Sign in to follow this  
mr340

Does anyone use Track IR anymore ?

I know with all VR function in P3D V4 many might have stop using  Track IR , but I still find the need to use my track ir again on certain flights . For those using Track IR have you notice any improvement? What have you done to make your Track IR experience more enjoyable ? 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I don't think I will ever go VR. If the day arrives when only VR support becomes available, I'll drop these flight simulation games and stick to ELITE...

About 1,5 yrs ago my TIR broke too. I missed it because I was then actively playing IL2 Battle of Stalingrad and DCS World, but with time I got used to the good-old collie hat, mouse, ... It worked ok.

3 weeks ago I ordered EdTracker, am using it with Opentrack free software, and very satisfied. It works great in P3D and work ok too in XP11, and in IL2.

For around 1/5th of the price, I'm served, and don't depend on a camera, hence do not ave the usual window daylight problems I used to have with TIR.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I bought one a couple months ago and don't know if I would recommend it. I find it kind of twitchy and bothers my eyes. I fly primarily jet liners and just as easy panning around with the mouse and hat switch. Taxiing is about the only time I use it. Kind of an expensive toy IMO.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

1 minute ago, PATCO LCH said:

I find it kind of twitchy and bothers my eyes.

Same here. I finally gave up on it and don't miss it at all. Chaseplane is completely satisfactory for my viewpoint needs...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I use it quite often even nowadays but depends on what flying. Usually when on airliners I leave it off. Literally you don't need it there that much cause of the style of flight. But when real flying is on the list like throwing a T6 around Reno racing online with our VA pilots or on GA on short scenic hops and tight small fields where you really benefit from it I really still appreciate it. But as most stuff in our great hobby very subjective. Btw I did not tweak it that much... Smooth setting with slightly changed curves.

Cheers T.

23 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

I bought one a couple months ago and don't know if I would recommend it. I find it kind of twitchy and bothers my eyes. I fly primarily jet liners and just as easy panning around with the mouse and hat switch. Taxiing is about the only time I use it. Kind of an expensive toy IMO.

That's my experience with Track IR 5 . I have uninstall it since all the wire seem uncomfortable to me with the trackclip pro + my head set . The folks I know have the best experience with track ir flying general aviation aircrafts .   

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

TrackIR is great in smooth, fast-paced fighter sims like DCS or IL-2. However, I find it cumbersome and downright awful to use in a lot of civilian sims with their performance. Just panning around at around 30FPS feels really unpleasant, plus the POV-hat or the mouse works just as well just to look down and hit 2 switches.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Have had Track IR for years and years. Stopped using it when I started flying airliners. More trouble than it's worth. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Had it for years but now only fly VR. Like the OP hinted at, it's now outdated tech, mostly. 

• Like 1

I still use it. At the point that VR has decent resolution along with good performance I'm sure I'll switch to that but for now it's Track IR.

NAX669.png

I use it for airliners but only when taxiing. Its kinda of okd tech but its nice to have aroubs i guess. I probably wouldn't buy it again if it broke though

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Been using TIR since 2012 and couldn’t fly without it.🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I thought it was just me and my settings. I do not like using trackir in airliners. Gives me a headache 

Orman

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

Always

+1

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]