Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

Just so this post does not take a turn toward hopeful, Let me rush to say Prepar3d Ver 4.0 64 bit is not going to run on our Iphones so there you have it...Lockheed Martin has let us down again!! Let the complaining begain!! :P

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Interesting, change of heart or change in p3dv4 I wonder?

I don't see a reason for a wonder. When XPlane went 64 bits within the XP10 cycle, they basically added a 64 bits executable and that was it. All base scenery was reused from the same directory it was living in before and quite a number of addon sceneries worked as well.

Of course all executable code like dlls had to be reworked, but otherwise that was it. 

Issues might appear for makers not following recent SDKs, but this was clearly stated before.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Interesting. I thought that all files in simple scenery add-ons (including textures) would need to be converted to allow them to run in a 64-bit environment, making previous add-ons totally incompatible. That's apparently not the case.

If they don't change the scenery structure, basic engine, then there is no reason why we couldn't add a scenery containing BGL/DDS files. Problems start with aircraft...

Oh and they better put in a good recording tool that recordes all movement, i mean its a NEED for everybody,

Never needed one, can't see that changing any  time soon.

I own (and enjoy) the complete ORBX collection. This is like x-mas and easter on one day. 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!

Kind regards, Michael

:wink:

Furthermore it looks like the Orbx library will be ready on day-1. When asked about how long it will take to convert the sceneries, JV said...

"There will be no wait, FTXCv3 will do it all for you. That capability has already been added to the current build of FTXC which you have now.  That's all I can say, please don't push any further"

Now I am starting to consider the possibility that v4 is not 64-bit.  :Tounge: 

c'mon guys it gotta be a 64 bit platform, wouldn't be stupid of LM not releasing it as a 64 bit. It would be a very very big disappointment if it's just another 32 bit simulator.

ORBX upgrade for P3D v4 will be free of charge :)

ORBX was the first to talk about it, then that post about beta tester, then Aerosoft, now ORBX again... hope it really is 64bit version :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/130828-no-upgrade-fee-for-orbx-products-for-next-version-of-p3d/

Nice find now thats different from what they originally said that must be a relief for many - well done Orbx

Rich Sennett

I think the biggest surprise will be that P3Dv4 will not be getting any point release updates. Hotfixes only. Unofficially, of course.

I think the biggest surprise will be that P3Dv4 will not be getting any point release updates. Hotfixes only. Unofficially, of course.

Don't know if true or not but I would think that most would not be all that surprised. LM spent a good bit of time redoing the files and made very strong statement that Dev need to use latest SDK and file set ups because things are going to change. Those changes appear to be coming pretty soon.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I got the information from a trusted source. I wasn't given a time frame, but i imagine it will not happen before V4 hits the servers.

If LM do announce v4 in the Spring, you can bet that the release will occur shortly after.

I dont understand why we are talking about for better lighting or what ever.
In the past few years fsx was alive because of some addon companies that took the risk to bypass many limitations of the engine and made fsx to look amazing and more realistic.
The main reason i am writing here :

-Will this 64 bit version have better
-"better realistic flight dynamics,flight models etc?
-Realistic weather with real turbelence ,clouds thunderstroms affecting aircraft ?

-"Dynamic Effect Engine" like ice accumulation affecting perfomance like speed ,weight even with a stall?,What about hail which can damage windshield,engines ?icing,contaminated runways affect braking action etc

-"Dynamic Crash Engine" like overspeed stall,broken aircraft,fires etc?
-Eye-candy visuals like raining drops on the windshield in the virtual cockpit etc

-Sloped Runways affecting rolling ,perfomance

-What about a database to update all airports with  all the  new buildings,marking,runways etc?
-Perfomance for low end users
-Better ground friction modeling

-Easy to fly the north pole,antarctica with magnetic variance etc

• Upvote 2

I agree with you Mihalis that it would be nice to get some actual, real functionality improvements. I would bet that v4 will end up being another eyecandy upgrade along with the move to 64bit, and not much else. Which is still great, but it would definitely highlight the continued stagnation of the platform's core simulation components.

• Upvote 4