Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

I won't believe any of this 64-bit P3D until I see it or actually hear a news release from Lockheed. Like Mike said in the comments section:

"Sounds like a staged ploy concocted by P3D (Lockheed Martin) to make people pump the brakes on moving over to XP11. I’ll believe all this snake oil hype when I actually see it with my own eyes. This isn’t a leak, it’s an attempt to prevent people from moving to XPlane. Does anyone believe differently? I’m not falling for it. As of right now XP11 blows the doors off of P3D v 3.4 even in it’s beta stage. Good luck Lockheed playing catch up."

This I would actually believe is being done. Why? Because if 64-P3D were true and in the works why would Lockheed keep it a secret? Why not promote the product that's coming? Maybe they are so far behind a 64-bit release they WANT people to wait..and wait...and wait instead of moving to X11.

Somethings not right in the Lockheed PR department if even any of this is true news. Maybe just clickbait. 

• Upvote 5

Why do people always make the assumption that you "move on" to one sim or the other? Why is it impossible to use more than one? ...

Why do people always make the assumption that you "move on" to one sim or the other? Why is it impossible to use more than one? ...

Sure if you don't mind constantly shelling out money for different products. My big issues with switching sims is addons. I can't bring my favorite planes into xplane and while I don't want to buy pmdg planes twice I am not sure I should move from fsx:se to p3d and purchase new weather engines etc if LM is on the verge of releasing an updated sim. Seems better to hold out and wait so I'm only paying LM once. 

This I would actually believe is being done. Why? Because if 64-P3D were true and in the works why would Lockheed keep it a secret? Why not promote the product that's coming? Maybe they are so far behind a 64-bit release they WANT people to wait..and wait...and wait instead of moving to X11.

This is definitely the cynical outlook. As a cynic, I'd be inclined to grant some merit to this theory but, speaking of theories, I'll follow Occam's Razor here: LM simply doesn't engage in any pre-release PR. They ND all of their folks and beta testers up to their necks and then they release their product and tell you what's what.

That's all that I think is going on.

• Upvote 1

LOL at EddieB. Like Lockheed Martin cares what Laminar Research does with XP11. The developers of Aerofly FS 2 and DTG Flight Sim care about losing market share to XP11 and well they should.

• Upvote 3

LOL at EddieB. Like Lockheed Martin cares what Laminar Research does with XP11. The developers of Aerofly FS 2 and DTG Flight Sim care about losing market share to XP11 and well they should.

Replace LM in my post with Aerofly FS2 or DTG Flight Sim and it makes even more of a point. Your correct though, they should be concerned.

I'm on X-Plane 10 and 11 at the moment, but I also have tons of stuff for FSX and Prepar3D, so I definitely am interested in a 64bit P3D if/when it comes and has a fair amount of backwards compatibility and/or free updates from the addon devs.

But for sure we won't get the Ubersim just because LM moves to 64Bit. Just like with X-Plane 64bits, there will still be stutters and OOMs if we demand more than our systems can deliver, so all sliders to the right will still be impossible even on the highest end systems (unless LM deliberately caps the settings ).

Just a question: If LMis a business that sells billions and billions of dollars, why would they care about Xplane? I hardly think the sim market has given them 1/1000th of an F35 jet.

On topic: I'm excited for a 64 bit version so I can NOT OOM coming into the NYC area with a complex aircraft. I have modest settings on a 3 month old PC and I would like to not hear the dreaded ding.

Moving ahead technology-wise seems to be the best way to get closer to getting as real as it gets. I don't have an unlimited budget, but the supposition that the P3D upgrade for scenery will be modest (thanks devs!) the problems will begin at some aircraft developers. From what I've heard the price of an upgrade ranges from free to "buy the plane... again". Most of us did not buy thousands of dollars in addons overnight. Whether P3D v4 is 64 bit or no, no one is forcing us to buy everything all at once and P3D v3 won't stop working. Upgrade at your pace and within your budget.

I'm looking forward to advancing.

• Upvote 4

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I won't believe any of this 64-bit P3D until I see it or actually hear a news release from Lockheed. Like Mike said in the comments section:

"Sounds like a staged ploy concocted by P3D (Lockheed Martin) to make people pump the brakes on moving over to XP11. I’ll believe all this snake oil hype when I actually see it with my own eyes. This isn’t a leak, it’s an attempt to prevent people from moving to XPlane. Does anyone believe differently? I’m not falling for it. As of right now XP11 blows the doors off of P3D v 3.4 even in it’s beta stage. Good luck Lockheed playing catch up."

Somethings not right in the Lockheed PR department if even any of this is true news. Maybe just clickbait

While I agree that it doesn't make sense to believe something before your see it (or in this case get some kind of confirmation), it's just as nonsensical to concoct a paranoid conspiracy theory with absolutely zero evidence.

It's clear you haven't been following all of the other information foreshadowing a 64-bit release of P3D, and furthermore, you don't seem to understand how LM operates. 

Relax. LM isn't a threat to X-Plane.

Or is it?

Mwaahahaha  :Devil:

Can't wait to see what happens over the next few years.

Just a question: If LMis a business that sells billions and billions of dollars, why would they care about Xplane? I hardly think the sim market has given them 1/1000th of an F35 jet.

On topic: I'm excited for a 64 bit version so I can NOT OOM coming into the NYC area with a complex aircraft. I have modest settings on a 3 month old PC and I would like to not hear the dreaded ding.

Moving ahead technology-wise seems to be the best way to get closer to getting as real as it gets. I don't have an unlimited budget, but the supposition that the P3D upgrade for scenery will be modest (thanks devs!) the problems will begin at some aircraft developers. From what I've heard the price of an upgrade ranges from free to "buy the plane... again". Most of us did not buy thousands of dollars in addons overnight. Whether P3D v4 is 64 bit or no, no one is forcing us to buy everything all at once and P3D v3 won't stop working. Upgrade at your pace and within your budget.

I'm looking forward to advancing.

Which developers are saying we need to buy planes again? 

• Upvote 1

While I agree that it doesn't make sense to believe something before your see it (or in this case get some kind of confirmation), it's just as nonsensical to concoct a paranoid conspiracy theory with absolutely zero evidence.

I hope your not a religious person :P  I'm all full of conspiracies :Silly:  . When there's such a small sim market to begin with and the major players have competition, yes rumors good and bad will begin flying (no pun intended).

The fact someone states in the original facebook post X11 by name and no other sim out there is what is throwing the red flag with me. ORBX stated they are big players with LM and the plans they had to move into the X-plane market have stopped, The reason I think is because I can download all the ortho scenery I want for free. Fly over any part of the world exactly as it looks in real life. ORBX would have zero to little market in that aspect and the reason they absolutely don't want people to switch and wait for P3DV4.

Anyways, I have P3DV3, FSX, X-plane10 and 11 with huge amounts of addons for all. They are all lacking in one aspect or another. We all know the faults of each one. If LM is making something definite, I really hope they pull off what we can all hope to be the perfect sim we all looking for. I do love diversity and conspiracy theories.  :Bug:

With loving kindness....

• Upvote 1

Oh, come on. Prepar3D is not a threat to X-Plane - or vice-versa!

In my opinion, Prepar3D and X-Plane, cater to two different markets and simmer populations.

Those who like to fly IFR, tubeliners and simulate commercial traffic/pilot routines choose Prepar3D and those who like flying IFR, bush-flying and GA planes choose X-Plane, because that's where X-Plane truly shines... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Wow !

Lots of extra posts while I slept at night...

Nice to read from JV that V4 is using Orbx stuff in its RTM version.

At least that is how I read it..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip