Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

P3DV5 HF next week

3 minutes ago, AviationGaming said:

My GPU has 2 GB of vram. It' gives me around 15-20 FPS in p3dv4.

The minimum for V5 is 4gb and even then you are gonna have far left sliders 

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

I understand, It still is better than not being able to fly. Everyone laughs at me because I have a potato computer, but it still runs just fine. I am currently working to save up for a new one, but due to the coronavirus I cannot work until september.

• Like 3

Just now, AviationGaming said:

I understand, It still is better than not being able to fly. Everyone laughs at me because I have a potato computer, but it still runs just fine. I am currently working to save up for a new one, but due to the coronavirus I cannot work until september.

Unfortunately there will not be a change for LM for V5. I would have refunded once you knew the specs. Just gotta wait til you can afford a better PC and fly in V4 for now.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

24 minutes ago, AviationGaming said:

I am currently working to save up for a new one, but due to the coronavirus I cannot work until september.

Good for you and seriously, I wish you the best of luck getting through this crazy time.  Stay the course - it only gets better from here.  Think about how pleased you will be when you get to smoother frames and a faster PC!  Something to look forward to.  I admire your courage and dedication.  And don't let the trolls discourage you.  

cheers, 

• Like 4

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

37 minutes ago, AviationGaming said:

I am certainly not laughing at you. The GPU in my old PC (used up to January this year) was a 2GB GTX 770, and I ran P3Dv4 pretty well with Scenery Complexity and Autogen sliders full right, and 16x AF/4x SSAA @ 1920x1080 resolution.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, v5 has made it a new ballgame. Lot's of new techniques becoming available due to improved hardware. However for some v4.5 is still a great sim.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, AviationGaming said:

That should coincide nicely with the new range of graphics cards being released.

Ian S

38.jpg

Has LM said when the hotfixes are coming? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

10 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

This week. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

10 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

no

16 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Coming this week. They said yesterday it was being tested and finalized so I imagine either Thursday or Friday. Maybe tomorrow if were lucky

Edited by Mroberts95

Mark Roberts 

On 4/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Sethos said:

Terrible analogy for this situation, as v5 works just fine, has issues like any other piece of software. Did you also know, all those "new" products you buy are sometimes faulty or have a higher failure rate than expected. That's why they have an RMA department, you have returns, that's why they bring out updated iterations and versions of the same product, plus they use all the knowledge for their next product. It's the cycle of everything, nothing is perfect. 

Actually this approach to releasing new products with minor bugs and flaws is becoming the norm. Look at Tesla as the prime example of this philosophy. New models are assembled mostly by robots, but rather than having a team of humans heavily inspecting and rejecting cars with minor flaws. the cars are sold that way and owners bring them to Tesla service centers. Those flaws are  then corrected. Software bugs are corrected online. In contrast, the cars have no major issues and in the end are quite reliable. Disclaimer: I do not own a Tesla.

• Upvote 1

like  to know  what addon  that  comes  out  that has  no  bugs  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

These are very basic bugs that should have been picked up during Beta testing. What were the testers doing????

Cheers

Steve Hall