Sign in to follow this  
Woozie

There's actually a major PFPX update coming!

This is not a drill, i repeat, this is not a drill!

PFPX is getting its first major update since about two years, bringing SIGMET overlays and enroute wind analysis. Not much know about other features though, but i'm glad to see that develpment hasnt ceased for PFPX. Now if only a certain other well known addon from the same company would finally receive some love....but i may be putting too much hope into this one

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129325-any-word-on-pfpx-update/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-907143

• Like 4

Simbrief does most of that for free if I am not mistaken. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

Now if only a certain other well known addon from the same company would finally receive some love.

Hello, many thanks for your info re PFPX. Me too I hope TOPCAT development could resume.

- TONY -

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Simbrief does most of that for free if I am not mistaken. 

I thought we were talking about PFPX though...

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

14 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I thought we were talking about PFPX though...

How can you mention one without mentioning the other?

I use Simbrief now all the time, but with the update coming, I may bring my PFPX off of the shelf and dust it.

13 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

I use Simbrief now all the time, but with the update coming, I may bring my PFPX off of the shelf and dust it.

Same here.

David Porrett

Simbrief is alright. But I can't stand their OFP formats, the fact you can't set an proper max auto payload, use different reserve fuel policies etc.

I'm glad to see an update to PFPX though. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Theyve been trying to sell pfpx  to commercial operators for a couple of years under another name. 

A mate of mine trialled it for at his airline. They liked it but went for Lido instead. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Pete's comments reflect how customizable and accurate PFPX really is.  I have always maintained that with a carefully created PFPX profile it is entirely possible (not permissible) to flight plan an actual 747-436 to the far reaches of the globe and arrive with appropriate fuel remaining.  I appreciate the ways PFPX can be tailored to MY desires.

SimBrief is a wonderful and free option, but my choice remains PFPX.  It is always GREAT to have a choice. I too look forward to PFPX's evolution.

C

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

This is good to hear - as far as customisation & integration with aircraft go, PFPX is hard to beat.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

PFPX is really good if you know how to use it properly. Really a must have imo. 

• Like 3

Eric 

I've really become a huge fan of Simbrief over the past few months, but I love PFPX and news of this update is very welcome.  I'll more than likely be going back to PFPX but it's no bad thing to have two options.

On 10/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, cavaricooper said:

Pete's comments reflect how customizable and accurate PFPX really is.  I have always maintained that with a carefully created PFPX profile it is entirely possible (not permissible) to flight plan an actual 747-436 to the far reaches of the globe and arrive with appropriate fuel remaining.  I appreciate the ways PFPX can be tailored to MY desires.

SimBrief is a wonderful and free option, but my choice remains PFPX.  It is always GREAT to have a choice. I too look forward to PFPX's evolution.

C

It was either PPS or flightkeys but I forget which one is PFPS re branded for commercial operations...from memory is very very similar to pfpx... i could be wrong 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png