high. From time to time I just want a relaxed flight and Carenado offers (for me) just right amount of system depth for that. After a days work I'm not always in the mood for PMDG & Co. But if you expect A2A and PMDG level of simulation, of course you'll be disappointed, but you can't blame Carenado for that.

Amazing.
No I don't, saving my money for the Mustang P3D.  It still looks good, fly well and none of the Carenado griefs.  Food for thought: I would have buy more Carenado for the eye candies and so so system had they price their offering accordingly.  It's ridiculous to ask in the 50 bucks range and put :db: themselves in the same league as ESDG or F1.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I run the C-X out of Friday harbour regularly. You need to reduce weight by reducing the  fuel load but it is fine....and fun. I've set 5200# fuel.

From time to time I just want a relaxed flight and Carenado offers (for me) just right amount of system depth for that. After a days work I'm not always in the mood for PMDG & Co.

There is nothing in our complex aircraft such as the Citaion X that REQUIRES full, on flight plan building, and FMS/CDU operation.

We can and do fly the CX2.0 using AP, Heading, Nav functions in a simplistic, default and relaxed manner in testing, and even when too tired to go "realistic" :wink:

• Upvote 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

We always wonder why folks don't think through what's being said..

Can I get a loud AMEN!!

:smile:

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

We always wonder why folks don't think through what's being said..

There is nothing in our complex aircraft such as the Citaion X that REQUIRES full, on flight plan building, and FMS/CDU operation.

We can and do fly the CX2.0 using AP, Heading, Nav functions in a simplistic, default and relaxed manner in testing, and even when too tired to go "realistic" :wink:

I also own your amazing Citation X and I'm going to buy the Mustang. You know, choices.

If one of my reasons is what I said I don't know what's wrong with that. Since Carenado planes are not so in-depth as your offerings the only way I can use them is for co-called "relaxed" flights. My only point was if your expectations are not too high regarding the depth of simulation than Caenado stuff is ok too, don't see any reason for regrets. It was not my intention to say that in-depth stuff is too complex to use it for relaxed after work flying ;)

My only point was if your expectations are not too high regarding the depth of simulation than Caenado stuff is ok too, don't see any reason for regrets.

Observing similar posts, we've heard what seems likes scores of folks with "lowered system expectations" howling loudly about truthfulness regarding what an offering claims vs actual delivery on the claim.

Still others state, that even the basic functionaliy of a "claimed system inclusion falls woefully short" and approaches the point of "non usability" for the relaxed flight experience.

The point is not to bash developers of basic systems level aircraft but rather hold their feet to the fire on claims that do not hold up under scrutiny, not to mention pricing levels. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Amazing.

I do buy Carenado planes. Just not on release date, Most times I tweak or reprogram some of their gauges and add GTN conversions. (That's half the fun for me, been heavy programming for 40+ years now!)

When I sim, I fly whatever I'm in the mood for.  From the Trike or a Float or a Bush Plane with no FP to a Full Procedure Turboprop or Business Jet.  (No tubes for me anymore). If at the middle of a flight I feel like I can improve a plane, a panel or an airport I do so, and restart if necessary.

My real job is critical, and this is a hobby: So, Only I know what I enjoy.

Different strokes for different folks.

Ohhh Great...   wish I really was excited,   Who is going to be first with a report?  Especially regards nav...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png