Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

P3DV5 HF next week

3 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

I personally don't think any software is bug free either, one can expect visual bugs that's a given. But to have stuff just not work properly in the core is just not right. It's a flight sim. You should be able to take off, fly and land without crashing into stuff you can't even see. That's basic surely?

It is a new release, it has bugs, they are being fixed.. you do not have to buy it first week of release if you would rather wait for the fixed version :happy:

• Upvote 1

Bert

To be perfectly honest Bert, I didn't KNOW it was a new release. Some old friends got in touch, and I just bought it on impulse thinking it was a "Mature" version of the P3D that started back when I was on FSX. I got all my scenery re-downloaded, and replaced my most precious planes within a couple of days, so I'm now invested I suppose. I guess I just need to ride out the storm, but I'm so bloody frustrated right now, I've crashed into nothing three times today.

14 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Name the software released without bugs.  If you name any  you are mistaken.

This is a $199 professional-level simulation tool.  This is not a $30 Steam Early Access game release, or even a $50 CoD game (do those still sell for $50? LOL).  Standards for this category of software are a wee bit higher.

I do appreciate that L-M has acknowledged and is working on the bugs. I am certain they will get the major show-stoppers addressed, and certainly when it works the software is impressive in terms of visual improvements and performance.

But in the past it has taken until vx.2 or x.3 for some features to be properly worked out, and for other features issues were never fully addressed until the following full version.  This is not a solid track record, and it is perfectly legitimate to express concern.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

15 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I still do not understand why Lockheed Martin needed to release Prepar3D v5 before the major bugs had been sorted out

Internal deadlines? I think this is the longest release between major versions? Maybe they had management on their case about being behind.

Edited by NZ255

1 hour ago, gaab said:

Unfortunatly I got one at SKBG Palonegro :(with ORBX LC South America) 😞 but Pasto is awesome 🙂

Waiting patiently for the fix .... and will not go back to 4.5. I never had a so pleasant flight experience : 30fps smooth with a lot of slider to the right, even in very heavy ORBX regions.

Gérard

I'm assuming you installed the mesh also? https://orbxdirect.com/product/olcmesh-sa

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

56 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

To be perfectly honest Bert, I didn't KNOW it was a new release. Some old friends got in touch, and I just bought it on impulse thinking it was a "Mature" version of the P3D that started back when I was on FSX. I got all my scenery re-downloaded, and replaced my most precious planes within a couple of days, so I'm now invested I suppose. I guess I just need to ride out the storm, but I'm so bloody frustrated right now, I've crashed into nothing three times today.

I share your frustration.. I crashed on approach three times today in a 2.5 hour multiplayer flight.. I am pretty sure that this will get fixed, and you will be happy that you took the jump :smile:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I share your frustration.. I crashed on approach three times today in a 2.5 hour multiplayer flight.. I am pretty sure that this will get fixed, and you will be happy that you took the jump :smile:

We all hope so ... PD3 V5 promises good things. Hopefully LM will promote it "the beginning of many changes"

12 hours ago, PurdueKev said:

This is a $199 professional-level simulation tool.  This is not a $30 Steam Early Access game release, or even a $50 CoD game (do those still sell for $50? LOL).  

Paying 199$ entitles you to what exactly!? 

It is and has always been the same with P3D. The first version has some bugs and they get fixed pretty fast. Get over it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PurdueKev said:

This is a $199 professional-level simulation tool.  This is not a $30 Steam Early Access game release, or even a $50 CoD game (do those still sell for $50? LOL).  Standards for this category of software are a wee bit higher.

You can also purchase it for $60 you know. Not talking about you personally but it's like some people deliberately miss the academic license and mention the high price tag of the professional license for hyperbole's sake.

(And why is $50 for a CoD game now also not appropriate anymore?)

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

56 minutes ago, swiesma said:

It is and has always been the same with P3D. The first version has some bugs and they get fixed pretty fast. Get over it. 

Generally I think you are right and a few bugs are always in and ok.

But honestly this time they rushed it out and a few bugs do make the sim completely unusable for some of us:

• Airplanes "hitting the ground" out of a sudden/unpredictable. Taxi, Start, Fly and Landing is the flight process...which isn´t always possible to do so
  • VR didn´t work at all for a lot of users
  • Some AMD graficcards users have "always" CTD´s and can´t use their sim at all 

These "things" should have being avoided in my eyes. I would like to say "this is not accpetable" and a "mistake" to confrontate your customers without informing them that there are "known" issues or at least they "expect" some issues but promiss to fix them within a couple of weeks via a hotfix. Not a single word was lost about this. 

Expectations should have being managed and avoid/reduce negative reactions!

A lot of other "bugs" are in there, which more ore less are not nice, but don´t make the sim "unusable".

Also selling a full compatible TrueSky which isn´t usable in VR....and BETA.....should have made clear BEFORE/WITH Release. This was a surprise......negative one.

Also some devs stated they don´t understand why LM "put this on the market" so early. They let us know that there where some bugs known before release and whished LM to fix them! 

So I can understand both opinions. I wished they did spend more time on testing and fixing things before golive. 

But that is my opinion.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, swiesma said:

This is a serious question???

Glad you have the luxury to throw around money on products that don't work properly.  If you buy a $199 microwave oven and when you get it home, it doesn't work - you don't think there is justifiable and warranted dissatisfaction with that? (Never mind, it is a rhetorical question... I am well aware that some people just like to argue online, and aren't persuadable...)

Good grief... I suppose I should have remembered that the internet is rife with people who like to tell other people what to do with their money. Have a nice day.

Edited by PurdueKev
  • Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

You can also purchase it for $60 you know. Not talking about you personally but it's like some people deliberately miss the academic license and mention the high price tag of the professional license for hyperbole's sake.

You might want to take a look at the forum sticky that describes why discussion of that topic isn't allowed.

• Like 1

- Kevin

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

I'm surprised they aren't mentioning the $2500 license, to up the dramatic effect even further. 

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

20 hours ago, Mroberts95 said:

People are upset that they cant even complete a flight because they hit an invisible wall so if they want to fly VFR only then sure but flying an airliner etc is a no go right now.

The invisible walls are there in VFR.  Probably 30 percent of my VFR flights have ended in invisible walls.  That bug will be fixed and in the meantime I enjoy smooth DX12 performance and beautifull TrueSky.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Let's stay away from licensing discussions please - I'd like to keep this one open. 🙂

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors