Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Carenado

15 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Glad to "see" you again, Rich. I remember you taught me how to make repaints out of those beautiful Carenado models, like the Shrike, the Dornier Do-228, and some others just after their release back in 2016.

Cheers, Ed

Forgot about that Ed 🙂 good old days 

Rich Sennett

I predict Carenado will flood the MSFS market with their fleet of GA aircraft.  I would like to think that they will fix the bugs, but based on their history, they will continue to release aircraft that look absolutely stunning, but with inadequate or inaccurate systems modeling.  There is an old adage that says "it is impossible for a leopard to change its spots."

• Like 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'd be prepared to go with their Beech 18 and Cessna 185 Bush as they are pretty unique...but I'd wait for reviews first.

• Like 1

They have a few more pics up on FSElite.  I know what I'm getting but I'm highly certain I'll buy that Mooney.  I like glass when its well done, but the default G3000's/G5000/G3X is probably going to be "meh."  So I'd be happy to have a fast analogue plane.  Hopefully some day RXP joins the fun with a GNS530 or GTN 🙂

I'm guessing the default "GNS530" won't be great....so I'll be flying airways until RXP enters the scene.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

23 hours ago, vc10man said:

'Aircrafts'? 'Carendoh'? Who are they, a new developer?🤣

I know it shouldn't but it really does bug me when people add an S onto aircraft. 😞 sends me all of a quiver.

28 minutes ago, martin-w said:

I know it shouldn't but it really does bug me when people add an S onto aircraft. 😞 sends me all of a quiver.

What sends ME into a quiver is native ENGLISH speakers typing "should of". I notice it all over the place these days!

Example: "She should of picked the red car" 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, martin-w said:

You and me too. Another bugbear of mine is when people here write 'there' instead of 'their', or 'your' instead of  'you're'. Bit like being taught to 'Release Brakes' but instead being too lazy and keeping them on. So, what exactly was the whole purpose of learning?

On a different subject, your valued thoughts, please, on an i7-8086k CPU on an Asus Z390 Rampage Maximus Hero XI+AIO Water Cooled+MSI GTX 1080Ti 11Gb VRAM+G.Skill RipJaws 3600MHz+Benq 32-in UHD + SATA 1Tb SSD+NVme 2Tb for the new sim, if and when I get around to it?

The interior of the Mooney is looking rather dated, worse than the simulator's default aircraft. I hope they will work on that, or at least price it conservatively. I don't have much faith they will optimise it well or fix all the bugs that arise...

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

You and me too.

Don't you mean 'You and I both'? 

Sorry, couldn't resist. 🤣

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

31 minutes ago, Chock said:

Don't you mean 'You and I both'? 

Sorry, couldn't resist. 🤣

No, because I was taught the 'You and I ' only came in if I was taking the blame/responsibility  for something, otherwise I have heard the 'You and me' expression. Small matter of conjecture, all said and done!

• Like 1

We used to have a lot of fun with gullible people at work who were rubbish at grammar when we were writers. Sometimes they'd ask us if they had the apostrophe in the correct place in something they'd written. The conversation would go like this:

'This apostrophe, is it in the right place?'

'The what?'

'The apostrophe, have I got it in the right place?'

'Oh! You mean the apo-stroaf?'

'Is that how it's pronounced?'

'Yeah.'

🤣

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The interior of the Mooney is looking rather dated, worse than the simulator's default aircraft. I hope they will work on that, or at least price it conservatively. I don't have much faith they will optimise it well or fix all the bugs that arise...

I think that's going to be the norm for a little while....  I'm going to guess not many 3rd party devs have a 3d scanner....well not a super nice one like MS had.  Although this normally is for modelling I think.  Texture-wise....they'll have to step up their game.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |