Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

P3D v 4 in beta?

Boy he left that door open - thought it was cut and dry - guess not - good luck guys

Like any sensible businessman would do over two years ago and a long way from this year!

He might have a better idea now...now where is that QOTSII thread...

• Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I'm in a sort of limbo at the moment..i want to buy something..just having the 64bit rumours in the background are making me think i should wait.

i'd rather install it once than have to do it ll again (friday)??..you see my dilemma.guess i will know in a few days.

steve

Im in the same boat.  So far I'm remaining in the boat of 'waiting'.  Certainly not going to drop good coin on something just to find out "well guys, sorry but we need a full re-work and are going to charge full price" - which i totally would understand if that were to be the case (although I can't see a FULL re-work of aircraft need, then again Im, no programmer).  I'd have no problem paying for a 64bit NGX lets say as Ive gotten numerous years of use out of her, but I'm certainly not going to pay twice so soon.

• Upvote 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I think a few people need to get a life and calm down. For goodness sake, in the end all it is, is a computer game and some around the community are carrying on like it is life or death. There are more important things to get out of shape about.

It will be OK David....People just mostly having a little fun.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just so that we're clear .. the order is ... first, calm down ... then get a life.

I think a few people need to get a life and calm down

I'm already very happy with how v3 is working for me.  For an obsessed dork like me, it's hard to calm down about a new 64bit Prepar3d.

• Upvote 2

Just so that we're clear .. the order is ... first, calm down ... then get a life.

I'm already very happy with how v3 is working for me.  For an obsessed dork like me, it's hard to calm down about a new 64bit Prepar3d.

Ha! Yeah me too.

spacer.png

I'm just happy that I hold off from installing v3 on my new 7700K system. Hopefully v4 64bit will come out soon and I'll happily get it installed along with the free 64bit upgrade of Orbx. 

I do sincerely hope v4 incorporates sth like open street map for cities. XP11 although far from being perfect its OSM-based cities are just miles ahead of FSX way of hard-baked textures. 

If LM can also tweak the lighting to make the environment feel brighter and more color natural that'll be just perfect... 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

in the end all it is, is a computer game

Yeah that's like saying all the Peruvian white powder is, is another amide anesthetic :nea: .  We're talking significant addiction potential here!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

:shok:  And I was under the impression all - except Bob C. - were already on XP11 exclusively.

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

:shok:  And I was under the impression all - except Bob C. - were already on XP11 exclusively.

We'll probably all come back if P3d V4 is 64 bit and is as good as the rumors say it is. 

• Upvote 1

not if its just 64bit and no major overhaul. 

We'll probably all come back if P3d V4 is 64 bit and is as good as the rumors say it is. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

Of course not.

Creating some type of 32 bit 64 bit hybrid (which is possible) might be an option. That approach was used by other major video software developers (Adobe, Sony) to ease the transition. Adobe decided to spawn multiple 32 bit exe files that communicated with each other. Sony created one 32 bit exe that could call legacy 32 bit DLLs and communicate with the 64 bit main app. Both of these efforts only lasted a short time as they created a lot of unnecessary overhead. ESRI took a similar approach with ArcGIS. The main app remained 32 bit but it spawned a 64 bit exe to that was designed to do memory intensive tasks. 

Well we are even getting Youtube videos about Friday now :) Rob says 1 thing about Friday and bangs its official LOL

From EGFF to YSSY

Well we are even getting Youtube videos about Friday now :) Rob says 1 thing about Friday and bangs its official LOL

pppfff, yeah i saw it, rob what have you done man  :ph34r:

This is taking rumors to whole new level now.  Wow,  Rob next time make some crazy outlandish comments and see if you get to more on websites and youtube videos.  You have to monetize your celebrity status in the flighsim world (since I brought this idea, I will take 10% of the monetization)

I should like to add to the rumor mill...that P3Dv4 will have home automation dlls built in (similar to apple ios homekit) and these new dlls will enable me to link a bell in my kitchen to the request flight crew button/bell/switch in the sim...that way my girl can bring me my food when I am simming.  I have a credible source - I know a guy, and he knows a guy, and that guy knows a guy who is in the LM beta 64 Bit Beta/QA Team.

P3Dv4 automation dlls will enable me to link my toaster too that way while I throttle up in sim, it will raise the temp settings of my toaster.  

Yes, there will be all kinds of new apps and what not.

Enjoy.

PS - This thread is getting out of hand, and I know I am not helping here at all. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)