Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

Am I just being overly grumpy

Look.  I understand this is a forum and people should be able to freely express their opinions and what not.  I get that.

But if someone opens a thread about how much they love, this or that, then why is there the need for some to rain on the parade and say....Yeah. but ....and then list their laundry list of grievances.  

I mean really.  

And conversely.  If someone has some actual grievances or issues, do we really need to jump all over the guy and try to dismiss his experience as well? 

I will be the first to admit it.  I love this program, and I am willing to see past a lot of bugs in the product.  So I know I bring a certain bias to the table.  But if someone does have a complaint, let's let them have it.  If it's something fixable, we can try to provide a fix or a workaround, but if it's just a rant.  Let's let them have it.  Let's not jump down their throat because they don't like x y or z.  Let's allow them to be dissatisfied.  

But at the same time, I ask for equal courtesy.  If someone opens a thread sharing how "golden" a flight they had, or shares a screenshot that they took, or is excited for a scenery product.  Can we all just agree not to rain all over their parade?

Maybe I AM being too grumpy.  I don't know.  You guys do what you see fit with this thread and post.  I'm going to spend some time in St. Maarten.  Maybe that will cheer me up.

• Like 18

I completely agree with you.

We all have a combination of love and dissatisfaction with this sim, but I think we should be happy for the people who have wonderful experiences and who want to share their satisfaction with the rest of us.

• Like 1

No, I feel the same. 

I think it’s just different personalities and perspectives. I know that Asobo is in this for the long haul, WANTS to do all-the-things, but it takes time. Others perhaps don’t know how long things take to develop, see that they haven’t prioritised their thing so get word not allowed thinking Asobo doesn’t really care and start to make explainations. They’re only in it for the money, they don’t care, it’s all about the Xbox etc. 

I’m not sure there’s a lot we can do about this thinking. 

It's the nature of the beast. The 'internet', 'forums', life in general. You go with the flow or you fight it at every turn. It's your ulcer, treat how you like. 😀

EDIT: Already two posts above, primed for action. 😏

/Retires to spectator mode

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I think it's a sign of the times during a very miserable year. I find myself angry a lot even though I shouldn't be. It all adds up on us and then it's easy see the bad in everything.  I think we have to step back sometimes and think it will pass. Now if I could only listen to myself.

• Like 3

James

The same reason why most multiplayerer games are ruined by people who have nothing better to do than ruin the experience for others... Human nature I guess!

• Like 2

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

Look.  I understand this is a forum and people should be able to freely express their opinions and what not.  I get that.

But if someone opens a thread about how much they love, this or that, then why is there the need for some to rain on the parade and say....Yeah. but ....and then list their laundry list of grievances.  

I mean really.  

And conversely.  If someone has some actual grievances or issues, do we really need to jump all over the guy and try to dismiss his experience as well? 

I will be the first to admit it.  I love this program, and I am willing to see past a lot of bugs in the product.  So I know I bring a certain bias to the table.  But if someone does have a complaint, let's let them have it.  If it's something fixable, we can try to provide a fix or a workaround, but if it's just a rant.  Let's let them have it.  Let's not jump down their throat because they don't like x y or z.  Let's allow them to be dissatisfied.  

But at the same time, I ask for equal courtesy.  If someone opens a thread sharing how "golden" a flight they had, or shares a screenshot that they took, or is excited for a scenery product.  Can we all just agree not to rain all over their parade?

Maybe I AM being too grumpy.  I don't know.  You guys do what you see fit with this thread and post.  I'm going to spend some time in St. Maarten.  Maybe that will cheer me up.

Im glad you said it. Because i dont hold the development team in high regard at all and i have seen some very defensive posts in response. My thing is, if i see a post praising Asobo i leave it alone.  I have a different opinion so it is pointless for me to participate. I get everyone has their perspective and whomever started the thread is expressing their experience. Good for them im not going into that thread to rain on their parade.

But i have had around two threads locked because i expressed my displeasure about the way Asobo handles things and when the defenders come in I've got no problem responding FIRMLY about my right to express myself as well.

Hopefully other forum members follow the same lead. We all want the sim to work out in the long run. Some are willing to let things slide a little and some arent for various reasons. No need to add fuel to the fire by attacking anyone's opinions. Hopefully everyone will eventually get what they want out of the sim.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

Maybe I AM being too grumpy.  I don't know. 

You know I was thinking....I bet when they let you off the sub at AUTEC...even as crappy as the place was....you we're feeling pretty happy that you had a few days where you didn't have to hot-bunk or generally be cooped up with all your shipmates. 🙂 

I see MSFS the same way....I could certainly be grumpy right now with reinstall woes (just got a new system and reinstalling again after I made the incredibly stupid mistake of letting MS put the app where it wanted the 1st time on the new box)....but I know once it's installed, and I'm flying again, 99% of that strife will be forgotten. 🙂

Am I happy that my beloved @RXP GTN 750 is not available yet? Nope....will continuing to badger @RXP about it...even though I know there is nothing he can do about it....make it better? Nope.  Will a dozen or so other issues that are well-known at this point keep me away from this "screenshot simulator" until they are all addressed? Nope.

Will I continue to enjoy flights with my friend @cavaricooper to wonderful places like Bryce Canyon that our awesome group of freeware modders give us?....
7VEMlh.jpg

Yep. 🙂 

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm loving the sim.... NOW!

To be honest I only fly GA planes so I haven't been subjected to the airliner bugs

BUT I'm only loving the sim NOW because of the Garmin working title mods & aircraft mods.
Before I installed them the stock Garmins frustrated the heck out of me but these mods make the game so much more enjoyable.

The freeware community has saved this game for me and I take my hat off to those that have spent the time developing these mods and are giving them free to the community.  YOU GUYS DESERVE A MEDAL!

If I was using the default game without mods; I think I'd have moved by now to another game whilst waiting for MSFS2020 updates

It's obvious Asobo has got the foundations in place for what will be a great game given time, but in the meantime these community mods are essential for me to enjoy the game and Asobo should pay these guys something for saving their game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I find myself angry a lot even though I shouldn't be.

Amen to that. Being locked down takes its toll. I lost my internet this week for four days due to downed lines from a bad storm. I was climbing the walls like a junkie in withdrawal and snarking at everybody.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Whilst there is no need to get nasty with people if you differ with their opinion either pro or con, to be fair, when someone does post an 'I love this...' or 'this thing sucks...' topic, it is kind of like serving a tennis ball at us all - every once in a while someone is going to bat that thing right back and you should kind of expect that if you launch such at a forum, since discussion is basically the whole point of a forum posts anyway.

As I say though, there's no need to get nasty about it, but a thoughtful and civilised discussion as to the pros and cons can be fun so long as it doesn't get heated.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

all that need to be added is IMO, I believe, I feel etc. Not like someone has a magic ball and knows something know one else does. That's what gets me. Opinions if stated as is alright with me.

It is almost like every single thread is a dumpster fire. Because....the internet. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

46 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

all that need to be added is IMO, I believe, I feel etc. Not like someone has a magic ball and knows something know one else does. That's what gets me. Opinions if stated as is alright with me.

Exactly!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.